Yong Kim TSV 19/9/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

my tunic has bobbled bit that can happen with these finer fabrics the fibre conyent is 50 viscose and 50% polyester in the crinkle. my join favbrics are far softer and no bobling but it does not bother me

Am I stupid or on the website are each of the colours made up of different compositions. Why would that be?

She said she's in a size 14 but would normally be a 16

The different colours in YK range can often be a different make up of materials, it pays to be careful and check, if Q gets it right that is, otherwise it can be quite annoying if you thought you were getting modal but don't

A storm just started and Q is dipping in and out of signal.. Oh well

You're right, I wonder if it's to do with some fabrics taking certain dyes better than others, or transparency of fabric. I see that the lighter colours are the one with more viscose.

There is a vast difference in each of the colours therefore you would be getting a completely different article so how are you expected to judge them.

Imagine buying Mally only to find the purple eyeshadow was powder rather than a pencil?

Totally ridiculous, unless they are exactly the same, other than colour, they should be sold under separate numbers.

I wish the models would stop swishing the damn clothes around they look stupid, it looks like they are trying to disguise problems with the clothes, like the fact the pink top was clearly see through or that the larger model is wearing a couple of items one size too small etc etc, honestly it just makes me think they are uncomfortable in what they are wearing as you can always spot someone who is uncomfortable in an item of clothing because they are always tugging at it like the Q modals do, it Soo annoys me as you can't just see how an item hangs!!

Oh dear, Ingrid "you won't find many people wearing Yong Kim as you can only get it at Q". Wow so Q obviously don't sell much Yong Kim then!?! There are so many ways to take that quote and none reflect well on the range or Q! Think you should find a better way of saying what you are trying to say!

Slightly off topic but some time ago there was a thread about who "Yong- Kim" actually is.
I don't know if anyone else heard the guest say that she has met her on several occasions, so maybe she really is an actual person and not a made up one.
Who knows with Q they would tell you black was white if they could get away with it and it sold a couple of extra items.
I am getting more and more disenchanted with them every time I watch a show, which isn't very often these days.

I don't believe there is a person called Yong Kim. If there was, we'd have seen a photo of him/her before now and it's not like designers to be reserved about advertising their creations. I think it's a company who's decided that they need to create a brand based on the fact that many working women haven't time or inclination to iron and the thinking seems to have been that any old floaty, crinkled material will be okay because it will only fit where it touches and they (the customers) can layer it up anyway. YK clothes don't look good on the models, they look awful on the "brand ambassador", Ingrid, and to be honest I wouldn't give this sort of look wardrobe space, even if I could screw them up and stuff them in the bottom of a drawer. As for pricing, well, they reckon the non-iron brigade are making megabucks so they will get those silly prices for their stuff.

Emperor's clothes springs to mind. If you tell the public for long enough that something's trendy and fashionable, some will buy it.

Waiting now for screams of horror from the YK fashionistas.

The TSV pattern is hurting my eyes and I don't think the design is flattering I'm just looking at a sleeveless thing and it's as light as a feather by the looks of it, it's up one side down the other fastens round the side and back reminds me of a dishcloth and they have the nerve to charge nearly £80.00 plos £5.00 P&P for it. Sorry to those who love this range and I'm sure it's not all bad but from what I've seen so far it's not my cup of tea.

i dont believe she is a real designer at all. qvc do overgg things to make a sale i would put nothing past them in paticularly with thier own label brands. i bought some bronzo italia items omg they are now green in places. the guest presenter said they were heavily plated with several plating "buds" to add to the sales pitch. yong kim is well made but overpriced imo

Like before if you search online for yong kim there is quite a bit about her and her background, she is real!!!!! :mysmilie_51:

I think there are many things to dislike, or actually hate about Q especially with my latest troubles with them, which I will post when Trading Standards have done their bit as it will be a good warning to all who shop with Q the things that have gone on and Q's disgusting, possibly illegal, response and possibly threats!! But Yong kim is real!!! :mysmilie_10:

I like some YK but I also don't like the TSV and also think it looks very unflattering especially on the bigger model and presenter makes them look bigger than they actually are IMHO

Well I was going to go for the TSV but got p'd off trying to decide which fabric composition versus colour so I just decided not to bother and went and bought myself a Pandora bangle instead!

I don't believe there is a person called Yong Kim. If there was, we'd have seen a photo of him/her before now and it's not like designers to be reserved about advertising their creations. I think it's a company who's decided that they need to create a brand based on the fact that many working women haven't time or inclination to iron and the thinking seems to have been that any old floaty, crinkled material will be okay because it will only fit where it touches and they (the customers) can layer it up anyway. YK clothes don't look good on the models, they look awful on the "brand ambassador", Ingrid, and to be honest I wouldn't give this sort of look wardrobe space, even if I could screw them up and stuff them in the bottom of a drawer. As for pricing, well, they reckon the non-iron brigade are making megabucks so they will get those silly prices for their stuff.

Emperor's clothes springs to mind. If you tell the public for long enough that something's trendy and fashionable, some will buy it.

Waiting now for screams of horror from the YK fashionistas.

As I noted in an earlier post – sometime in June- there is a small clothing company in the USA called Comfy USA Apparel Inc in Sylmar, LA, California. In the UK, the clothing range is sold under the name of Yong Kim.

The president of the company is one Richard Kim and his VP is one Yong Kim. A couple in their mid- 50s called Richard and Yong Kim are listed elsewhere as residing in an upmarket area of LA. Notwithstanding the fact that Kim is one of the most common Korean family names, the information dovetails with that provided by Ingrid. Given the latter’s ignorance and lack of interest in basic research, I doubt whether she would have spent time using Dun & Bradstreet and other company reports to ‘create’ a QVC ‘Yong Kim’ persona from a ‘real’ person. Freddie Forsyth she ain’t.

YK-type tunics/ dresses and skirts – Phase 8, Ronen Chen, Wall and Bazaar come to mind – have been sold in London and elsewhere for years. In my experience, some people look very good in them: others less so, because they wear the wrong size and/or appear to lack confidence or flare.

I disagree with your statement that YK clothes ‘don’t look good on the models’. I would have agreed were you to have said that some of the YK clothes don’t look good on some of the models. The ‘young outsize’ models appear to be following Joy in that they frequently size down, which is not a good look.

Similarly, I disagree that YK clothes look awful on Ingrid. I concede that she can - and does - look like a bag lady on many occasions. However, in my opinion, she can – and does – look good on other occasions.

From my reading of forum posts and reviews posted on the web, I would be most surprised to find many YK- wearers ‘screaming’ after reading your post: their response would most likely be ‘whatever.’

Jay

I could scream at Ingrid T, she said if we didn't like the creased look we could use it as a layering piece under something, then nobody need see it, what flaming planet does she live on...you pay over £100 for a top and cover it up...I had to switch off before I did my TV a mischief....

I like the unstructured look. They are meant to be worn loosely. They are not fitted garments. Prices cheaper on eBay. Just seen the Tsv and not keen.

Latest posts

Back