You just wouldn't would you?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Spend £26 on popcorn bars that is! Whilst I'm sure they're very yummy, it's the sort of thing you may grab when you're going round the supermarket to munch in the car on the way home and you'll probably spend about 80p-£1 for one. I couldn't imagine anyone parting for the best part of £2 for one cause this pack of 15 work out at just over £1.73 each. I'm not saying they're not nice, but the price is shocking, and considering how ****** cheap the main ingredient is, you could make this sort of thing yourself for pennies. Even more shocking is the warning that the bars could contain un popped kernels...Unacceptable - for the price they're charging they should have a team of elves making sure there isn't any..guess they've gotta cover their backs. Great, spend £26 on popcorn bars and end up with a £300 dental bill - but nobody would would they?!

been there done that with toffee!

We usually buy some different type of sweet or chocolate on holiday and that is the sort of price you are sucked into saying “sure it’s holiday you wouldn’t spend that everyday” and at least 50% of the time they are yuckie and the rest you have no hope of ever getting again.

Popcorn is the cheapest and easiest item to do at home especially if like me you prefer salted, no special equipment required.

well I certainly would not! I wonder about some of the stuff QVC bring us, obviously these types of goodies are not selling in the normal way. It really irks me and high time they started selling low carb and very low carb!

These expensive titbits are the sort of thing sold pre Christmas - who is buying in February?
God knows!!! Obviously Q rely heavily upon a customer base for whom money is no object, value for money is not a priority and those who are hopelessly addicted to shopping with them. I can only imagine that anyone who buys these are just desperately looking for something to buy!

I love M&S's Belgian choc and toffee popcorn but gave that up years ago after reading the calorific (horrific!) value.

I often find these things less enjoyable than the blurb or their appearance would suggest. I did the popcorn thing a couple of years back, and am not at all tempted to repeat.

Just before Christmas I got a box of 6 salted caramel almond and pretzel popcorn bars from Aldi for, I think, 99p.

No artificial flavourings, colours or preservatives and 93 calories per bar.

They were delicious and I didn't get any un-popped corn, next time I'm in there I'm going to stock up.
I discovered the Reece version of this bar in the Co-op, and they sell out every time its restocked - best choc bar I've tasted in years. Don't know the size of your 6 bars for 99p, but these are 2 bars (2 portions in each) for £1.

I buy something called Boka https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MRS3JGF/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 from Amazon, 24 for a tenner in chocolate mallow bars, £13 for 24 strawberry and caramel £10 for a box of 24, all delivered free, they’re low fat, low sugar etc so they’re really yummy as well as healthy. Yet QVC feel the need to sell this over priced food/treats often with bad reviews and low stars, when many have lost their jobs. QVC are most definitely out of touch and haven’t got a clue how life outside they’re billion pound profit, extremely well paid, organisation live.

I buy something called Boka https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MRS3JGF/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 from Amazon, 24 for a tenner in chocolate mallow bars, £13 for 24 strawberry and caramel £10 for a box of 24, all delivered free, they’re low fat, low sugar etc so they’re really yummy as well as healthy. Yet QVC feel the need to sell this over priced food/treats often with bad reviews and low stars, when many have lost their jobs. QVC are most definitely out of touch and haven’t got a clue how life outside they’re billion pound profit, extremely well paid, organisation live.
Is the chocolate mallow version like a walnut whip, but without a walnut? (I was amazed to discover that they are in fact a thing these days and sold as whips.)

Is the chocolate mallow version like a walnut whip, but without a walnut? (I was amazed to discover that they are in fact a thing these days and sold as whips.)
WHAT!!! I used to have a walnut whip every Friday years ago. Yum yum. The best bit was the walnut. I haven't seen them in a long time but now I shall look next time I go to the shops, which will probably be 2050 as Mr CC has taken over and sees it as his highlight of the week to go to Asda. Saddo 😁

CC

No it’s more like just a bit gooey. If you click reviews you can see pictures of what they look like. I always buy them when they’re from Amazon Prime, but they always sell out quick.

WHAT!!! I used to have a walnut whip every Friday years ago. Yum yum. The best bit was the walnut. I haven't seen them in a long time but now I shall look next time I go to the shops, which will probably be 2050 as Mr CC has taken over and sees it as his highlight of the week to go to Asda. Saddo 😁

CC
Anyone remember when there were 2 walnuts? One on top, and one inside at the bottom? And when the chocolate was poured in a spiral to make the shape?
Walnut Whips are one of my favourites. The slight bitterness of the walnut balances the sweet stickiness of the mallow.

Just seen LATI posted about the 2 walnuts!

Now you mention it I vaguely remember two walnuts. Definitely spiral chocolate and that marshmallow stuff in the middle. I probably couldn't eat one of those now if I tried.

CC

Latest posts

Back