Zumba

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Is there a significance to the one trouser leg being rolled up? :confused:

Pretentious, moi?!! :p

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

The secret ingredient to the zumba working, of course! If you have to ask, it's not for you!!!!! I tried it once and didn't 'get' it but no trouser leg rolled up so perhaps that's why....

The woman who takes the class I go to, does this. Not sure, why????? Perhaps to clearly see the feet movement or could be to show off their tan better.

The other woman who took the class before just wore shorts or 3/4 length trackie bottoms.

I noticed that the last time I watched the Zumba program, but I thought it had rolled down accidently and briefly wondered why the dancer sort it out:happy:

I am at Zumba tonight. I know our teacher wears official Zumba clothes (strange trousers with things flapping off them!), but can't remember if she rolls one leg up. I will have a good look tonight. The demos of it on QVC are quite funny as it seems so slow. In a Zumba class, you have to leap around like a mad thing. Maybe they don't have the space in the studio.

The trouser leg thing is very odd but it does help if you see their blinking feet I think. Also it helps if the instructor is facing the same way you are when you're learning "the moves".

What bothers me is they keep saying on QVC you don't have to a dancer. Well no you don't but if you don't like dancing or you're unco-ordinated it's not going to be easy. If you can dance or enjoy dancing you're more likely to stick at it. Two left feet and it's going to be a slog.

I bought it ages ago and I really like the 20 minute workout. Great to do first thing in the morning two or three times a week.

What bothers me is they keep saying on QVC you don't have to a dancer. Well no you don't but if you don't like dancing or you're unco-ordinated it's not going to be easy. If you can dance or enjoy dancing you're more likely to stick at it. Two left feet and it's going to be a slog.
I agree that if you really hate dancing, you will hate Zumba. That is, after all, what it is, but I think on air they actually concentrate TOO MUCH on professional dancing. In fact a few days ago I posted something to this effect on the QVCUK Facebook page and there were quite a few other FB people who agreed with me. While it's all very nice to have professional world-class dancers demo-ing it, it is likely (with their perfect lines and perma-smiles) to put a lot of people off on the grounds that they will not be 'good enough'. This is not the case and, indeed, is completely against the ethos of Zumba. Zumba is about having a good time, moving in your own style and not worrying about how perfect you look.While I quite like Matthew and Enrico as people, I don't think they are the best examples to the unitiated. Their on-air instructions to the presenters aren't very clear either and they are in no way as simple to follow as the ones on the DVD. No-one ever makes mention of the three-step method for learning the steps. These start out simply and slowly and gently build up. I wish they'd have a presenter learn on-air from following the DVD instructions, not the live ones in the studio. Anyway, as I say, there was quite a bit of agreement on the FB page. So I was intrigued to see whether any of this had been taken note of with the latest presentation. To be fair, either someone at QVC, or perhaps Anna herself, seemed to have because they were spending a lot of time talking about the fun, the fact that it is about movement and that it doesn't matter one jot if you don't resemble a great dancer at any point. And it made a real change to get a bit nearer to the 'real' Zumba. So I did comment on this on the FB page and congratulate Anna on a good job. And, again, others agreed. It may have been entirely coincidence, but whatever, at least it was better than usual.
I do wish, though, that they'd show more of the DVD to give a better example. I bought my first set having seen the infomercials on one of the other channels which really give you an idea of the type of instruction, the energy and the speed you need. If I'd only ever seen the Matthew/Enrico presentations I'd've never tried it. And I'm so glad I did because I'm now wearing clothes two sizes smaller than before I started!

Yes, our teacher wears the official Zumba stuff too.

I keep telling newbies who turn up to the class looking frightened. We all just stand round chatting before it starts. Okay, its not a dance competition. The teacher just tells everyone, have fun and enjoy yourself. Oh, she does turn her back, which confused some who also turned around!!!!:doh: And she counts too, brilliant for steps.

Oh boy, I sweat actually having to wipe the back of my hair with a tissue.

I started on the DVDs and have done the odd class here and there but it was great when I went to a class where the instructor turned her back. So much easier to follow new steps.

I quite like watching Matt Cutler but that's simply because he's so easy on the eye. I can dance proper and have done ballroom, salsa and samba so some of it is quite familiar. It doesn't make me any better than anyone else but it does make it "comfortable" and enjoyable.

The main thing though is you enjoy it. Any exercise you enjoy is a bonus. And just trying the steps rather than perfecting them is still exercise.

That reminded me of years ago and I used to teach an aerobics class. The ladies were very competative in both their dress and performance and one time I had an itchy bum and scratched it. At least half of them followed suit. It was incredibly hard to keep going with a straight face but somehow I managed it :giggle:

Yes, our teacher wears the official Zumba stuff too.

I keep telling newbies who turn up to the class looking frightened. We all just stand round chatting before it starts. Okay, its not a dance competition. The teacher just tells everyone, have fun and enjoy yourself. Oh, she does turn her back, which confused some who also turned around!!!!:doh: And she counts too, brilliant for steps.

Oh boy, I sweat actually having to wipe the back of my hair with a tissue.

Latest posts

Back