L'artisan french man

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Im enjoying this show, the french fella guest is so amusing. His accent is gorgeous, very handsome man. Dawson seems in her emement

Has anyone tried the drole de rose? I love rose fragrances. Really like Pail Smith's Rose fragrance. Any comments?

Good Moaning!

crabtree.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks with a tash for Movember he'd pass for the Policeman in Allo Allo?

Jude xx

Who could forget "I was pissing by the door when I heard a shat" ?

Not tried the perfumes but I like the guest. Now HE knows his stuff when it comes to fragrance.

Not tried the perfumes but I like the guest. Now HE knows his stuff when it comes to fragrance.
He may know his staff but having tried Pick of the Month I expected much better, especially the "Butterfly" - too sweet and I imagined it fresh. Sorry, although I like him but I don't trust him any more.

looks like i may have missed an eyeful (not that i could have watched with AD on anyway) but isn't it kinda boring watching someone talking about perfume? everything else they sell, you can see. perfume you can only smell. that's why the tova shows are so boring now they've stopped selling 90% of her range.

He' a total poppet and I love him:nod: Never tried these fragrances but could it be the great British public are not ready for something a bit unusual and distinct, perfume wise?

looks like i may have missed an eyeful (not that i could have watched with AD on anyway) but isn't it kinda boring watching someone talking about perfume? everything else they sell, you can see. perfume you can only smell. that's why the tova shows are so boring now they've stopped selling 90% of her range.

Totally agree Janie. Even if I was in the market for a new perfume, i would not watch a whole hour of perfume shows, or buy 'blind'. Their descriptions baffle me and its risky splashing out money for something you have no idea what it will smell like. Even with QVC's money back guarantee, you could lose two lots of P & P.

I own Drole de Rose(also a number of other L'Artisan's).

Its actually rose and violets(quite a lot of violets), quite sweet not overpowering or too heady.

Voleur de Roses is preferred by many, its patchouli and rose. I own that one too.

Blind buying of perfume is not for everyone, it can be a nightmare. Even if you are told the notes, it all depends on your skin chemistry if it will work for you.

I have done it, but I read reviews all over the web and think and decide whether to jump. Have to say I have been very successful. But I have been very lucky.

Florian (sp) is lovely and very passionate about the range. They do lovely candles as well.

The pick of the month is excellent value, they should be £60 each if bought separately. I own Nuit de Tuberose, but on me, its spicy and quite woody. Tuberose is actually a lily and not a rose, so can be quite heady. I prefer mine with a cough mixture vibe going on, like Serge Lutens Cedre. Butterflies I tried ages ago and it just wasn't me. I have to be careful of white florals.

AD was flashing a lot of thigh.

Last edited:
Thanks Donna. Am quite a fan of this range and have a few pieces now. Went to the covent garden store and it was bliss. Rather dangerous though. Have also tried the candles which were beautiful. Took the plunge and ordered the rose from q.

It was such an enjoyable hour. He was very handsome and charming and loved it when he kept saying to Anne' 'spray it on me, spray it on me'

I think he's a brilliant guest. Really knowledgable and clearly loves his job but buying perfume is not for me. I have to try them first because all top often a perfume that sounds very me either has no staying power or doesn't do it for me. I'm definitely going try Drole de Rose (spelling might be up the creek) as I love rose and violets but I'm not paying postage to give a go. I also prefer to start with a small size of a new perfume because sometimes I like them but don't love them. I'm working my way through a few of those at the minute. But I have taken out my lovely Lipstick Rose again. I absolutely love it. But it's not a summer perfume for me.

Yes he is knowledgable, but have to confess, I wasnt really interested in the perfumes, just wanted to hear him speak, sound like silk. He is very 'dishy' my cousin said and I have to say, I agree totally.

It was such an enjoyable hour. He was very handsome and charming and loved it when he kept saying to Anne' 'spray it on me, spray it on me'
And "I'm going to spray it on you" and went spraying around her decolletage

Latest posts

Back