Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone I used to work with ordered some Victoria Principal skincare she had seen on a tv infomercial.
When she had used it all up, she moaned that it hadn't done anything for her skin.
I asked why she had fallen for all the hype, she said " well Victoria looks amazing, and she uses it"

Oh dear.....:mysmilie_11:

Tee hee, nothing to do with the fact she was married to a leading plastic surgeon then? To be fair, she probably has "good genes" as well and naturally good bone structure, but even if she didn't, people forget about the work of the make-up artists and professional photographers we rarely see them without.

I believe prostitution pays quite well but most people draw a line at just how much of themselves they will sell.

These people have no self respect they would sell their grannie for a freebie or an invitation to the opening of an envelope.

Someone has posted a question about how to return jewellery that has been worn. Love the first reply:

"Send it back within 30 days and they will send it back out to someone else!"

:grin:

What I don't understand, though, is the comments which follow, such as "Oh no, not another one" and "These paid for questions are really quite boring now". I am not questioning whether it's true or not but how do people know certain posters are mystery shoppers, as they go on to say, or are planting questions? Maybe I can't see what they can see because I am not logged in? What is a 'mystery shopper' anyway?

Someone has posted a question about how to return jewellery that has been worn. Love the first reply:

What I don't understand, though, is the comments which follow, such as "Oh no, not another one" and "These paid for questions are really quite boring now". I am not questioning whether it's true or not but how do people know certain posters are mystery shoppers or are planting questions? Maybe I can't see what they can see because I am not logged in? What is a 'mystery shopper' anyway?

Apparently Q pays people to 'test' its social media and customer services teams, but they haven't quite grasped the fact that asking the same, bland, sometimes nonsensical questions is a dead giveaway. The other two giveaways are that the people asking virtually never acknowledge the response from Q's FB team and the real corker is the response from Q, which generally starts with "Thanks for getting in touch..." none of the 'real' questions ever get such kid glove answers.

Apparently Q pays people to 'test' its social media and customer services teams, but they haven't quite grasped the fact that asking the same, bland, sometimes nonsensical questions is a dead giveaway. The other two giveaways are that the people asking virtually never acknowledge the response from Q's FB team and the real corker is the response from Q, which generally starts with "Thanks for getting in touch..." none of the 'real' questions ever get such kid glove answers.

Ah, it's making it bit more sense now, thanks. But is the idea mainly to see how quickly and well the admin team reply, or to draw attention to an item/service (as in "Funny you should ask....")? Sorry for all the dumb questions but it's the first time I've seen an exchange like that on FB.

You can tell I'd be useless on social media. I don't think I'm devious enough.

Ah, it's making it bit more sense now, thanks. But is the idea mainly to see how quickly and well the admin team reply, or to draw attention to an item/service (as in "Funny you should ask....")? Sorry for all the dumb questions but it's the first time I've seen an exchange like that on FB.

You can tell I'd be useless on social media. I don't think I'm devious enough.

I haven't the foggiest idea what kind of meaningful data they collect from these exercises, but maybe they have to do it to comply with some regulation in the US (I'm grasping at straws here as it all just seems bonkers to me)??? Certainly the questions fed to the 'mystery shoppers' are a lot of bow-locks.

Lots of retailers use mystery shoppers to test the service provided in store. I guess this is simply the digital version, testing the CS or Media team response. But a stupid question about Birkenstock is hardly going to yield much, is it. Someone with a really serious complaint would be more useful, and then they would see how swiftly Joex responds. That team often says they will ask and get back to the poster, but I have never seen that happen, usually they have to post again!

I also liked the jewellery response, amazed it wasn't deleted!

AH and RL are being paid to do a job. So they are doing that job.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

I hate 'celebrity' anything. But if Q are daft enough to pay them, I'm sure they are daft enough to take the money.

I won't be buying anything they claim to or like etc. but I cannot criticise them for taking the money.

Could not agree with you any more!
No Celebrity would make me buy a product, that is just being shallow in my eyes! In fact, I tend not to buy Celebrity endorsed things and much prefer an honest word of mouth or real review that some 'ordinary' person has tried and tested! That includes these deluded Beauty Bloggers too, Fake News Springs to MIND!!!!! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

What I don't understand, though, is the comments which follow, such as "Oh no, not another one" and "These paid for questions are really quite boring now". I am not questioning whether it's true or not but how do people know certain posters are mystery shoppers, as they go on to say, or are planting questions? Maybe I can't see what they can see because I am not logged in? What is a 'mystery shopper' anyway?

At least one of the posters was a member of a Facebook group for mystery shoppers.

It's all a Mystery why these groupies get so caught up with Fakebook!
Take me back to the good old days when you just phoned a company as there was no Social Media to get in the way! :mysmilie_5:

I am banned as I said earlier, a comment about Basso then a binlid replied supporting him and I replied back. Strangely it was a good 2 months before suddenly I could no longer post. I do like to read as now more and more are waking up to the way the page is run and the endless gushing from certain people about products etc. Its as if the brainwashing that QVC are the best, the most wonderful, the greatest place to shop is wearing off.

People are far more aware about the endless repeats of products and TSVs. Its like watching old tv shows, some are fun but if on 365 days a year get very boring.

Think some of these groupies are afraid to speak out in case they upset their so called 'Fakebook Friends'! Sad really, it's all about honesty and reality where i come from! :mysmilie_48:

Oh Oh!!!

A week or so ago, a poster mentioned the reviews regarding the Dyson Dryer. There's now 1384 reviews and as that person mentioned most say, "Written by a customer while visiting the Dyson site." I think that 'importing' reviews onto the QVC website is misleading. Do QVC do this with other items?
I would appreciate a reply from Customer Services as to why this was done.
• Now, an Dyson ad box/link has been included in my post.

So this should be interesting.

They have now answered this, load of who shot John.

Has anyone noticed that the woman who posts several times a day with photos has been missing for a week or so? Must be on holiday!

sorry but this one tickled me

"Why don't you respond to your e-mails I have been asking why you do not stock unscented yankee candle tealights. I am sure I cannot be the only one who cannot use the melt wsrmers that need these (that were purchased from QVC) because you do not stock the unscented tealights. I have been requesting an explaination for over a year. Please can you respond? — feeling confused."

then someone replied & said

" Yankee are known for their scented candles, so perhaps unscented ones are not cost effective for them!
There's lots of places out there that do them, and probably cheaper than Yankee." then the OP said
"See previous responses these do Not produce the effective results with the Yankee melt warmers so if they continue to sell these they should supply the means to maintain them"

then

"Do they sell the unscented ones on their own website?"

the reply after as

"They do but then I have to import from USA"

WTF!!! Q used to sell them but they just were not popular & not good value enough so they stopped selling them & you can get them on yankee uk website (http://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/product/bag-of-25-unscented/_/R-1130786112) so why would you need to import them from the USA!!

I would never pay for YC unscented tealights! Robert Dyas bargain bin is where I look, or similar. I know what they say about the low, controlled burn and the six hours etc BUT I have had YC ones (included in the purchase) which did not last that long; you can get duds in any of these packs, for any make. And as you say SCW, they are on the UK site so why is she getting them sent from the US??? Perhaps she looked ONCE and they weren't on the site so has never checked again. And other retailers sell them, as I just googled to check. Madness.

Oh dear, some people!! Unscented tea lights which you can buy anywhere(but not Yankee), really cheap.

And, someone has got the LETTER, she is outraged and never knew about the returns limit! She must not actually look at the Q Facebook page as it pops up a lot.

Latest posts

Back