Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caught that advert were I feel they're being very passive aggressive, and mocking people who dare to think negative about them, even though it's true..........think you know QVC? You'd be absolutely spot on.

I've got no idea how FB works, but why on earth would someone want to go back were they've been blocked, I'd put a massive two fingers up to them and say bollocks to you, I have more respect for myself than go crawling back, honestly some people.........

It's nothing to do with "crawling back", it's about holding two fingers up and saying "F*** you QVC, I will not let you stop me saying what I want to say because you don't like it."

I've lost count of how many times they've blocked me, it must be at least a dozen times now, but I'm always back within 5 minutes. They block me because I draw attention to the fact that almost all their cosmetic brands are not cruelty free even when they say they are. I made them change their standard statement about it because what they were saying wasn't true. It sounded good but it wasn't true, and people were believing it. I used to be the only person posting for the animals but a lot more people have now joined me in challenging Q on this issue, so I don't need to post very often any more. QVC can block me as often as they like, I will always go back because I will not allow them to profit from the exploitation and torture of animals without being held to account for it.

It's nothing to do with "crawling back", it's about holding two fingers up and saying "F*** you QVC, I will not let you stop me saying what I want to say because you don't like it."

I've lost count of how many times they've blocked me, it must be at least a dozen times now, but I'm always back within 5 minutes. They block me because I draw attention to the fact that almost all their cosmetic brands are not cruelty free even when they say they are. I made them change their standard statement about it because what they were saying wasn't true. It sounded good but it wasn't true, and people were believing it. I used to be the only person posting for the animals but a lot more people have now joined me in challenging Q on this issue, so I don't need to post very often any more. QVC can block me as often as they like, I will always go back because I will not allow them to profit from the exploitation and torture of animals without being held to account for it.

When it comes to defending animal welfare, believe me when I say I'm right there first in the queue, but as long as people continue to buy, animal tested beauty products or not, they're still allowing QVC to trade. Maybe post on QVCUSA FB page after all, they call the shots. Good luck, I applaud anyone that fights for the welfare of life's beautiful animals who are not anyone's property and also, anything that can help put ******* Butcher Basso out of business can only be a good thing.

If we didn't go to war because we might not win, we'd all be speaking German. We go to war because it's something abhorent we should stand up against and we hope we can make a difference. The fact that I used to be the only one fighting this cause on QVC's page and now there are quite a lot of people there shows that progress is being made. People are now posting that they're not going to buy cruel brands any longer, which never used to happen.

The animal protection laws coming in around the world are happening because we fight. The worldwide protests against the dog and cat meat trade and the horrifying brutality dispensed to millions of dog and cats in Asia have been directly responsible for Taiwan making it illegal to eat dogs and cats, which will save millions of animals from suffering unspeakable barbarity. That is a landmark victory in a war none of us thought we could win.

As for QVC US and the CEO, we're already doing battle with them. It takes time. This fight is taking decades, but slowly we're getting there as more countries introduce animal welfare laws and hundreds of companies earn the Leaping Bunny to show they are truly cruelty free. None of this would have happened if we hadn't started a war we weren't sure we could win.

Those of us rescuing dogs and cats from the meat trade and rehoming them around the world live by one belief: "Rescuing one dog doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for that one dog". And that's enough reason to keep doing it.

Last edited:
If we didn't go to war because we might not win, we'd all be speaking German. We go to war because it's something abhorent we should stand up against and we hope we can make a difference. The fact that I used to be the only one fighting this cause on QVC's page and now there are quite a lot of people there shows that progress is being made. People are now posting that they're not going to buy cruel brands any longer, which never used to happen.

The animal protection laws coming in around the world are happening because we fight. The worldwide protests against the dog and cat meat trade and the horrifying brutality dispensed to millions of dog and cats in Asia have been directly responsible for Taiwan making it illegal to eat dogs and cats, which will save millions of animals from suffering unspeakable barbarity. That is a landmark victory in a war none of us thought we could win.

As for QVC US and the CEO, we're already doing battle with them. It takes time. This fight is taking decades, but slowly we're getting there as more countries introduce animal welfare laws and hundreds of companies earn the Leaping Bunny to show they are truly cruelty free. None of this would have happened if we hadn't started a war we weren't sure we could win.

Those of us rescuing dogs and cats from the meat trade and rehoming them around the world live by one belief: "Rescuing one dog doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for that one dog". And that's enough reason to keep doing it.

Scout, I'm aware of the abhorrent way animals are treated around the world honestly, I really am, as are the majority of the adult population but I'm afraid they come in two categories those who care, and those who don't. I have in the past contacted QVC on several occasions to vent my fury at their unethical practices, then I practised what I preached and closed my account never to return, my only gripe is I never did it sooner. I've heard that said before about changing the world for that one dog/animal, I can't remember who said it, I think it was Ricky Gervaise who's a great animal activist. Anyway that's the last I'll say on this subject, I'm aware of the horrors around the world regarding animal cruelty, as are most of us, I'm a member of a few animal charities myself and pray that one day, every living thing is left to live their lives in peace.

I'm more of a "you catch more flies with hunny" type person.

Some of us just quietly get on with changing things for the better, in our own way, in our own time and step by step. I find if someone tries ramming something down my throat that I switch off and hate it when people talk as if it`s a them vs us way of life. I enjoy learning about new things and my Dad always said a day in which you don`t learn something new, is a day wasted and it`s through conversation and discussion, reading and listening that most people begin to question themselves and the World around them.
Aggressive stances don`t work on me, I`m too old, too long in the tooth and too intelligent to have someone beat a drum in my ear. You catch more flies with an ounce of honey than you do with a big stick. I recently entered a discussion about politics and put forward my view in a polite way but was met with personal insults in return and in my mind the minute someone has to respond with rudeness or insults , then they do neither themselves nor their causes any favours.
Mankind will move forward one step at a time, younger generations are being educated about the world, the environment and the cruelty and kindnesses and are able to make far more informative choices than my generation was. Each step no matter how small in each person`s home, makeup bag and lifestyle which takes them towards a kinder World is a step in the right direction but the wrong push by the wrong people can backfire and undo the good work.
Over time I`ve gradually tried to become as eco friendly and as cruelty free in the products I buy as I can be. I`m not there 100% yet but I`m getting there. Rome wasn`t built in a day but Pompeii was destroyed in a day and someone berating me or accusing me of not doing enough would be my idea of Pompeii !

I see the mystery shopper has returned and been called out.:mysmilie_17:

Do you send an email when you ship an item. Reply full of thank you etc, poster said the rest of us don't get those and most questions never get answer.:mysmilie_15: Of course a binlid is saying the person asking might be a new customer. And that is a flying pig overhead.

Sadly most people have no idea the extent of the brutality endured by the world's non-human animals, and the "flies with honey" thing is too slow and doesn't catch enough people. Should we use that approach with paedophiles, and allow thousands of children to be abused for another few decades until we eventually stop it? Many of us have been fighting the dog and cat meat trade for a very long time, but it took a few newspapers to print horrific pictures of the Yulin abomination for the world to become outraged. As a direct result, Taiwan has banned it and millions of animals have been saved. Also the young in China heard the rest of the world, and are now working to stop the dog meat trade from inside China, and are rescuing hundreds of dogs and cats from the brutal trade (many of them people's stolen pets, still wearing collars and name tags). Tell people that dogs and cats are being tortured to death for their meat and people say "How awful". Show them pictures of dogs being held down and blowtorched, then being held down in vats of boiling water while fully conscious, and then being skinned alive - and millions of people become determined to stop it as quickly as possible. Sometimes people have to be shocked into action.

Johnny Depp: "If you don't like pictures of violence towards animals being posted, you need to help stop the violence, not the pictures."

"Rescuing one dog doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for that one dog" was not said by Ricky Gervais. It's sometimes attributed to Gill Dalley, the co-founder of Soi Dog Foundation, and sometimes to Karen Davison, the author of "A Dog's Guide to Humans".

Sadly most people have no idea the extent of the brutality endured by the world's non-human animals, and the "flies with honey" thing is too slow and doesn't catch enough people. Should we use that approach with paedophiles, and allow thousands of children to be abused for another few decades until we eventually stop it? Many of us have been fighting the dog and cat meat trade for a very long time, but it took a few newspapers to print horrific pictures of the Yulin abomination for the world to become outraged. As a direct result, Taiwan has banned it and millions of animals have been saved. Also the young in China heard the rest of the world, and are now working to stop the dog meat trade from inside China, and are rescuing hundreds of dogs and cats from the brutal trade (many of them people's stolen pets, still wearing collars and name tags). Tell people that dogs and cats are being tortured to death for their meat and people say "How awful". Show them pictures of dogs being held down and blowtorched, then being held down in vats of boiling water while fully conscious, and then being skinned alive - and millions of people become determined to stop it as quickly as possible. Sometimes people have to be shocked into action.

Johnny Depp: "If you don't like pictures of violence towards animals being posted, you need to help stop the violence, not the pictures."

"Rescuing one dog doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for that one dog" was not said by Ricky Gervais. It's sometimes attributed to Gill Dalley, the co-founder of Soi Dog Foundation, and sometimes to Karen Davison, the author of "A Dog's Guide to Humans".

Okay Scout I am going to have tell you this. There are still kind people around but the world have now gone back again. People can film dog fights on phones and sell the the footage and they make money. People breed puppies sick and dying it makes money. So the war you speak of will not happen. It takes patience and laws to be changed. standing screaming about a WAR will do nothing. I have signed petitions donated money even went to rallies cruelty cases get to court and its a slap on the wrist. Oh the judges do have the power to send to jail but very very very very very rarely do.

As for QVC they will give out the ethical message every time and unless no one not one single person buys from them they will do nothing. Rant on their Facebook page will do nothing a few hundred people(I doubt it is even that) read the page. There are millions out there who watch and buy from QVC who never do Facebook. Standing screaming will have no effect, writing to the CEO will have no effect. Its the law of the land which changes things. People screaming and declaring war will not change it.

Looks like the people posting the same inane questions on the Q page have been outed at secret shoppers at last.

Have they removed the Visitor Posts section which used to be on the right hand side of the screen?

Have they removed the Visitor Posts section which used to be on the right hand side of the screen?

Oh yes! I can't see it either but I'm not a logged-in member (which doesn't usually prevent me seeing it) - are you?

You go to the "posts" on the left side, press "not now" when it says "log in or not now", then you'll see visitors posts on the right, click on that and it'll ask you again (because Facebook is a bit thick like that) than click "not now again" which is my preference, and the posts will appear. I hope that makes sense.

You go to the "posts" on the left side, press "not now" when it says "log in or not now", then you'll see visitors posts on the right, click on that and it'll ask you again (because Facebook is a bit thick like that) than click "not now again" if that's your preference, and the posts will appear. I hope that makes sense.

That works, thanks shopperholic. Is this a new thing?

You go to the "posts" on the left side, press "not now" when it says "log in or not now", then you'll see visitors posts on the right, click on that and it'll ask you again (because Facebook is a bit thick like that) than click "not now again" which is my preference, and the posts will appear. I hope that makes sense.
Success! Thanks very much.

Latest posts

Back