JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don’t know how you find out what her house costs or what her future husband’s job is. However, I would quite like to know what their various partners do purely because they all, give or take, have a second household income - lucky them. Both on telly and in private I so dislike a bragger, it smacks of a very ordinary upbringing and I just think it’t Vulgar! Each to their own.

I love to watch Escape to the Country, I have even watched the repeats as I have an interest in interiors, but it never fails to bother me how much people are willing to pay for property in certain parts of e
England.

If you refused to pay such hugely inflated prices, perhaps they would come down.

On the JR front don’t forget she has not been an owner occupier for many years, if ever, so she’s bragging big time, but I would love to know what her partner does!
He's a musician - drums, percussion & he sometimes sings. I also watch Escape to the Country, some of the properties are gorgeous & I agree about the eye-watering prices people are prepared to pay. I always love it when they say they want 'traditional', several acres of land in a rural location but it must be within a certain travelling distance of their job. THEN they get shown exactly what they desired & say it's too isolated with too much land & they can hear a distant hum that's the road that will allow them to get to work. Alistair's my favourite - I can always tell when he doesn't like someone!

He's a musician - drums, percussion & he sometimes sings. I also watch Escape to the Country, some of the properties are gorgeous & I agree about the eye-watering prices people are prepared to pay. I always love it when they say they want 'traditional', several acres of land in a rural location but it must be within a certain travelling distance of their job. THEN they get shown exactly what they desired & say it's too isolated with too much land & they can hear a distant hum that's the road that will allow them to get to work. Alistair's my favourite - I can always tell when he doesn't like someone!

It really gets on my chesticles when these idiots who have lived in the city for 30 years want 10 acres to keep pigs/lama/donkeys. They have no idea the work involved in keeping land and animals.

Also the ones who intend to have holiday lets whilst commuting to the city 3 times a week, have they any idea that even with agents running it you need to have some input on a daily basis if it’s attached to your own home.

The did a series of “go back” and I don’t think anyone of them did the lamas or pigs!

I don’t know how you find out what her house costs or what her future husband’s job is. However, I would quite like to know what their various partners do purely because they all, give or take, have a second household income - lucky them. Both on telly and in private I so dislike a bragger, it smacks of a very ordinary upbringing and I just think it’t Vulgar! Each to their own.

I love to watch Escape to the Country, I have even watched the repeats as I have an interest in interiors, but it never fails to bother me how much people are willing to pay for property in certain parts of e
England.

If you refused to pay such hugely inflated prices, perhaps they would come down.

On the JR front don’t forget she has not been an owner occupier for many years, if ever, so she’s bragging big time, but I would love to know what her partner does!

You are spot on. She has become an owner occupier, probably for first time or after a long time and because of what I consider character flaws it has made her vulgar. That is how she is and she won’t change particularly when there are people fawning around her. It only bothers me because I used to enjoy QVC and the Presenters who are self obsessed braggers spoil it for me and others.

Thinking back to when she had her holiday home she was bragging even then but apart from the Overpriced soap in the umpteen bathrooms it didn’t seem to annoy us so much. Perhaps the other traits hadn’t surfaced until now and those were the days when she was helpful (AKA doing her job) about measurements etc.

It can all be tracked back to iPads and blogs -before that they didn’t really have the platform to feed their egos.

Thinking back to when she had her holiday home she was bragging even then but apart from the Overpriced soap in the umpteen bathrooms it didn’t seem to annoy us so much. Perhaps the other traits hadn’t surfaced until now and those were the days when she was helpful (AKA doing her job) about measurements etc.

It can all be tracked back to iPads and blogs -before that they didn’t really have the platform to feed their egos.

Your words 'feed their egos' says it all.

The Spanish Villa marked the beginning. There were the photos and she made it clear it was available for holiday lets ( hello DF ). That business venture for some reason did not take off and she retreated a bit. She then gradually evolved into what for me is ridiculous, gurning show off. Some would say don’t watch her but QVC is all about watching presentations and making decisions about whether to buy. The presenter should not cause viewers to switch off and I know enough people who do. A presenter who does that is not an asset to the company.

I was looking forward to the group photo to see which presenters she’s besties with. Wonder if any are going to hop on a plane for her, if they can afford it!

We are Escape to the Country, Location Location, Place In The Sun and the like avid watchers.
Plus I’m a very regular visitor to Rightmove.co.uk its amazing how much you can see on there.

The Spanish Villa marked the beginning. There were the photos and she made it clear it was available for holiday lets ( hello DF ). That business venture for some reason did not take off and she retreated a bit. She then gradually evolved into what for me is ridiculous, gurning show off. Some would say don’t watch her but QVC is all about watching presentations and making decisions about whether to buy. The presenter should not cause viewers to switch off and I know enough people who do. A presenter who does that is not an asset to the company.

Hadn’t they had ‘The Eagles’ Villa a long time, during which they did it up.
I think someone said on here that her illness sparked the sale of it.

We are Escape to the Country, Location Location, Place In The Sun and the like avid watchers.
Plus I’m a very regular visitor to Rightmove.co.uk its amazing how much you can see on there.

Me too & I love Homes Under The Hammer, just a pity my Mr T isn't a DIY fan. I'm delighted to say
he has many other talents :blush:

Can remember my mother in the 70’s ringing estate agents how much is x property up for? “Oh would you like us to send you a prospectus?” “No, it’s ok I will pop in for a sheet she would say.” In better health she’d love Rightmove now.

I don’t think they had it for too long but I definitely remember the health and wellness business they attempted to set up there. Someone on this forum posted the then website with photographs, rates etc.

That's the trouble these days. I turn on to watch a presentation of an item just to be treated to a load of bragging or having to listen to stories about families or shown pictures on iPads of grandkids (yes, AK, YOU! We're NOT interested).

We no longer get actual details of sizes etc. (anyone remember the QVC ruler?). We do, however, get unprepared presenters who don't know sizes or (my particular favourite) colours. The current fad that Q has of changing colour names is priceless. Baffled guests who obviously know their product trying to work out which name matches which colour while being shouted over by rude presenters who clearly have no interest in the item is painful to watch.

I often wonder if this is just a ploy by Q to sell more to uncertain customers as a lot of people are reluctant to return due to high postage costs.

I have both a partner and neighbours like yours. I feel your pain.

I suffer with allergies (badly - even high-end candles will set me off), but OH would rather tell me to take my medication than tell my neighbours their ****** wood burner badly needs the attention of a good chimney sweep :mysmilie_51:

Ah yes, I have a man like that as well. Me "I'm dying". Mr CC "Well do it quietly and make me a cup of tea first". :mysmilie_51: So why put up with that I hear you say. I've had worse :mysmilie_17:

CC

Ah yes, I have a man like that as well. Me "I'm dying". Mr CC "Well do it quietly and make me a cup of tea first". :mysmilie_51: So why put up with that I hear you say. I've had worse :mysmilie_17:

CC

Long-lost twins maybe? I had one that was a LOT worse, too. A LOT...

Presenter preparation for some seems to be less of a priority these days. A move to the non guested hours of the past, would be a frightening shake up.

I don’t think they had it for too long but I definitely remember the health and wellness business they attempted to set up there. Someone on this forum posted the then website with photographs, rates etc.

A health & wellness business?

A health & wellness business?
Something like that. I think a stay there offered healthy food and exercise regimes involving her son. That’s about all I remember. As I have said a forum member found and posted the details at the time.

That's the trouble these days. I turn on to watch a presentation of an item just to be treated to a load of bragging or having to listen to stories about families or shown pictures on iPads of grandkids (yes, AK, YOU! We're NOT interested).

We no longer get actual details of sizes etc. (anyone remember the QVC ruler?). We do, however, get unprepared presenters who don't know sizes or (my particular favourite) colours. The current fad that Q has of changing colour names is priceless. Baffled guests who obviously know their product trying to work out which name matches which colour while being shouted over by rude presenters who clearly have no interest in the item is painful to watch.

I often wonder if this is just a ploy by Q to sell more to uncertain customers as a lot of people are reluctant to return due to high postage costs.

I remember the ruler & Queen Julia kept hold of the Imperial one that was very detailed so that she could show the exact measurements on earrings & rings - oh how times have changed. The sales staff at the Q give me the impression they're doing us a favour by being on air. I've bought two dresses in April & last year one pair of boots & one pair of sandals - only because they were Clarks & a good deal. The days when I bought several items every month happened in another lifetime.

Latest posts

Back