JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've had QVC on in the background and JR is presenting a diamonique show with Alison O'Reilly. I've lost count of how many times she's mentioned her engagement ring, the wedding, plus the date, her birthday and she's even managed to drop in a reference to the colour of her wedding dress, in the first hour. She said she hasn't got the wedding rings yet which prompted AR to say they must get together some time.

You'd think that no one else in the world has ever got married or had a birthday. Recently it's like having a diva selling goods on the TV. Surely there is nothing in their contracts that states "you must bore the viewers with tales about your life so that they're numbed into buying stuff they don't want" or is there?

They've had Joan Collins on, who I expected to live up to her diva rep, but JR is definitely out-diva-ing the divas.

She said cream, but who knows.

Alison also suggested she could wear a bikini, as it's a beach wedding. Julia said "absolutely not."

Oh, I thought it was going to be an unusual colour. Hardly worth mentioning she’s going to wear cream! (Her mentioning it I mean, not you telling us! I like all the updates.)

Did she also not say Kevin Peter Pietersen MBE the former English cricketer, lived in the same lane as her in Ascot?

I can't imagine him saying that Julia Roberts lives nearby & then explaining that it's not THE Julia Roberts..!

I can't imagine him saying that Julia Roberts lives nearby & then explaining that it's not THE Julia Roberts..!

:mysmilie_17: I wouldn't boast about living near Kevin Pietersen either, he comes across as the most big headed, egotistical, appalling man and I like my cricket.

CC

I know Clair isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I don’t mind her too much - anyway there is a lovely bit on her blog about her sons 18th.

:mysmilie_17: I wouldn't boast about living near Kevin Pietersen either, he comes across as the most big headed, egotistical, appalling man and I like my cricket.

CC

I'll go to bat for him* regarding his love of, & for, animals & his fight against poaching.* - almost a cricket reference.

Perhaps it was to reference the 2-5 million pound properties in the same lane.

Judging by the photographs she posts of her house it is not in that price bracket. You can be sure she would be posting photos from all aspects and even perhaps an aerial photo if it was.

CC

I like my cricket and dislike him, too. Your description is very accurate. Maybe he should look for a presenting job on Q. I'm sure he'd fit in and feel right at home.

I know Clair isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I don’t mind her too much - anyway there is a lovely bit on her blog about her sons 18th.

My neighbour, who's a fan, told me all about her son's birthday, I'm on my own this week & having spare time I had a look. She's obviously very proud of him but previously mentioned neighbour gets the feeling that her second son misses out - on one of her Insta posts she said that she didn't see him before he went to his Prom because she was at an exercise class. Those of us with more than one child should always be aware of one of them feeling left out & apparently her stories always seem to be about Tom & her daughter. It may be that the middle one has asked for privacy but from the sound of it he's the only one who gets criticised.

As a middle child myself I can identify with that. Growing up my brother was the hero child because he was the first and the boy and my sister was the little baby. Me? I always had the feeling I was just there. I don't have children but if I did I might have had just one :heart: I don't feel I've missed out though not having kids, I just filled my life with other things.

CC

As a middle child myself I can identify with that. Growing up my brother was the hero child because he was the first and the boy and my sister was the little baby. Me? I always had the feeling I was just there. I don't have children but if I did I might have had just one :heart: I don't feel I've missed out though not having kids, I just filled my life with other things.

CC
I had wonderful parents who gave me a very happy childhood & taught me the importance of having values & integrity. It was only after she died that I found out how disappointed my mum was that I wasn't a boy, there were even 'sympathising' comments written in the congratualtions cards they received when I was born, but she never made me feel anything less than loved & appreciated. You may not have had children but you have given your dogs happy lives filled with love & in my opinion that's huge.

I was the oldest, then my sister and after my brother was born my sister says she always felt that we didn't matter. I must admit I had to do the opposite to what was expected . I was probably a pain in the butt to my parents. I didn't get on with my father until I had been married for a long time.

Judging by the photographs she posts of her house it is not in that price bracket. You can be sure she would be posting photos from all aspects and even perhaps an aerial photo if it was.

No just a small place in comparison though six figures but hardly the palace she makes out.

No just a small place in comparison though six figures but hardly the palace she makes out.

Aren't all houses - certainly down south - 6 figures?! Do you mean her place was 7 figures?

How does everyone know so much about her house and wedding?
Guessing it's either because she mentions it on air a lot - I rarely if ever see her on screen - or she over shares on her blog.

Maybe I will have to have a read of the presenter blogs. I've resisted the temptation all these years but think I need to see what goss I'm missing out on! ;)

CC

That's sad that you felt like that. Luckily I am one of 2 so don't have that middle child issue! I'm the eldest but my bro and I are SO different, there weren't many comparisons made...!

I'm glad you don't feel you missed out by not having babies. I wonder if that is because it was something you chose? (Not asking you to disclose that!) Or if it's something that comes with age?

I don't have children (although I do have a fur baby..!) - NOT by choice at ALL! - and although there is still time in theory, it's vv unlikely. But no idea how one gets to the point of feeling it's not an agonising loss?!

Sorry if getting a bit deep!

Yes same here. A bungalow on the street at the back of us was given permission for an extension. The next thing the whole thing had been knocked down and footings were down up to all boundaries. The building was halted and they put in retrospective planning application in and it was granted!!!They had also fallen foul of Health and Safety as the site wasn't fenced off.

My next door neighbours (I'm in a mid terrace so attached to them as well as other side!) had a big old extension built summer before last. It managed to take about 18 months somehow!
It was allowed under "permitted development" rules, so there was little I could do to comment on it, let alone stop it. :(

They had had a flat roof tiny extension beforehand which was demolished, and new one is allegedly still single storey but with massive high ceiling so it manages to block all of my light/sky. Plus I get all their noise and kitchen stinks through the oven hood vent which blows right in to my garden...

But I'm not bitter about the whole experience at all! ;)

Oh, I thought it was going to be an unusual colour. Hardly worth mentioning she’s going to wear cream! (Her mentioning it I mean, not you telling us! I like all the updates.)

Omg it's barely even a colour ;) I was also expecting the answer to be fuchsia or teal or something interesting! Maybe she'll wear a bright bikini underneath the cream boringness?!

Latest posts

Back