JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'Clobbered' with a broom is so funny, thanks V.

Wish someone would do that to the chav/geezer (latter is ihoo) type who I suspect is dealing in my street!

He's really got my back up. He has 5 vehicles between him & his g.f & there is only on street parking in my street, & so he rather hogs it (between him & all the feckin commuters using my street as a feckin park & ride) I really want to have an even bigger moan, but feel that this is the wrong place to do it..... Btw, I don't live in Bandit County or anything (not that it matters of course)

Last edited:

Wish someone would do that to the chav/geezer (latter is ihoo) type who I suspect is dealing in my street!

He's really got my back up. He has 5 vehicles between him & his g.f & there is only on street parking in my street, & so he rather hogs it (between him & all the feckin commuters using my street as a feckin park & ride) I really want to have an even bigger moan, but feel that this is the wrong place to do it..... Btw, I don't live in Bandit County or anything (not that it matters of course)
We don’t have anyone with five vehicles in our street but do have problems with parking mainly because there are several two car families and no off road parking. What niggles are the people who don’t consider the elderly and infirm and leave vehicles outside their homes for days on end.

We used to have a parking problem due to being near our hospital but a lot is now resident parking so that has eased. Had a spate of burglaries,mainly Asian houses due to them mainly keeping jewellery in their houses. 3kg was taken from at least one house. People were threatened with pick axe handles and the majority were during the day,everyone is paranoid now about strange vehicles. Only bugbear now is houses being extended to triple their size in some streets and noise from the building sites.

We used to have a parking problem due to being near our hospital but a lot is now resident parking so that has eased. Had a spate of burglaries,mainly Asian houses due to them mainly keeping jewellery in their houses. 3kg was taken from at least one house. People were threatened with pick axe handles and the majority were during the day,everyone is paranoid now about strange vehicles. Only bugbear now is houses being extended to triple their size in some streets and noise from the building sites.

At least with planning, you can look out for the planning docs & oppose them, but I wouldn't like that either. Having 5 vehicles in one family of 2 adults is massively taking the piss - 2 of them are vans - 1 is a camper van style holiday van!!!
Plus everyone parks in my street to walk to town....
There is more to this selfish individual but best not say. Grrrrrrr

We all have a garage and a drive which takes 2 average cars yet the residents still park on the footpath. Not just tucked in for the odd day to accommodate a delivery or mowing the grass but very bliddy day and several parked 100% on the footpath.

Really gets on my wick and I’m known to mutter “what concept of the word FOOTpath do you not understand.

And don’t get me started on dog dirt left by lazy ******* dog walkers.

We live directly across from a large primary school with an adjoining nursery and the number of cars in the street is ridiculous. There are zig zag lines in front of the school itself so everybody pulls up on our side of the road. They block our driveway, double park, leave their cars, and because the school only has parking inside its grounds for around 6 cars then some cars are parked outside our house for the whole day.
Parents evenings, sports days, Christmas concerts etc and the whole street turns into a nightmare.
It all begins around 8am when teachers and staff arrive and park up and then parents arrive from around 8.45m to drop kids off at either the school or the morning nursery class and then the morning nursery class finishes around 12pm but then the afternoon nursery class arrives and then around 3.15pm the parents come to collect their schoolkids plus the afternoon nursery class and so on.
We also get huge delivery lorries from Brakes wholesalers blocking the street whilst dropping deliveries at the school and then Council vans block the street when they come to mow the school grounds or do maintenance and not to mention those parents who actually come on foot but leave behind their cig butts or doggy mess and I`ve seen parents put their kids in the car and then chuck leftover rubbish from lunch boxes or crisp packets etc from their car windows.
I love school holiday times because its the only time the street is peaceful and clean and hubby can actually arrive home around 3pm and get his car onto the drive without facing abuse from some selfish B who`se blocked the drive and dislikes being asked to move.

And don’t get me started on dog dirt left by lazy ******* dog walkers.

Anyone who leaves dog dirt on a pavement or where people walk or kids play should be made to eat it. I'm a dog owner and it's just an automatic thing to pick it up and bin it. People that don't are plain selfish, lazy and inconsiderate. When I lived in the city you couldn't move for cack on the pavements, interestingly now I'm rural there seem to be more dogs but hardly any poo. Less people to own dogs I suppose.

CC

Vienna, what a spellbinding and moving story. I hope you have written all that information down so your descendants know what their relations endured. Thank you for sharing it with us.

At least with planning, you can look out for the planning docs & oppose them, but I wouldn't like that either. Having 5 vehicles in one family of 2 adults is massively taking the piss - 2 of them are vans - 1 is a camper van style holiday van!!!
Plus everyone parks in my street to walk to town....
There is more to this selfish individual but best not say. Grrrrrrr

We've opposed planning permission twice - with valid concerns. Permission was given for both.

We've opposed planning permission twice - with valid concerns. Permission was given for both.

Yes same here. A bungalow on the street at the back of us was given permission for an extension. The next thing the whole thing had been knocked down and footings were down up to all boundaries. The building was halted and they put in retrospective planning application in and it was granted!!!They had also fallen foul of Health and Safety as the site wasn't fenced off.

We live directly across from a large primary school with an adjoining nursery and the number of cars in the street is ridiculous. There are zig zag lines in front of the school itself so everybody pulls up on our side of the road. They block our driveway, double park, leave their cars, and because the school only has parking inside its grounds for around 6 cars then some cars are parked outside our house for the whole day.
Parents evenings, sports days, Christmas concerts etc and the whole street turns into a nightmare.
It all begins around 8am when teachers and staff arrive and park up and then parents arrive from around 8.45m to drop kids off at either the school or the morning nursery class and then the morning nursery class finishes around 12pm but then the afternoon nursery class arrives and then around 3.15pm the parents come to collect their schoolkids plus the afternoon nursery class and so on.
We also get huge delivery lorries from Brakes wholesalers blocking the street whilst dropping deliveries at the school and then Council vans block the street when they come to mow the school grounds or do maintenance and not to mention those parents who actually come on foot but leave behind their cig butts or doggy mess and I`ve seen parents put their kids in the car and then chuck leftover rubbish from lunch boxes or crisp packets etc from their car windows.
I love school holiday times because its the only time the street is peaceful and clean and hubby can actually arrive home around 3pm and get his car onto the drive without facing abuse from some selfish B who`se blocked the drive and dislikes being asked to move.

I'd block them in walk off and leave the car blocking the road.

I've had QVC on in the background and JR is presenting a diamonique show with Alison O'Reilly. I've lost count of how many times she's mentioned her engagement ring, the wedding, plus the date, her birthday and she's even managed to drop in a reference to the colour of her wedding dress, in the first hour. She said she hasn't got the wedding rings yet which prompted AR to say they must get together some time.

You'd think that no one else in the world has ever got married or had a birthday. Recently it's like having a diva selling goods on the TV. Surely there is nothing in their contracts that states "you must bore the viewers with tales about your life so that they're numbed into buying stuff they don't want" or is there?

I've had QVC on in the background and JR is presenting a diamonique show with Alison O'Reilly. I've lost count of how many times she's mentioned her engagement ring, the wedding, plus the date, her birthday and she's even managed to drop in a reference to the colour of her wedding dress, in the first hour. She said she hasn't got the wedding rings yet which prompted AR to say they must get together some time.

You'd think that no one else in the world has ever got married or had a birthday. Recently it's like having a diva selling goods on the TV. Surely there is nothing in their contracts that states "you must bore the viewers with tales about your life so that they're numbed into buying stuff they don't want" or is there?

:mysmilie_490:

I saw a clip of Julia from a recent Liz Earle hour & couldn't understand why she kept saying that she didn't have any words left in her head. Then the penny dropped, of course she's just finished writing a book. Talk about fishing for compliments.

Which is??

She said cream, but who knows.

Alison also suggested she could wear a bikini, as it's a beach wedding. Julia said "absolutely not."

Did she also not say Kevin Peter Pietersen MBE the former English cricketer, lived in the same lane as her in Ascot?

Latest posts

Back