SALE20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well done! I’m pleased to see QVC recognise a good customer in this way and are not too short-sighted to realise their giving a small discount makes a big difference to the customer and could well influence whether or not they purchase from Q again.

I’m still thinking about it now I know I would not be paying more than I would have paid yesterday because the code wouldn’t have worked anyway.
I've sent you a private message.

for me its very clearly labeled & acutally very easy to tell but thats just from my point of view
That's fair enough SCW, but a couple of people didn't notice. Nothing is foolproof, but imo they should use a different coloured font for the different types of offer to help prevent this sort of confusion happening again, thus saving the customer from disappointment and extra work for them. Veering off at a tangent OH was given a voucher for a free product at Lidl but it had to be a certain brand, he selected a large dessert which was priced at about a fiver and when he got home he realised that because the cheap yoghurt he'd bought happened to be that brand too he got that free instead - D'oh!!!

That's fair enough SCW, but a couple of people didn't notice. Nothing is foolproof, but imo they should use a different coloured font for the different types of offer to help prevent this sort of confusion happening again, thus saving the customer from disappointment and extra work for them. Veering off at a tangent OH was given a voucher for a free product at Lidl but it had to be a certain brand, he selected a large dessert which was priced at about a fiver and when he got home he realised that because the cheap yoghurt he'd bought happened to be that brand too he got that free instead - D'oh!!!
Oh, I got caught out by a similar Lidl promotion (bakery) but it wasn’t as costly a mistake (free roll instead of free loaf). I am aware of it now and either make sure I only buy the one item in the range, or pay in separate transactions at the self-service till.

Oh, I got caught out by a similar Lidl promotion (bakery) but it wasn’t as costly a mistake (free roll instead of free loaf). I am aware of it now and either make sure I only buy the one item in the range, or pay in separate transactions at the self-service till.
Does your Lidl have a self-service till? None of my local stores do. But I use self-SCAN in Tesco, I love it.

Of course in Lidl we have the "opening a new till fiasco" when you have been waiting in a queue for ages, then all the people behind you rush to the new till.

Alternatively, you manage to get to the new till, but the operator doesn't appear for 5 minutes, so you would have been quicker staying where you were!

That one seemed to have gone astray, repeated it, pls let me know if you rec'd it, but I'm off to bed now

PS I may have been sending them to myself, somehow!!!!

Haha! That's the kind of thing I do.

I'm not on SM. Not because I think it's the work of the devil but because I just don't get it. My niece tells me I'm "like a dick" with tech. But I try. I'm told that's the important thing (but not by my niece).

Does your Lidl have a self-service till? None of my local stores do. But I use self-SCAN in Tesco, I love it.

Of course in Lidl we have the "opening a new till fiasco" when you have been waiting in a queue for ages, then all the people behind you rush to the new till.

Alternatively, you manage to get to the new till, but the operator doesn't appear for 5 minutes, so you would have been quicker staying where you were!
Yes, my Lidl, which is only medium sized I think (I have only ever shopped in this branch so can’t really compare), has 8 self-service tills and I think it’s 5 tills with a human, although I’ve only ever seen 1-3 manned and usually when I go in (mostly evenings) they’re all closed. As a result, I suppose, the queue for the self-service ones can be quite long but it moves fairly quickly and most don’t have huge amounts to scan.

The various shops all seem to have a slightly different system on the self-scan tills. Some are quite intuitive and others question nearly everything you scan. My Waitrose is weird - there’s no weighing platform for your scanned items, just a shelf, so it would be easy to cheat/steal.

Don’t get me started on people behind you in queues running over to tills about to open. This is another of my (many!) obsessions with fairness! I have been known to shame the offenders by pointing out who should go in front of them because they were waiting longer. I have also been in supermarkets when a supervisor has come over and sort of guided someone nearer the front of the queue to the opening till and they monitor who else joins. Very civilised!

Here ends my monologue on the ups and downs of shopping. Embarrassing that I think about it in such depth!

Yes, my Lidl, which is only medium sized I think (I have only ever shopped in this branch so can’t really compare), has 8 self-service tills and I think it’s 5 tills with a human, although I’ve only ever seen 1-3 manned and usually when I go in (mostly evenings) they’re all closed. As a result, I suppose, the queue for the self-service ones can be quite long but it moves fairly quickly and most don’t have huge amounts to scan.

The various shops all seem to have a slightly different system on the self-scan tills. Some are quite intuitive and others question nearly everything you scan. My Waitrose is weird - there’s no weighing platform for your scanned items, just a shelf, so it would be easy to cheat/steal.

Don’t get me started on people behind you in queues running over to tills about to open. This is another of my (many!) obsessions with fairness! I have been known to shame the offenders by pointing out who should go in front of them because they were waiting longer. I have also been in supermarkets when a supervisor has come over and sort of guided someone nearer the front of the queue to the opening till and they monitor who else joins. Very civilised!

Here ends my monologue on the ups and downs of shopping. Embarrassing that I think about it in such depth!
In case anyone doesn't know, self-SCANNING is where you have your own hand-scanner that you take around the shop with you, and scan items as you put them into your trolley.

In my case, I use my OWN shopping trolley, so there is no unloading and reloading of trolleys. And I've never yet had to queue to pay for my self-scanned items, I just point the scannner at the machine and tap my credit card, and that's it!

I thought my Lidl was a rasonable size, but we only have 6 checkouts (and normally only 1 or 2 are open) and NO self-service tills at all.

The self-scanner keeps a list of all your items on its screen (about the size of a smartphone), shows the quantity of each item and its price, keeps a running total of items and the total bill, and if you buy 2 items (for example) it will tell you that you can have a 3rd free if there is a 3 for 2 offer which you may not have noticed. And if you decide you don't want an item, you can put it back and delete it.

We use selfscan in Waitrose. But I can guarantee if it's the one day we're in a hurry to get finished and get home that'll be the day we're picked at random to be checked and everything has to be redone and put on the check out belt.
At Tesco the checks are very rare and they only check about 3 items, so no unloading is involved.

Waitrose is too posh to come to Plymouth, even though the population is over 1/4 million!

BTW I've always thought your name was Ma Daunty lol.

I bought the LnL set as well, even though I've got loads, but often I can't find the right shape or size in my stash. And I use them for so many things, not just food, but tools, gadgets, nick-nacks etc. Also to pack various things in my luggage so my case is well organised, and fragile items like my ipad are well protected. These look like different shapes to my existing ones (to make them stackable) so they should be useful.

I couldn't use the SALE20 code so I rang up CS to find out why, which was explained to me (it doesn't apply to feature prices, which is just a stupid rule IMO) but I did end up with a gesture of goodwill.

Again, this was a fairly late night purchase.

I am surprised that all the colours are still in stock.
Well I blame you *entirely* for luring me into the Lock n Lock deal and thinking it was in clearance (JOKE!), so maybe I should’ve called CS and told them on you!! 😉🤣

I actually didn’t think CS would be open on bank holiday, hence I didn’t even try to call them to haggle!

Well done you, though!

I still maintain it wasn’t a feature price when I bought it, bc I found it by clicking on the clearance section..

But maybe it was included wrongly or maybe I just got muddled?!

Still tempted by think my carer may kill me - my Tupperware drawer is a nightmare - and mum said yesterday she’s not got enough…!

for me its very clearly labeled & acutally very easy to tell but thats just from my point of view
Well that’s bc you’re very familiar with the QVC website and set up…

I hardly go on it, rarely purchase and can’t watch it on TV anymore, so am not up on the what a big deal is vs a one time only vs a feature price etc etc.

And what is and isn’t included and when etc!

Wish they could do a guide!

Or maybe you could one day! I know you’ve got loads of spare time LOL (not!) x

Oops didn’t see this post before I’ve just said similar about offers - the colours is a great idea!

After saying I got EZ pays and the 20% discount on a product, I noticed today that QVC had applied the discount but taken the whole amount at one go. It was a frivolous purchase which I only made because I thought I was getting both (it did say that at the checkout) but needless to say Q's offers aren't really that good after all.

CC

How is a “feature price” FAR from a sale price?!

It’s just one of QVC’s random made-up categories of offer!
The LnLs are no longer a "Feature price" but are now a "Special price" so even more confusing, and all colours are still in stock.
Why can’t they just have TSVs and the other time-specific deals with week and month in the name, OTOs for very short term, snap-it-up quick type items, then Clearance/Sale/Outlet for all the rest? Complication is the name of the game down in Chiswick.

Speaking of which, I read that the QVC studios are up for sale. Their lease on the premises runs till 2033 so they must have been confident when they signed that in 2012. Their pre-tax profits for 2022 were down 78%, though - I’ve just posted a separate thread about that. Apologies if these things been mentioned on here. I don’t always keep up with the forum.

Now it has BOTH prices !!

You couldn't make it up.

How will SCW defend this?

Screenshot (2447)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (2448)_LI.jpg

Latest posts

Back