Decleor TSV 9/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't had much time to watch yet today.But I did have it on in the background whilst getting ready to go out.
I thought I heard Fiona say that the light version of the Hydra Floral was the original version.So I am assuming the rich is a new version.
I always liked the Hydra Floral but it wasn't rich enough for my very dry skin,fine for summer but not winter.
So is the light the original one?
And also when did the rich one come out,and has anyone tried it?
Thanks

I haven't had much time to watch yet today.But I did have it on in the background whilst getting ready to go out.
I thought I heard Fiona say that the light version of the Hydra Floral was the original version.So I am assuming the rich is a new version.
I always liked the Hydra Floral but it wasn't rich enough for my very dry skin,fine for summer but not winter.
So is the light the original one?
And also when did the rich one come out,and has anyone tried it?
Thanks

Yes, you're correct. The light version is the original.
Sorry, I'm not sure when the rich version was released.

Just a reminder for those who want to know - Decleor is not cruelty-free.

A woman called in to the 2pm hour.AY asked her if she'd ordered the TSV & the caller said she'd been sent it to test & how much she'd loved it.
I've heard people call in the past about having tested a beauty TSV. How do they manage to get sent them?

Would this be a good prezzie for my mum? (she's 55)

or are there better beauty/wrinkle cream TSV's coming up?

welcome Rachael :hi:. I too would go for the Elemis Tsv on the 17th . much better value for money and gives her a better choice of products IMO.

A woman called in to the 2pm hour.AY asked her if she'd ordered the TSV & the caller said she'd been sent it to test & how much she'd loved it. I've heard people call in the past about having tested a beauty TSV. How do they manage to get sent them?

They have a customer testing panel. Someone tweeted asking how to get on the panel on a show recently and they were told to email Customer Care. Doubtless you'll only be chosen if you spend an obscene amount of money on beauty products, and I've seen posts on other forums showing that some women spend thousands on beauty items with Q every year.

Very poor Xmas tsv IMO, its almost like Decleor know they cant compete with the Elemis tsv so they have just thrown this one together , I can see it hanging around at an "introductory" price for months to come, unless they were sensible and didn't order many.

Couldn't be bothered to get off the sofa and go to bed last night, so started watching the TSV. After the 51st "absoloootly incredubble!" from Fiona, and the 101st "Oh, innnteresting" from JF I couldn't stand it any more.

"This cream is absoloootly incredubble!" . . . . . "Oh, innnteresting".

I was disappointed by this tsv for crimbo. Would have thought they would have done one with choices for skin types and perhaps half a dozen items, even in smaller sizes, for this time of year. Reckon people might try the range more, not to mention be able to gift more items to the bin man/person, bus driver, everyone at your child's school etc, etc

Just a reminder for those who want to know - Decleor is not cruelty-free.

Scout you seem to be in the know....what about Elemis? I know they state that they don't test on animals, but that likely means that their ingredients are, just not the finished item....any idea?

Scout you seem to be in the know....what about Elemis? I know they state that they don't test on animals, but that likely means that their ingredients are, just not the finished item....any idea?

Think Decleor states the same.

You're absolutely right Minxy, Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau etc. are all the same. They're very careful how they word their statements, usually saying something like "Elemis products are not tested on animals", and the statement is true because the law prevents them testing the finished products. The ingredients are another matter though, and if you ask them if their ingredients are cruelty-free they usually decline to clarify. I emailed Elemis about it and they tried to wriggle away from the truth by replying that "none of their ingredients are tested on animals by or for Elemis". I responded saying that doesn't mean they're not knowingly buying ingredients that are being animal tested by or for another skincare company, and could they please give me a straight answer to the straight question "Do you use ingredients derived from animals or that have been tested on animals?" - they didn't reply. I've emailed all the major skincare companies that use clever words to suggest they're cruelty-free, and they just don't answer when you pin them down.

Neither Decleor nor Elemis are accredited by Cruelty-Free International, which is the internationally acknowledged monitor and the main guide I use.

If you're interested, take a look at http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/

Very poor Xmas tsv IMO, its almost like Decleor know they cant compete with the Elemis tsv so they have just thrown this one together , I can see it hanging around at an "introductory" price for months to come, unless they were sensible and didn't order many.

I think it is good if you use all the items though, like I do - so I got one. It doesn't have that element of a jolly treat which you associate with Xmas but as regular user of all four items I think it is OK as a top up purchase. The Elemis one looks better as an Xmas gift cos there is a lot of variety but I wonder how the value works out given the sizes which may be a bit small (????or perhaps they aren't, I can't really tell).

I think it is good if you use all the items though, like I do - so I got one. It doesn't have that element of a jolly treat which you associate with Xmas but as regular user of all four items I think it is OK as a top up purchase. The Elemis one looks better as an Xmas gift cos there is a lot of variety but I wonder how the value works out given the sizes which may be a bit small (????or perhaps they aren't, I can't really tell).

True the elemis has the pcmc 30mls which is £50 alone and the new milk bath which is £29 that's without the full size shower cream worth over £20 and the half size oil and 30g cleanser plus the small size flash balm, so the tsv of £40 is pretty great value for money IMO.

"While some products carry labels claiming that their brand is ‘not tested on animals’ or is ‘against animal testing’, these are often confusing and do not guarantee that the product is actually free from animal testing. Only the Leaping Bunny can provide peace of mind.

Products bearing the Leaping Bunny mark are certified ‘cruelty free’ under the internationally-recognised Humane Cosmetics or Humane Household Products Standards.

These rigorous standards stipulate that no animal testing is conducted or commissioned for finished products or ingredients in any phase of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date."

From the go cruelty free website. For these reasons I don't trust claims made by any company regarding animal testing, unless they have been certified. I think to retain their certification companies are periodically audited to ensure compliance.

I don't trust Emma Hardie because over a year ago I asked them if they were certified and the response was that they were currently going through the certification process, yet they're still not certified so I think they were just telling me what I wanted to hear. I don't believe it would take over a year to become certified.

Latest posts

Back