Australian Bodycare TSV 21/12/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's ok being squeaky clean but I can't have it striping her skin. she has just taken 6 months to get over the last bout in her leg, it's been really tough, she had to have it bound up to three times a week. She has been so lucky her get didn't get an ulcer. It all stemmed from a bang on her leg as she dropped a plate! She hasn't been able to shower or bathe for 6 months bless her and has been having strip washes. She's nervous about showering now and what she uses. I just thought this might be a good choice and it's medicinal properties might make her more confident.

We don't find it strips the skin, for many years it was the only thing my son with eczema could use other than emollients we got on prescription.

It's ok being squeaky clean but I can't have it striping her skin. she has just taken 6 months to get over the last bout in her leg, it's been really tough, she had to have it bound up to three times a week. She has been so lucky her get didn't get an ulcer. It all stemmed from a bang on her leg as she dropped a plate! She hasn't been able to shower or bathe for 6 months bless her and has been having strip washes. She's nervous about showering now and what she uses. I just thought this might be a good choice and it's medicinal properties might make her more confident.
What advice re showering and safe products has she been given by her doctor?

I use this every day. Normally I avoid sodium laureth sulfate, because it can be drying. However my experience with the skinwash is that it is gentle and nonirritating and not at all drying. That is my experience, but it might not be true for everyone. If you do try it you absolutely must patch test.

Do you reckon this would be good for someone who gets cellulitis

Cellulitis is an infection of the deeper layers of the skin, so superficial topical applications will do little to treat the root cause. But, it may cause some relief from discomfort or itching, however it may be too drying and exacerbate problems with dry/cracked skins.

Whilst many find tea tree oil a wonder cure or it gives them partial relief, there is no evidence base for its use. I do think it is fairly irresponsibly sold on QVC as this "natural cure for all ills". (Again, that's not to say some people don't find it useful, but just because something is natural it doesn't make it better than a man made product)

Last edited:
What advice re showering and safe products has she been given by her doctor?

Depends who she sees, one says she has cellulitis, then another says she hasn't and around they go around again and again, one says use Aqueous cream, the others don't because it thins the skin. She has had a terrible time the last 6 months, they haven't advised what to use only cream to moisturise which is on px.

Big fan of ABC skin wash especially in the summer. My skin is really dry and sensitive atm with weekly chemo so I use this and then any good moisturiser afterwards. I have to moisturise a few times a day so E45, Decleor System Corps and L'Occitane foot cream are my weapon of choice along with Aldi Caviar night cream on my fizzog.

Big fan of ABC skin wash especially in the summer. My skin is really dry and sensitive atm with weekly chemo so I use this and then any good moisturiser afterwards. I have to moisturise a few times a day so E45, Decleor System Corps and L'Occitane foot cream are my weapon of choice along with Aldi Caviar night cream on my fizzog.

I can recommend the L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich body cream, as it's really moisturising and the shea is soothing on the skin.

http://www.escentual.com/loccitane/shea-butter/loccitane00024/

Also found Doublebase Gel really good when I had some dry and itchy skin on my back on the one area I can't reach to moisturise! It's good for dry, chapped, itchy or inflamed skin, eczema, dermatitis etc. You can get it in the Chemist.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/doublebase-hydrating-gel-pump/prd-hqs

All the best with the rest of your treatment. Hope you have a lovely Christmas, and enjoy improved health in the coming year. xx

I can recommend the L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich body cream, as it's really moisturising and the shea is soothing on the skin.

http://www.escentual.com/loccitane/shea-butter/loccitane00024/

Also found Doublebase Gel really good when I had some dry and itchy skin on my back on the one area I can't reach to moisturise! It's good for dry, chapped, itchy or inflamed skin, eczema, dermatitis etc. You can get it in the Chemist.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/doublebase-hydrating-gel-pump/prd-hqs

All the best with the rest of your treatment. Hope you have a lovely Christmas, and enjoy improved health in the coming year. xx

sbc honey body cream is fantastic one of the first ingredients is shea butter and you need a knife to cut it out of the huge vfm tub...i love l'occitane but i think this tips the scales

Sorry to hear your are unwell OFJ, hope you have a swift & full recovery xx

I love the L'Occitane foot cream! Decleor also do a richer Systeme Corps, it says Nourishing on bottle not Moisturising, Q very rarely have it in their sets, I tend to buy it from www.allbeauty.com so might be worth trying if you skin is much dryer at mo! *hugs*

Good to hear from you, but sorry you're having to have chemo.

One of my friends really loved using the LizEarle body lotion while having chemo. If you get sensitivity to smells there is also Green Things unperfumed body lotion which is very good.

I'm another fan of the L'Occitane foot cream, but for daytime I recommend Soap &Glory Heel Genius, as it doesn't leave your feet slippy.

all the best oscarfelixjake my sister has had to have chemo and i was right next every time gentle hugs to you x

Latest posts

Back