JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree on Vonda’s dress but what about DF? Awful, awful look. She has no concept of what suits her. She must look in the mirror and see 5’10” and a size 8. I wonder why she always stands in that very stiff manner as if wearing a suit of armour or chain mail? What’s that all about? That and the fixed faux smile.......

Only 5? You are very charitable :mysmilie_11:

I totally agree that if it isn’t acceptable in a male it isn’t acceptable in a female. JF’s attitude to young male floor staff wouldn’t be tolerated if it was Onion Bajii/mecharlie etc there would be an outcry.

Unfortunately I think the production and back room staff live in a sound bite/selfie/me me me world and just don’t have the common sense to nip this type of behaviour in the bud rather they encourage it anD in an effort to keep up with the sweet young things the middle aged women feel the need act like them thus making total tits of themselves.

What was I thinking? 5? On reflection at least 12 and that is being kind!

I just love this forum. Drinking my Latte Macchiato and having a laugh brightens up this b****awful weather. I blame my hubby as he said we needed rain.:mysmilie_480:

I agree on Vonda’s dress but what about DF? Awful, awful look. She has no concept of what suits her. She must look in the mirror and see 5’10” and a size 8. I wonder why she always stands in that very stiff manner as if wearing a suit of armour or chain mail? What’s that all about? That and the fixed faux smile.......

She wears armour plated shape wear.

What is the general view on sneakers with dresses? Tall, slim and young can pull it off otherwise it looks frumpy so I’ll put them back in the cupboard. Maybe that comes from a working life of formal clothes, I find it quite difficult to dress down except around house and garden when I resemble a refugee from a charity shop wearing anything past its best.

This is how Julia used to regularly dress to present special jewellery hours

C80FB6E0-8160-4E45-A576-A4995CC6886F.jpg

I agree with every word & wrote the following on the New Phrases thread:
'For the TSV launch the dratted Vonda's in the dress that didn't do Queen Julia any favours & her hair looks awful, so maybe JR's her style icon. As for the market trader she's in a vile tunic thing & dark jeans that are rolled up, presumably to see the shoes, either that or she's had to walk through a flood. I'm very sad & have found the 'vile tunic thing' in Natural Multi.'
https://www.qvcuk.com/Kim-&-Co-Pri...9.html?sc=PSCH

This is how Julia used to regularly dress to present special jewellery hours

View attachment 17363

She's in a personal time warp & thinks she still looks like this. I've promised myself I'll not read the blogs again, then have a good laugh on here & go back to them. This week's missive is all about her book & her birthday, she's even shown the card from her fiance, by the way it's the one I bought our older daughter & it's appropriate for her.

She's in a personal time warp & thinks she still looks like this. I've promised myself I'll not read the blogs again, then have a good laugh on here & go back to them. This week's missive is all about her book & her birthday, she's even shown the card from her fiance, by the way it's the one I bought our older daughter & it's appropriate for her.

Following your recommendation :mysmilie_19:
I took a look talk about me, myself and I :mysmilie_10:
Oh and that’s a shorter than normal one too
We are in for a mega issue next week :mysmilie_3:

What is the general view on sneakers with dresses? Tall, slim and young can pull it off otherwise it looks frumpy so I’ll put them back in the cupboard. Maybe that comes from a working life of formal clothes, I find it quite difficult to dress down except around house and garden when I resemble a refugee from a charity shop wearing anything past its best.

I think trainers/sneakers/gym shoes all belong with exercise clothing. At 60 I'm too old for that look & wouldn't have worn it even when younger. When they all go in raptures over the sports shoe/maxi combo the footwear is pristine, a few weeks of wear & those blindingly white soles will be dingy & the look won't be so fresh, on trend, runway etc. The concept of dressing down, & not looking like a bag lady, is something I think many British women find hard to achieve. I love the way Americans 'do' smart casual & saw a woman recently who'd nailed that look, I'd have told her how good she looked if it hadn't been for my sister dragging me away saying I sounded dodgy.

Pipa looked lovely in a Kim dress today until she showed us her blue trainers under it. Just why???

You might get away with it under 20. Anyone else. No way it just looks ****.

CC

Pipa looked lovely in a Kim dress today until she showed us her blue trainers under it. Just why???

You might get away with it under 20. Anyone else. No way it just looks ****.

CC

I agree CC I am the same when you see girls in short flippy dresses with Ugg boots and then there are the ones in jeggings much too tight, must be taking advice from JR.:mysmilie_17:

I agree CC I am the same when you see girls in short flippy dresses with Ugg boots and then there are the ones in jeggings much too tight, must be taking advice from JR.:mysmilie_17:

It’s some time ago but JR posted a photo of a family wedding and she was wearing the Emu boots that I am sure she must have paid a lot of money buying from QVC. Wonderful look, so please take advice from her. She has the cheek to present us each week with Julia’s Pick in fashion. Hilarious.

I'm 60 and do wear trainers but not chunky ones with skirts in the Summer...I personally wouldn't be seen dead in Skechers my kids wouldn't allow it!!
I wouldn't wear them with a maxi dress-but to be fair I don't really like Maxi dresses on me.

I tend not to follow trends too much though-I still wear Doc Martens :)

I've just seen a few minutes of Ali Keenan looking tanned, but not too bronzed, after her holiday. Her blonde bob suits her & even though white skinny leg trousers worn with one of those high-lo hem tunics isn't to everyone's taste she looks really smart. Sometimes she talks over the guests & I feel that I know everything about her family, however, she's the only female presenter who always looks well-presented. Queen Julia, take note that shorter & lighter hair is the way to go.

She was only in Portugal for a weekend thence the colour being 9 rather than 22 on the overtanned scale.

Now that she has got rid of the Jilly Cooper hairstyle she looks 100% better and even in Q creations looks well turned out.

However she constantly talked over Laurie Diamondwoman and by god that is some achievement.

If she stopped this, chucked the iPad and shut up about her family she would be an excellent presenter.

Pigs might fly.

She was only in Portugal for a weekend thence the colour being 9 rather than 22 on the overtanned scale.

Now that she has got rid of the Jilly Cooper hairstyle she looks 100% better and even in Q creations looks well turned out.

However she constantly talked over Laurie Diamondwoman and by god that is some achievement.

If she stopped this, chucked the iPad and shut up about her family she would be an excellent presenter.

Pigs might fly.

How lovely to go away somewhere sunny for a couple of days. We were in Rye a few years ago & instead of driving home Mr T parked at the railway station & said we were going to Paris for lunch. It was what my mum called a Magic Moment day.

How lovely to go away somewhere sunny for a couple of days. We were in Rye a few years ago & instead of driving home Mr T parked at the railway station & said we were going to Paris for lunch. It was what my mum called a Magic Moment day.

Oh how lovely. Mr L is lovely but hasn’t a spontaneous bone in his body - everything has to be organised like a military operation. He is a true Virgo. A little in his defence we live in the most dreadful place for transport so it sort of takes a load of planning to go anywhere.

Latest book launch was at the shades of grey Wentworth cottage, now that many have visited, the mansion myth is well and truly busted

Latest posts

Back