Ali Keenan Retirement

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish Ali a happy retirement too.
I can't put hand on heart and say she was a presenter I could watch for any length of time. I liked the tone of her voice but not her delivery. I always felt she would have been better suited as a brand ambassador rather than a presenter.

It took me about 5 seconds to adjust to retirement! Not that I didn’t like my job but after 42 years full time with its many ‘Ups’ but invariably awful ‘downs’ I felt I had done my bit.The relief of not ‘having to do’ is huge, the freedom.The one piece of advice I would give to a youngster get yourself set up financially.
Good luck and many happy days to Alison Keenan!
Exactly that! 😂😂😂. I must say I now wonder however I managed to fit everything in on top of working full time.

I too wish Ali a happy retirement. I cannot abide her breakneck speaking style (which she never used to have) but she always came across as a very classy presenter.

I think with her background in more mainstream, higher profile television, she probably, at times, felt the need to carry the presentation she was involved with. This, unfortunately, turned out to be at some points rather annoying, but I do think she did it with the best of intentions. I remember her on This Morning covering for Punch and Judy, and I was always impressed by her style of presenting on there.

The
Do we know when in May, wouldn’t mind watching her last show, to see what send off she gets, plus for old times sake

From FB:

There’s something I thought I should tell you…

After 23 years with QVC - half of my entire working life! - I’m going to retire. I’ll be leaving at the end of May with my last show on the 31st, but plenty of time between now and then to keep doing what I love and spending take with you! Thank you 😁 It’s been a blast but time to move into the next phase of my life ❤️

The

From FB:

There’s something I thought I should tell you…

After 23 years with QVC - half of my entire working life! - I’m going to retire. I’ll be leaving at the end of May with my last show on the 31st, but plenty of time between now and then to keep doing what I love and spending take with you! Thank you 😁 It’s been a blast but time to move into the next phase of my life ❤️
Thanks

Shes not my cup of tea tbh. Relatively good at chatting her way through QVC sales even if it is in tune to a runaway railway.

Not a favourite of mine, but I wish her wellness and happiness in her retirement.

Quite a good presenter, but someone who was always well dressed for the camera, and adapted to different styles as she matured, unlike some of the other mutton dressed as lamb presenters.

I can see there being quite a few changes which may happen all at once, as several of the presenters have similar ages and around the same age as Ali.

In the next year, I can see, Anne Dawson leaving, and another couple of years Jilly, who is older than she looks, Dale maybe too.

Julia, love the thought we will see the end of her after the 30 year celebrations, but she may stay for a few more years yet.

I think Jackie Kabler is very much the 'face' of QVC now - has all the main shows and is best mates with Ruth, who QVC love. Get the impression that they were banging on Catherine Huntley.

Would love to see Claire returning - I think some of the males on this forum would too.

I too wish Ali a long and healthy retirement. I have worked non-stop since the mid-eighties, with a few gaps for moving and job-hunting and being between temp assignments, but since finding my "niche" I have not been out of work, sometimes part-time due to lack of funding and at the moment a 4 day-ish week. I work from home so love the 30 second commute! I am very much considering what I intend to do post "official" retirement age. My work does involve knowing up to date regulations, so I think it will very much depend on if I (or my colleagues) think I can retain the new ones as they come along or do decent research to keep myself up to date!

Alison is one of the “old school” of QVC presenters who do their preparation before a show so can actually tell us what we need to know about the items.

Julia Roberts, Jilly Halliday and perhaps Dale Franklin are the same.
The older presenters are certainly streets ahead of the newer intake. I’ve just watched a Kipling hour with Rezzy (?) My God, what an annoying woman! Shrieking voice.She seemed to think that putting on a pair of sunglasses, with a Kipling bag on her arm, made her look like a superstar. She was strutting up and down, pointing her finger at an imaginary crowd shouting ‘call my agent!’ ‘get me a rose-ai!’ What an embarrassment!

Ali deserves the time to do what she wants out of the public eye. I know the light of exposure on Q is a mere tealight compared to the floodlight scrutiny on channels such as ITV. I hope nothing health-wise has prompted her decision, and that she can fully enjoy her freedom for a long, long time.
Her gallant approach to the trials and tribulations of cancer treatment really chimed with me. Her generosity of spirit on her Q blog for others going through the same or worse was lovely to see. She really seemed to foster a community spirit, focusing on others. Contrasted quite sharply with some colleagues who seemed to want a personal cult rather than a community. I don't know if Ali was able to keep it up with how buried the community stuff became.
On screen Ali always turns up looking presentable and polished, showing a lot more courtesy for the viewer than some colleagues in their Max Wall get-ups of leggings and tunics.
Yes, she has become a more and more frenetic gabbler, but at least tends to have a decent vocabulary and fewer of the stock catch-phrases many colleagues fall back on.
I used to enjoy when she did shows alone, usually for jewellery. And when she was on the Breast cancer care fundraiser shows you could see how much it meant to her.
All that is in the past, so another professional presenter exits the stage... who will be next?
Alison is definitely one of the more attractive presenters at QVC. Very down to earth and a real chatter box 20 to the dozen! Do easy to watch and listen too and always very professional never bragging about how she uses every product ( unlike the dreadful JF!!!)
Hope she enjoys the retirement she thoroughly deserves!

Do we know when in May, wouldn’t mind watching her last show, to see what send off she gets, plus for old times sake
I think it is the 31st May

Alison is definitely one of the more attractive presenters at QVC. Very down to earth and a real chatter box 20 to the dozen! Do easy to watch and listen too and always very professional never bragging about how she uses every product ( unlike the dreadful JF!!!)
Hope she enjoys the retirement she thoroughly deserves!
Sorry to see her go wish she would take JF with her.

Latest posts

Back