Alison ( I Live on a farm) Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s funny when they to anniversary shows, to look back and see how AY used to be, sitting there all prim and professional in her uniform. She used to be quite calm, the occasional fit of giggles which used to be hilarious as you really felt like she was breaking out and you could see the humorous side to her. Now she’s just hard sell, she thinks that shouting over everyone means everyone listens more but of course the more someone shouts, the more we tune out. When I lived in London I too would record the shows and watch the bits when she wasn’t talking!
I wish someone would transcribe an hour of AY and let her read it. I think she doesn’t even realises half the time what utter guff she spouts, she’s so used to it and she’s on autopilot for many of the shows as it’s the same products, same spiel hour after hour. Do QVC really think we’re impressed with pointless natter (and completely unsubstantiated too of course) about private appointments, ‘slebs being ushered in through the back door, having to have special flowers in their room, with only a certain bottled water available blah blah. WTF does that have to do with what’s IN a face cream? Or shower gel? How it will work on my skin etc?? For me all this talk of private appointments etc just makes the ‘sleb sound like a right tosser and put me right off the product! If they actually gave us information about the ingredients, smell etc we might just stay tuned.

I haven’t yet checked out shopping telly in Australia, I have a feeling though that it’ll be even worse!! 

I thinkit looks fun, RedT.... <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YdiHmDGSnro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flogging telescopes? I'd love to see that with JF presenting!

As for AY, I don't mind her, at least she can take the piddle out of herself. I think she's much better presenting on her own, seems calmer and tells what you want to know about the product with a bit of advice thrown in. With guests she always seems like an over excited puppy. I agree with RedT, linking a product to celbs puts me right off.

Well, she is the 'resident beauty expert' and as an expert you have to know more about the product than the person that created it. That means there's a lot to say and the guest just gets in the way!

haha! yes, the video more or less sums up what i'm expecting from Aussie shopping telly!! = )

Red T isn't Lee ex philosophy supposed to be on Australian shopping telly?

Ooh, no idea but I must investigate! We don't seem to have shopping channels on the telly at the moment, I assumed they would be on free to air tv but we don't have any. Needless to say the husband is relieved but of course I've just bought what I wanted from QVC (the last LG TSV), sent it to my sister in Ireland and had her forward it on haha!! :grin:

Tx

Latest posts

Back