Alpha H TSV 06/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CS seems to be a bit slowly these days. I still don't have an answer concerning the replacement Elemis cleansers which happen to be the same batch code as the set before.

Well, today I have, only to tell me my mail had been passed on to the Product Team.

If you got your emails from them, they should still say duo.

I think this is really disgraceful of QVC. If they can't competently manage to put things on the website, in particular when they're doing a special for BCC, they really shouldn't be doing it at all. It makes a mockery of their fundraiser, the charity, the brand and us consumers.

It’s not just the website that said 'duo', they were presenting it on BCC as a duo.

I just got the "we'll be in touch" email yesterday. It's a real shame that the item was sold for BCC because in the normal course of shopping with Q I'd be hectoring for an answer. But none of us want the charity to lose out. Equally if it's QVC's cock up I wouldn't want Alpha to shoulder the cost of many returns or partial refunds or whatever remedy QVC eventually offer us. Generally speaking it's the vendors who stand the loss of returns for items that can't be resold. Given both companies track records I'd suspect QVC made the mistake but most sets arrive from a supplier at the Q warehouse already boxed with contents and vendor's instruction sheets sealed in the boxes and so it may have been Alpha H's oversight. The last thing I want to do is return the single mask for a refund, particularly if it comes out of the BCC pot.

I just got the "we'll be in touch" email yesterday. It's a real shame that the item was sold for BCC because in the normal course of shopping with Q I'd be hectoring for an answer. But none of us want the charity to lose out. Equally if it's QVC's cock up I wouldn't want Alpha to shoulder the cost of many returns or partial refunds or whatever remedy QVC eventually offer us. Generally speaking it's the vendors who stand the loss of returns for items that can't be resold. Given both companies track records I'd suspect QVC made the mistake but most sets arrive from a supplier at the Q warehouse already boxed with contents and vendor's instruction sheets sealed in the boxes and so it may have been Alpha H's oversight. The last thing I want to do is return the single mask for a refund, particularly if it comes out of the BCC pot.

You've perfectly summed up the dilemma, I think! I've got mine, and yes, it's a single item... I will begin with an email to QVC before escalating... but as you say, with it being for charity, you don't want the charity to lose out on the donation.

I have to say, though, I really wished I'd videoed the brief appearance of the product on the night. It was definitely a duo.

They don't seem to get a BCC event right. I heard there was a similar fiasco on another BCC with L'Occitane hand cream if I remember correctly (and other two huge fiascos over the years).

I received a letter today saying that they were trying to phone me but there was no reply.
When I spoke to them last time they said ‘can we phone you’ and I said ‘I prefer email’ at which point they confirmed my email address.
Anyway, in this letter they said

Thanks for your recent enquiry. We’ve tried to give you a call but we haven’t been able to catch you.
We are looking into your query for you, it’s just taking us little longer than expected and we wanted too let you know that we’ll be in touch as soon as we have more information.
Thank you for your patience, we look forward to speaking to you very soon’

Just checked my account not showing as returned yet posted back Monday!
This episode is now making me think twice about ordering again, and I have been with them since the beginning!

Oh so, its finger pointing time at QVC and Alpha H over who got it wrong. I put the blame on QVC its was their graphics so its up to them to fix it.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in discussions between QVC and Alpha-H.

There is a single item packed in a box which has sufficient space for a second item. The product information slip from Alpha-H included says

Includes:
2x Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask 100ml

Soooo - either they were incorrectly packed by Alpha-H (either the tube or the slip), or QVC made a muck-up.... Which extended to presenting the product as a duo, originally photographing the product as a duo, and labelling and describing on the website that the product was a duo.
This continued with the email order confirmation... and the dispatch confirmation.

An all-round communications failure. Resulting in yet another sour experience from a BCC night. I don't think I'll bother even watching again, even if it seems there will be exceptional bargains to be had. It's not that it isn't a good price for one, but that's not what any of us thought we were buying and I do blame QVC for that. Who checks that products are correctly listed and described before going on their website and subsequently on air? Nobody, it would seem. Strange that QVC continue to neglect a core activity for their business model!

Someone posted about the masks on Q fb today , Q did the normal reply that it was a mistake etc, however someone else said they rang and spoke to a supervisor and they are sending another mask out , so if they can do it for one customer they can do it for everyone , so don't send them back and don't take no for an answer :) .

I got an email yesterday and not from CS but social media (???). I haven't replied yet

---

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your email regarding order 2838118, apologies for the delayed response.

We have looked into this, and can see a letter has been sent out via the post regarding your order.

Unfortunately, this item was advertised incorrectly, we apologise for any inconvenience caused here.

We do feel this item still represents excellent value for money, however if you would like to return back your item a pre-paid label has been sent out to you in the post in the meantime.

Once again we do hope you can accept our sincere apologies, and if there is anything else we can possibly do to help, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards

Rebecca Duffy
Social Media QVC UK

--

Double b*****ks imo, I'll call or email them tomorrow

Someone posted about the masks on Q fb today , Q did the normal reply that it was a mistake etc, however someone else said they rang and spoke to a supervisor and they are sending another mask out , so if they can do it for one customer they can do it for everyone , so don't send them back and don't take no for an answer :) .

That is unbelievably poor service that they will do it for some but not for others. It just proves that you have to fight for your rights with some retailers to get the correct outcome, QVC will always try and get away with it, whereas others swiftly sort out situations like this just as they should.

How disgraceful.
It certainly tells you a lot about a company when some people get a different customer service, all customers should be treated equally.

john lewis qvc is not. they dont want to lose a penny profit and it shows. its time, money and effort to return stuff and they dont ackowledge our time/inconvinience but they do thiers with sky high postage proving my point

I just received a return label for my "duo" so once again QVC isn't being consistent in it's handling of their cock up (ooo err missus!)

I'm really surprised at q's handling of this, especially if they are treating people differently on facebook. Someone needed to grasp the nettle in day one and just offer everyone affected a 50% refund. (100% and keep the product would be better customer relations but nobody seems to be in charge). Very poor publicity and service from such a retail giant.

I’ve just spoken to CS asking to send me another tube of mask, she went to check, then came back to say that they’ve made a mistake and this is still good value and if I’m not happy I can return it. I replied that the contract between QVC and I was that QVC sold me a duo and at the time of the contract I paid for the duo. I said that I’d like to keep the item and I started using it. She was having none of it and I said thank you for checking this for me, bye. I’m trying to cool down at the minute as she was having none of it. I tried to ask for a partial refund as well and the answer was a No. (I also emailed earlier this morning and shall see if they reply at some point).

Marina go back to them and state on their own Facebook page people are saying supervisors are authorizing the sending of a second tube. So if some are getting the other tube then everyone should.

Oh I would also drop into the conversation the contacting trading standards or Ofcom about false advertising of the offer.

Take no sh*t.

I have received the letter today with the prepaid label, but I have already sent mine back last week, but still not been acknowledged as yet on my account.

Latest posts

Back