Bidtv relaunch: the do's and don't

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I quite like Mark Ryes, I can watch him for more than 10mins... he seem to talk less gobbledygook than some of the others. :mysmilie_59:

I quite like Mark Ryes, I can watch him for more than 10mins... he seem to talk less gobbledygook than some of the others. :mysmilie_59:

He seems to be a very "like him or hate him" sort of presenter, but purely based on what we see in front of the camera he's notably better than the usual suspects*

*Disclaimer: I've not seen him as a presenter for many months and he may well eat small children for breakfast for all we know

do: close the channel down and stop transmitting; send all current presenters to China.
don't: reprise Sit-up Ltd

I am surprised no one asked this sir, but why do you disapprove of Mark Ryes?

Only a personal opinion but can't stand his presenting style, also a few years ago when members dared to comment about him he used to post under various fake names saying how wonderful he was, he was a continuity announcer at the time so his IP stood out a mile as he posted from work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Only a personal opinion but can't stand his presenting style, also a few years ago when members dared to comment about him he used to post under various fake names saying how wonderful he was, he was a continuity announcer at the time so his IP stood out a mile as he posted from work.

that is superb, superb. :mysmilie_14:

Only a personal opinion but can't stand his presenting style, also a few years ago when members dared to comment about him he used to post under various fake names saying how wonderful he was, he was a continuity announcer at the time so his IP stood out a mile as he posted from work. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As always Graham I totally respect your opinion and posting about yourself in fake names is sad but what is it about his presenting style you don't like? I find him one of the more honest presenters who doesn't shout and doesn't mind ribbing himself like when he calls himself pocket Mark. So many smaller men are touchy about their size and I find it refreshing. Always friendly on twitter too.

Please don't think I am dissing you, I am just curious :)

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

As always Graham I totally respect your opinion and posting about yourself in fake names is sad but what is it about his presenting style you don't like? I find him one of the more honest presenters who doesn't shout and doesn't mind ribbing himself like when he calls himself pocket Mark. So many smaller men are touchy about their size and I find it refreshing. Always friendly on twitter too.

Please don't think I am dissing you, I am just curious :)

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Really hard to put into words and it is just my personal opinion, suppose it starts with his voice, to me very annoying. If I am honest not watched more than 5 minutes of him for many a year.

Having said that I don't mind him keeping his job if they are willing to axe James Russell and Mike Mason.

Do have Jenny Topp modelling underwear. Do bring back Marina Berry modelling underwear. Do keep Peter Sherlock (not sure why he's such a hate figure on here) but for God's sake don't have him modelling underwear. Do bring back Lynn Taylor as a presenter but encourage her to model underwear if Jenny and Marina are off. Do keep Peter Simon! I mean come on, he's so bad he's good. Don't keep selling expensive ****.

Chad that's quite an opinion you have there and you're quite entitled to it! it made me laugh and I couldn't help but notice that you left Frumplestiltskin out of the underwear line up!
Schlock has become so disliked I think because he likes viewers to think he's their best friend but actually he doesn't give a stuff about viewers unless they're his favourites (who buy everything he sells and constantly brown nose him on FB) so, unless you're Dympna from Biggleswade or Kelly from Brentwood then you've got no chance
In short, he's very false and he also tells lies (re. skin care when he'd clearly had botox)

Only a personal opinion but can't stand his presenting style, also a few years ago when members dared to comment about him he used to post under various fake names saying how wonderful he was, he was a continuity announcer at the time so his IP stood out a mile as he posted from wor

Are his fake posts still here ? If so could you post a link?

oh my goodness, the guy must have an ego the size of a small planet!

Well that's fair enough.

I find him harmless in terms of recent presenting. Though I have no idea about presenter histories.

Well that's fair enough.

I find him harmless in terms of recent presenting. Though I have no idea about presenter histories.

What he did was a long time ago so it's something that he may not do nowadays/grown out of since then/regrets doing (but I don't know enough about his character apart from the odd anecdote to make an accurate judgement call relating to this, especially in the absence of an obvious apology). Certainly there are other presenters on that channel who I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley even if they would perhaps normally be perfectly fine in public off-camera.

Having said that I have personally encountered more than one complete idiot who works in the media (not on a shopping channel) and most presenters have sizeable egos as standard, so no change there :wink:

Latest posts

Back