Qvc Target Audience

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But isn't this image they portray in the adverts all part of the manipulation? Buying from QVC means we belong to this group of people who have immaculate large houses and plenty of money, showing Ethel in her one bedroom flat that could do with a lick of paint isn't really aspirational. I always assumed the promos were filmed in houses they hired for the purpose, you wouldn't fit a film crew in my kitchen!

Chloe often used to say that whatever it was she was selling would show how well off you are. She hasn't said it recently - maybe they've re-trained her out of letting their marketing ploy slip so easily. Their target is obviously those who want to improve their image by showing that they have pots of money, live in a big, super-clean house, wear trendy, expensive gear etc etc. In other words, people a world away from me. In a way, it's feeding off people's insecurities, but then that's sales for you: make people think they have a need they never knew existed.

Just out of interest when someone asks you where you got a Qvc item from, do you tell them its from Q or not?. Personally I tend to say I got it online and leave it at that. Close family and friends I will say I bought it from Qvc, however there still is abit of a snobbery regarding "Shopping tv".

The QVC target market is older adults, 50+ ABC1 with a high disposable income. Whenever they do adverts featuring "real customers" it's always some 55 year old called Sheila or Christine or Eunice who always seems to have a magnificent white kitchen with real granite worktops, fresh cut flowers and an expesive coffee machine. I wish they would show me in my 1970s teak veneer Fablon enhanced kitchenette with an Asda smartprice sponge and some washing up liquid from the Pound shop!

Oh I love it Julius!! You are so right about the showhouse kitchens they show - never with any clutter anywhere!

I don't mind telling people I've had beauty products from Q,but never admit if it's jewellery.
Lynn

Latest posts

Back