Christmas candles/Yankee Burning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got Holiday Hearth and Twinkling Lights on the go from the earlier TSV (both gorgeous) as well as Christmas Morning Punch from last year - love me an Xmas candle 😍 have also got Harry Slatkin's White Birch plugin going in the hall 🤩

I only use wax melts now and I'm absolutely loving the new Yankee 'Letters to Santa'. One of the best festive scents they've ever done in my humble opinion.
I also love Yankees Christmas Memories an I have a couple of tarts left in stock, but I believe it has been discontinued now so might take me a few years to actually start on them. Ridiculous I know, but that's what I'm like.

I only use wax melts now and I'm absolutely loving the new Yankee 'Letters to Santa'. One of the best festive scents they've ever done in my humble opinion.
I also love Yankees Christmas Memories an I have a couple of tarts left in stock, but I believe it has been discontinued now so might take me a few years to actually start on them. Ridiculous I know, but that's what I'm like.
Ahhh Christmas memories a lovely Bakery scent...

St Eval's Orange & Cinnamon until 1st December then it'll be their Figgy Pudding. One tealight on the hall window sill fragrances the hall, stairs & landing in a 1930s semi so I think that's quite powerful.
Is the Figgy Pudding nice Twi?
Actually, that's a stupid question, you obviously wouldn't burn it if you didn't like it would you? 😂
My all time favourite candle was Price's Figgy Pudding so I'm always on the lookout for a good replacement. I might give this one a try 👍

All I could smell when I used to burn Yankee candles was a petrol smell that used to give me a headache. I ended up using the ones I had left either in the airing cupboard or the Christmas pine ones were put in with the Christmas decorations when they were put away. Use reed diffusers from Valente now or wax melts in a small dish on the radiator.

Prices use stearin for their candles, unless they've reformulated. Yankee use paraffin wax. I would prefer if YC moved away from paraffin wax, as for some candles, the paraffin smell does swamp the fragrance.
With some of the fragrances mentioned here, I am intrigued, but don't know how they smell, so any descriptions of "smells like/similar to" either a candle or foodstuff/spice/herb etc or other would be great.

All I could smell when I used to burn Yankee candles was a petrol smell that used to give me a headache. I ended up using the ones I had left either in the airing cupboard or the Christmas pine ones were put in with the Christmas decorations when they were put away. Use reed diffusers from Valente now or wax melts in a small dish on the radiator.
I have tried YC but also could only smell the paraffin but have that with most candles, even Neom for me are not great.I would love a home with fragrance have a Neom Reed diffuser in my livingroom right now & it needn’t be there.Is it my nose & sense of smell?

The petrol smell given off by YC was the reason I stopped buying them. I think they changed the formula because they didn’t use to smell like that. They’re too expensive for what they are, in my opinion, when you can buy large jar candles that have a greater throw of fragrance, and don’t smell of petrol, for less than a third of the price of YC.

The best candles that I’ve ever used are from the Milkhouse Creamery and the fragrance permeates through the whole house. They’re made from beeswax and that’s the difference. Fortunately, when QVC stopped selling them, there were a lot in clearance and so I bought quite a few of them and am now well stocked up. I burn those on special occasions, rather than every day.

Is the Figgy Pudding nice Twi?
Actually, that's a stupid question, you obviously wouldn't burn it if you didn't like it would you? 😂
My all time favourite candle was Price's Figgy Pudding so I'm always on the lookout for a good replacement. I might give this one a try 👍
It's quite rich & soft. If you trust me with your address send it to me 'invisibly' & I'll post a tealight; the P&P direct from St Eval is high so I buy them from eBay but don't want you to spend money on a recommendation from me when you may not like the fragrance.

How does the letters to Santa smell, it’s such an esoteric/ mysterious name?!

Burning Suprise Snowfall by Yankee what a gorgeous smell. What candles are you burning on the lead up to the festive season?
I like the name but don’t remember that one!

I’m quite surprised people are burning Christmas type scents already?!
I still think 1st December is way too early! (Though I like decorations up about 1 weekend before Christmas!)

Maybe it would help me feel remotely festive this year to burn some more wintry and festive scents sooner?

Atm I have YC dried lavender and oak burning - first time - which I got for £10 so risked it!
I adore the scent - but it is the sootiest candle I’ve ever owned! (Maybe burning too long too!)

White Company do some lovely winter fragrances but so £££ and not the best throw still.

How does the letters to Santa smell, it’s such an esoteric/ mysterious name?!
I am the worst person in the world at describing fragrances I'm afraid TLL, so I've just copied and pasted this from google, I hope it helps....?

• Top: Solar Cinnamon, Sunshine, Lemondrop.
  • Mid: Solar Accord, Coconut, Sandalwood, Sugared Musk.
  • Base: Amber, Praline, Handwritten Letters.

It's quite rich & soft. If you trust me with your address send it to me 'invisibly' & I'll post a tealight; the P&P direct from St Eval is high so I buy them from eBay but don't want you to spend money on a recommendation from me when you may not like the fragrance.
Thank you so,so much for the offer Twi, but I've already ordered a box from ebay as it goes. They were £8.99 with free delivery so quite reasonable I thought. If I'm not keen, you're more than welcome to the remainder though. I shall keep you informed.
Again, thank you for your generosity, it was very much appreciated.

Wonderful company, wonderful products & wonderful people. I met them when they had just started the business & have remained ❤️

I am the worst person in the world at describing fragrances I'm afraid TLL, so I've just copied and pasted this from google, I hope it helps....?

• Top: Solar Cinnamon, Sunshine, Lemondrop.
  • Mid: Solar Accord, Coconut, Sandalwood, Sugared Musk.
  • Base: Amber, Praline, Handwritten Letters.
Can anyone describe the fragrances of the three in bold?

Latest posts

Back