Christmas candles/Yankee Burning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry Grizelda but I am not in my 20s!
You may be glad you're not in your twenties, SF. I know that I am. I had little confidence in those days and made lots of silly mistakes. Those ten years were not the happiest for me. Life took an upward turn after forty. 'Youth wasted on the young' is so true in many cases.

Can any of the YC experts on the forum name a Christmas fragrance that was lavender coloured? A couple of years ago I was given a collection of Christmas tealights, it must have been a US import because I didn't recognise many of them, & this one was gorgeous.
Oh, I don't know I'm afraid Twi, but I must admit, I'm curious myself now.

Oh, I don't know I'm afraid Twi, but I must admit, I'm curious myself now.
I knew that I'd mentioned this before so have just scrolled through the threads & found my post, it was Holiday Lights 😊 I also loved Cherries On Snow. I found 2 small jars on eBay!

Last edited:
I’m “resurrecting” this thread because I’m not sure where else to put it. My apologies if this has already been mentioned though.

I don’t buy YC but I know that a lot of you do. I had QVC on in the background and a YC has just started. I was surprised to hear that this is the final show for YC show on QVC.

I guess that there’ll be a few in clearance from now on so, for YC devotees it might be an idea to check. I did this when my favourite brand (Milkhouse Creamery) was no longer being stocked at QVC and I stocked up on loads of their candles at a greatly reduced price.

Once again, apologies if YC leaving QVC is common knowledge or I’ve misunderstood what Craig said.

YC is a big seller, perhaps it was the BA?
That’s what I was thinking but Craig mentioned sending love to Rosa and thanked the BA for all the help that they’ve given customers over the years. I wasn’t going to watch, but I’ll wait until the end of the show to see what is said.

Cashers, oh I've got the tree in green, they're gorgeous aren't they, can't wait to burn mine! The white birch plug in is my favourite of all the ones I've tried so far - ok I know I'm a bit of a sucker with these things, but to my nose it really does make me think of walking through a snowy forest and just taking in all those lovely cold clean scents, reckon you'll love it 😍
hi T. So sorry for not replying🙄. I burned it in my hallway and the smell honestly went through the entire house (ok it's only a two bed, but still!) And yes, it was a cold clean scent! 😍

I will have to stock up love Yankees not everything but most. Sad that QVC are not selling it anymore as they sometimes do great deals. Harry Slatkins candles can be far too overwhelming and sometimes sickly and very very pricey for the burn times.

I’m “resurrecting” this thread because I’m not sure where else to put it. My apologies if this has already been mentioned though.

I don’t buy YC but I know that a lot of you do. I had QVC on in the background and a YC has just started. I was surprised to hear that this is the final show for YC show on QVC.

I guess that there’ll be a few in clearance from now on so, for YC devotees it might be an idea to check. I did this when my favourite brand (Milkhouse Creamery) was no longer being stocked at QVC and I stocked up on loads of their candles at a greatly reduced price.

Once again, apologies if YC leaving QVC is common knowledge or I’ve misunderstood what Craig said.
I find scented candles a difficult one. It has literally taken me years to find a brand that I love everything about, the most obvious is fragrance. The amount of money I've wasted on candles that have smelled lovely in the shop, but when you actually light them the smell doesn't come through. I have had quite a few YC's in the past, but only ever the smaller ones, wax melts etc. Whilst the brand is reliable scent wise I'm not a fan of those jars with the labels stuck on them. I never found a fragrance of theirs that I loved so much I wanted to repeat buy either. Price is important to me also, I don't want to spend a fortune.
A few years ago I discovered Zoella candles (yes, the influencer!) In the Boots post xmas sale I bought a gingerbread scented candle in that was presented in an smart looking glass and I found it was perfect. It smelled gorgeous (lit and unlit), looked pretty, and didn't cost the earth, so I went back and stocked up. After that I always bought her Christmas offering and was never disappointed, and also found that she did spring/summer fragrances too and bought some of them, and they were just as delightful. Once finished, I'd discard the glass container as it wasn't something I had to think...Ooh I should find a use for this, and then not!
Yep, they've been discontinued for a while now, and Ebay is the only place I could get them, but now stock has all but dried up there too. It's typical of me, find something I love, and it's either a limited edition or it gets discontinued. I've still got a few left in the cupboard, but when they're gone, they're gone!

Ha ha ha ha ha, no chance of me "sneaking" that into our house. I'll have to pass. Mr CC gets a bit cross with the "wasting money on candles" scenario. I could hide ordinary types but not that. He does tend to waste a lot of money on all kinds of man crap though but I have to pretend not to see.

CC
Funnily enough it would be the other way for me. OH loves candles and he's often bringing home these clunking great triple wick monstrosities in massive lidded jars from Aldi & lidl etc. Some of the smaller ones from those places are good value and smell good but for me it's as much about how they look. I'd rather have a pretty little candle burning unobtrusively giving out a nice smell and a nice decorative accent, than a huge obelisk. He'd love it!

Latest posts

Back