Chuntley shut up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We are entitled to air our views about Presenters good or bad,and I dislike her immensely.
Lynn :talking:

I concur 100%, Lynn, a point I find myself having to make repeatedly on forums. A place for open debates, and discussions, this is why we visit; we are interested to know the opinions of others, and quite often want to give our own. There is a difference between libel (illegal) and subjective viewpoints. We all have the right to either like or dislike anyone and, as we live in a democracy, are at liberty to express the point. Being spiteful, for the sake of it is, in my opinion (if I can say that!), unacceptable or, at the very least, indicative of a questionable character. We live in a disparate environment, which is why we have such diverse opinions.

I disagree with the comments that she lacks confidence and is insecure about herself. I think she is vain and really fancies herself. Always checking herself in the moniter, keeps mentioning her kids ages becaase she wants people to say she looks too young. etc. I do think she is an attractive lady it's a shame she needs to be so irritating and constantly having her ego boosted. I have also seen nastier things said about other presenters on here.

Yes! It's up there with the 'real women' phrase, you can't be a real woman if you aren't short or overweight! Well I am a tall size 10 and last time I looked I was definitely a real woman!

AGREE. I hate the term "real woman" I blame the media. It is so PC and it gets on my nerves. If you were are an adult woman and were born female then you are a real woman.

I've met Catherine.
My husband and I went to see a play she was in last year. She was excellent, easily as good as the other six or so actors, who were all professionals. Afterwards we waited in the bar, hoping to catch a quick word with her. Julia Roberts and a group of QVC staff had been in the audience, along with Will Gowing, who recorded film of the play too. Catherine joined the QVC folk in the bar, but happily spent over half an hour chatting with us too, insisted on taking photos of us together, gave us several proper hugs, and was over the moon that we had gone to the trouble of travelling to London to see her play. We found her very down to earth and genuine, really lovely. We have since struck up a friendship through twitter and she has continued to be just as friendly and responsive.
I understand that every one of us has our own opinions, and I accept that. That's just my personal experience of meeting Catherine.

Latest posts

Back