CHuntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vegetarians are very often not slender because they eat a lot of carbs. In Chunt's case, she probably eats what she fancies. I don't think her weight is out of control..... yet.
I’ve been a vegetarian for over thirty years.
As skinny as a rake until I reached 40.
I was struggling to get into a size 10
jeans when I could previously get in a 6 - 8.
Changed jobs where I was on my feet a lot and did a lot of walking to and from work.
Can get in a size 8 again in some brands.
Exercise is the best way to shift menopause weight imo and I’ve never been in a gym.
Walking is a great way to shift the blob and lots of it.

Changed jobs where I was on my feet a lot and did a lot of walking to and from work.
Exercise is the best way to shift menopause weight imo and I’ve never been in a gym.
'shift the blob!' :LOL: Lots of walking or lots of blob?

I have found that walking daily, in my case 5 miles per day keeps the pounds away. That and no sugar. You get so used to the walk that you feel really sad when you can't make it some days. And if, after some time away from sugar, you eat a cake or dessert, it tastes way too sweet and you don't want to finish it.

I rarely eat sweet things and when I do it’s like being force fed pure sugar, yet no matter how much I try I can’t do without salt. I once spent 4 years without salt (and it was a bliddy miserable 4 years) yet I never got used to it and craved it as much on the last day as I did on the first.

I have found that walking daily, in my case 5 miles per day keeps the pounds away. That and no sugar. You get so used to the walk that you feel really sad when you can't make it some days. And if, after some time away from sugar, you eat a cake or dessert, it tastes way too sweet and you don't want to finish it.
Yep, a few years ago, I didn't need a car for work, walked there and back every day, round trip of an hour (30 mins each way). Never thought it would make me lose weight, wondered why my skirts and trousers were too big. It does work, I just did it out of necessity to get to work, not for exercise.

Latest posts

Back