Customer Events

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Seababy

Registered Shopper
Reading the topic on "have you met the presenters", I notice that many of you have attended the Customer Events, like Gold & Silver Day. Some people more than once. How do you get to go on them?? QVC say that customers are selected at random, but I sense it may be otherwise!!

Anyone know? Thank you!

I don't know i always thought it was probably linked to the amount of items you bought. I'm going to a jewellery event next week but haven't bought any for ages, whereas i spend a fortune on beauty products and have never been invited to a beauty event. So i can only guess it is done randomly

Hi there. Well to be honest I was really surprised that I got an invite to the Silver Event. I love silver but dont' buy much on its own but I do buy A LOT of Diamonique. My Hubby said that is probably why as I probably have nearly every bit of ephiphany Dimonique and I always buy the diamonique TSV (even when i dont like it, which is rare) and then I give it to my niece for birthday. I also buy lots of household stuff too but not keen on an invite to a household product event (if they do such a thing). !!!!

I think it was sometime last year that my Mum was contacted by QVC & asked about attending a jewellery event.. My Mum didn't go, but she doesn't buy an awful lot of jewellery from them, so maybe its more random than we imagine..
Now, if it had been a Thorntons Event, then maybe the answer would have been different :tongue2:

Reading the topic on "have you met the presenters", I notice that many of you have attended the Customer Events, like Gold & Silver Day. Some people more than once. How do you get to go on them?? QVC say that customers are selected at random, but I sense it may be otherwise!!

Anyone know? Thank you!

They'd be crazy - and highly unusual in the industry - to spend money organising such events and then just select people at random. They're often looking to get customer feedback about new products or film promos, and you want the right people for that.

Although of course I live in hope of being invited to Dennis Basso event - I'll bring the red paint! :grin: :eek:

It would be a colossal waste of time to invite someone to a jewellery event when they buy technology items mainly , Or invite someone to a craft event when they buy their Aunts a craft kit for their birthdays once a year but have no interest in crafting themselves.

I suspect there is quite a complex selection process. If there isn't, then the marketing department isn't doing their job.

I split our QVC purchases between two accounts - mine and hubby's. Whereas I have been invited to two Beauty Events, he has never been invited. I suspect this is because I fit their required demographic and he didn't. (We both get the Christmas card though! :D)

I always thought you had to spend the equivalent of the national debt of a small country and rarely send anything back.

They'd be crazy - and highly unusual in the industry - to spend money organising such events and then just select people at random. They're often looking to get customer feedback about new products or film promos, and you want the right people for that.

Although of course I live in hope of being invited to Dennis Basso event - I'll bring the red paint! :grin: :eek:

It would be a colossal waste of time to invite someone to a jewellery event when they buy technology items mainly , Or invite someone to a craft event when they buy their Aunts a craft kit for their birthdays once a year but have no interest in crafting themselves.

I suspect there is quite a complex selection process. If there isn't, then the marketing department isn't doing their job.

I split our QVC purchases between two accounts - mine and hubby's. Whereas I have been invited to two Beauty Events, he has never been invited. I suspect this is because I fit their required demographic and he didn't. (We both get the Christmas card though! :D)

Why am I not suprised that you have been to 2 beauty events LA. Were they good. Did you buy loads? I guess now you are f.a.r.ting you won't be getting an invite.

I always thought you had to spend the equivalent of the national debt of a small country and rarely send anything back.

I'm sure that a persons spend and return rate is a factor they consider.

One of my friends orders every single new beauty product that comes to air and returns loads of them. She returns items if she has a reaction to them, or if the product does not live up to it's onscreen promises.

I guess the more you buy and keep the more returns they can stand cos she gets invited to loads of things.

Why am I not suprised that you have been to 2 beauty events LA. Were they good. Did you buy loads? I guess now you are f.a.r.ting you won't be getting an invite.

It's Ok honey I'll live with that. I'm glad I went to one but I wouldn't feel the need to go again.

They one I went to was in a big conference space and there were stalls around the edges for many of the brands where you could get your nails painted by Nails Inc or Leighton's team, get made up by SJ or bat your eyelashes at twinkly Andrew Bagley. ;) Keeley had to leave cos her son was poorly. Nina Smashbox was their and my daughter and I dissolved into giggles when she said "exactttttly" just the way she does onscreen. The MOP girls were really friendly and kind. they gave my daughter lots of product recommendations and complimented her on her hair. She's pretty much used MOP C System ever since.

Alison Young did a Q and A which was interesting,

I went home with lots of freebies but luckily there was nothing for sale! :D I think meeting fellow QVCers was the best bit for me.

It's Ok honey I'll live with that. I'm glad I went to one but I wouldn't feel the need to go again.

They one I went to was in a big conference space and there were stalls around the edges for many of the brands where you could get your nails painted by Nails Inc or Leighton's team, get made up by SJ or bat your eyelashes at twinkly Andrew Bagley. ;) Keeley had to leave cos her son was poorly. Nina Smashbox was their and my daughter and I dissolved into giggles when she said "exactttttly" just the way she does onscreen. The MOP girls were really friendly and kind. they gave my daughter lots of product recommendations and complimented her on her hair. She's pretty much used MOP C System ever since.

Alison Young did a Q and A which was interesting,

I went home with lots of freebies but luckily there was nothing for sale! :D I think meeting fellow QVCers was the best bit for me.
It must have been a recent do cause Keeley hasn't been a mum for that long. Why did I not know about this before? I am so envious:envy::envy:

It must have been a recent do cause Keeley hasn't been a mum for that long. Why did I not know about this before? I am so envious:envy::envy:

I might have got that wrong then - cos it was about two years ago. She was there for a short while looking stressed and then went and the other Elemis girls explained why she'd had to go.

I was very very excited so I may be remembering wrong! :eek: :D

I might have got that wrong then - cos it was about two years ago. She was there for a short while looking stressed and then went and the other Elemis girls explained why she'd had to go.

I was very very excited so I may be remembering wrong! :eek: :D

Not to worry LA. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure you were very very excited. Like a child in a sweetie shop.

Lol, L A'kin, same here, but hubby always gets a goody bag, too (or, to be accurate, I get two...).

About 12 or 13 years ago I went to two Kirks Folly events held in the evening at QVC Towers
They were great fun, nothing for sale but some filming was done to include in the shows
I remember at the first one, alcohol was provided but it was absent from the second one!!!!!
I met Julia, Dale and Dean (remember him?) and Alison popped in and out between shows, they were all really nice and friendly
My interest in Kirks Folly has now waned and have not been invited to any other events

I got invited to a craft event, the first one they held in London..I think it was more about the variety of my purchases than the amount...I have spent more in succeeding years but now I know what I want so buy less different stuff I think.
What was intersting was that there were a couple of people there saying how well they knew all the presenters and that they got invited to all these events...afterwards I found out that there had only ever been one before and that had been a different format and held in Liverpool!

I would love to be invited to a gardening event !, it would be nice to tell Mr Jackson just what I thought of QVC plants (this year they where awful !), I think that when QVC where boasting that they sold loads last year and expected to sell even more this year, the centre which produced the plants sacrificed quality for quantity !.
I don't think I am going to get an invitation as I have had so many refunds on "dead twigs".

I have never had an invitation,to any event,having said that it would be a long way from Manchester just to pop down for an event,train fare etc...considering the amount I have spent on l'occitane and yankee alone I am surprised I've never had one..ah well
nice to hear some of your stories though!!

I have never had an invitation,to any event,having said that it would be a long way from Manchester just to pop down for an event,train fare etc...considering the amount I have spent on l'occitane and yankee alone I am surprised I've never had one..ah well
nice to hear some of your stories though!!

I'm the same, I've never been invited to anything and as I live in Lancashire it would be a dear do to travel to London. Half of me thinks it would be great to go to an event but the sensible half thinks it would cost a fortune just to get there.

Latest posts

Back