Debbie F

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good god, it’s October and she’s still got her trotters on show. I do wish she would stop wearing toe post sandals, especially white. They make her feet look enormous & not flattering at all.
I just thought this as I caught the last 20seconds of the Joules show… especially as Immy looks so well turned out. DF looks like she just put the bins out …such a rough arse!!!

I saw Debbie presenting a Skechers show in them. I didn't bother to see if white toe post sandals were being presented.
I know in their different ways, both have problem feet... but I refuse to believe the Q doesn't have shoes that will fit and look appropriate for the season and show they are presenting.

Jacki K loves her trainers on air, Ruthless is attached to her knee high stiletto boots - with everything, JR has gone through phases of black toe post sandals, trainers, and now her current monstrosities, DF surgically attached to white toe posts. IMO the only one who "gets it right" with whatever she's wearing is Ali Keenan, be it a current tsv footwear or general presenting, she is the only one who always looks elegant and groomed.

No matter how annoying Gatling gun Keenan is she is always impeccably turned out even in Q’s offerings.
I've heard her describe her bad dream of leaving home without her knickers on. She cares about how she is dressed from head to toe including the under pinnings! All good, Ms Keenan.

I saw Debbie presenting a Skechers show in them. I didn't bother to see if white toe post sandals were being presented.
I know in their different ways, both have problem feet... but I refuse to believe the Q doesn't have shoes that will fit and look appropriate for the season and show they are presenting.
She must have been having a 'bad feet day'!

Good god, it’s October and she’s still got her trotters on show. I do wish she would stop wearing toe post sandals, especially white. They make her feet look enormous & not flattering at all.
They are such fun though!
I just thought this as I caught the last 20seconds of the Joules show… especially as Immy looks so well turned out. DF looks like she just put the bins out …such a rough arse!!!
A rough arse..? I expect there's a cream for that!

She must have been having a 'bad feet day'!
That must be an every day thing, then.
I know the pain of awkward feet, but I can always find something comfortable, smart or both when I need to.
Skechers are well known for being wide foot friendly... their styles which don't suit a wide foot best are far thinner on the ground.
IMO Debbie and Julia would be better off using their, no doubt considerable, influence at Q to propose and support footwear brands which are accessible to us awkward feet folks.

I love my Go Walk Skechers, but by God they've ruined my feet for wearing 'normal' shoes.
A lot of normal shoes are now made far from these shores, and I suspect the fit models for footwear have different lifestyles and foot characteristics in those other countries.
One of the reasons German footwear is so well thought of is that they still make them in their home country... so they fit better on a German foot, and happily also on a UK foot.

I have always had wide feet and I'm sure lots of people do and like me have been forced to size up just to get the width which is not ideal. It's got nothing to do with how fat or thin you are but somehow you are made to feel bad about it - in the same way as my hands are bigger and I'm not an average N on my ring finger. When trainers became fashionable there was more choice and also retailers seemed to realise there was more demand as as average height size increased. But now, maybe for cost-cutting reasons, there are fewer wide styles around and they often verge on the frumpy or over-embellished. QVC used to sell wider fittings on air in Clarks but now they don't and ages ago when someone asked about it the snooty presenter said that they didn't really sell them because most people are a standard fit. There is this assumption that if your hands and feet are just those few crucial millimetres wider you are somehow a freak and not "dainty" enough. I read that 60s singer Sandie Shaw finally admitted she used to go barefoot on stage because at a size 6 (considered big in those days) all the fancy shoes supplied were too small and painful for her. A sad state of affairs.

I have always had wide feet and I'm sure lots of people do and like me have been forced to size up just to get the width which is not ideal. It's got nothing to do with how fat or thin you are but somehow you are made to feel bad about it - in the same way as my hands are bigger and I'm not an average N on my ring finger. When trainers became fashionable there was more choice and also retailers seemed to realise there was more demand as as average height size increased. But now, maybe for cost-cutting reasons, there are fewer wide styles around and they often verge on the frumpy or over-embellished. QVC used to sell wider fittings on air in Clarks but now they don't and ages ago when someone asked about it the snooty presenter said that they didn't really sell them because most people are a standard fit. There is this assumption that if your hands and feet are just those few crucial millimetres wider you are somehow a freak and not "dainty" enough. I read that 60s singer Sandie Shaw finally admitted she used to go barefoot on stage because at a size 6 (considered big in those days) all the fancy shoes supplied were too small and painful for her. A sad state of affairs.
With my ‘wide as they are long’ trotters I always try ‘big girl’ shops even tho im quite small. My current loafers are from Evans - but Simply Be also do the extra wide fit I need. They’re ok if you don’t mind synthetic - as wider leather shoes are a bit of a treat cash wise.

Latest posts

Back