diet chef

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can choose your own on diet chef website and they were doing a special offer for £95 for 28 days. I think you did have to buy extra months at normal price though to get that deal.

CC

I still think diet programmes like this are just a con. Of course they will work and you will lose weight while you use them but as soon as you eat your normal food the weight will go back on.

I think these diet programmes are aimed at those who just want to go & pick a packet at the shelf without planning meals/ shopping.I don't know how satisfying they are & I think you have to supplement with fruit & veg..I swear by going to one of the slimming groups as these help you to change your eating habits, they are not a diet but a healthier lifestyle that you can keep to.I have lost 2 stones & although 'slip off the wagon' every so often all is not lost as I just get back to my now, normal eating pattern.The bottom line is that I feel so much better than when I have a 'blow out'!

Just seen it on the Lunchtime show with SG. As usual she was talking like she a robot on speed. Then she started trying the food and I thought 'maybe this will shut her up or at least slow her down' but no. She still managed to blather on with a full mouth.

I agree a con ....one of the biggest money making industries ....for me I would only usually for a wedding a week before just ( or speacial occasion ) a week ..if I was desperate ...but i spent my money on a second hand copy of the book wheat belly ...by dr William Davis ...it's a revelation...really interesting ..it's about how wheat has properties in it that make us addicted to other food ...he is a cardiologist ...anyway has great reviews on Amazon ....I only paid a couple of pounds including postage and there is loads of info on the Internet ...of course I tread cautiously but it is a fascinating read and so far has helped y appetite calm down ...it's all a big money making spin ..but this mans findings are intriguing ..for me anyway lol worth a read ...

Even though I need to lose weight, I could never follow one of these 'chef meal' plans, as looking through the nutritional information there is only 2 of the main meals I could eat. Reason, I am highly allergic to bell peppers, thus can't tolerate anything 'hot' (spice wise) and don't drink, so the some that I could have had such as the 'beef stew' I couldn't because they contained alcohol. The point to my meanderings, is that why can't these plans cater for 'normal, boring' people who also don't drink! Guess I am going to have to stay fat for a little bit longer!

Even though I need to lose weight, I could never follow one of these 'chef meal' plans, as looking through the nutritional information there is only 2 of the main meals I could eat. Reason, I am highly allergic to bell peppers, thus can't tolerate anything 'hot' (spice wise) and don't drink, so the some that I could have had such as the 'beef stew' I couldn't because they contained alcohol. The point to my meanderings, is that why can't these plans cater for 'normal, boring' people who also don't drink! Guess I am going to have to stay fat for a little bit longer!

the food is not hot at all the curries are mild. bell peppers are sweet peppers nothing like the small chillies that are hotter. the wine would lose its alcohol in the cooking its just for flavour

If you order on the auto delivery can you cancel or are you still committed to those extra months like you would be if you ordered direct from diet chef. Thinking of giving it a go as have a wedding in August but if I don't like the meals or find I just can't stick to it, I don't want to be committed to paying for the extra drops. Alternatively if I do like it & only purchase the 28 days, I'll be wishing I got it on auto delivery as it is a really good deal from Q

If you order on the auto delivery can you cancel or are you still committed to those extra months like you would be if you ordered direct from diet chef. Thinking of giving it a go as have a wedding in August but if I don't like the meals or find I just can't stick to it, I don't want to be committed to paying for the extra drops. Alternatively if I do like it & only purchase the 28 days, I'll be wishing I got it on auto delivery as it is a really good deal from Q

with the auto delivery you can cancel after one drop or carry on every 28 days. for as long as you want. the fifth month is free but you do pay the postage. this time you can pick your own food which is much better than when you had stuff you did not like.

the only problem i have nutritionally is the high sugar in the snacks and bars but you can avoid them. the food is quite nice and the breakfasts are lovely

For all most the first time ever if you want to buy diet chef and think you will stick beyond 3 months then buying the auto delivery from Q will SAVE YOU £££.
This is not for me but for those who are super busy and time poor it might be just the thing, as with everything in life it is "horses for courses"

I used diet chef before for a month and I lost about 5lb - could have lost more if I had cut out wine altogether. If I had lived alone I would have continued it but when you have to buy your regular food as well for others in the family it works out expensive. I thought most of the food was OK, unlike the 5:2 diet pack I bought from IW - most of that was inedible and a complete waste of money.

CC

Just watched a programme on ITV - they tested 5 or 6 diet plans.
Diet Chef was one of the cheaper options and it worked out at £28 for a pound of weight lost.
The top spend was a diet that cost £600+ per month so it worked out at £43 for a pound of weight lost.
The cheapest option was Lighter Life and it worked out at £14 for a pound of weight lost.

tThe only way to lose weight is to eat less and move more. It can be done but you have to keep doing it and completely change your lifestyle or it will creep back. I can vouch for this. The food needs to be good and nutritious but you don't need but be cutting out this and that, just eat sensible amounts. As far as exercise goes a walk is free and it is great getting outside in the fresh air (weather permitting of course.) I have tried all sorts of diets in the past, bought drinks that supposedly fill you up but the only way I have lost weight and kept it off is to completely change my lifestyle and not be on a diet!

Check out Groupon who are doing a 20 day plan for £68 or a 28 day plan for I think it was £95. I decided to give it another go. You can choose your own food and it was free delivery. I'm doing a 3 month programme with it so I'll let you know how I get on. This price on QVC isn't bad to be fair. Diet Chef full price for a month is £249. The food's not bad. The cereals/muesli are good, the faux crisps are fine, nothing wrong with the soups and although the dinners are a bit "thin", you can bulk them up with loads of veg. I haven't really felt starving at all and if I do feel a bit hungry I either have fruit or if that's too boring I have another bag of faux crisps. Finding it OK so far, how I'll feel in 3 months I don't know - hopefully a lot thinner!!

CC

I know somebody who has just turned 50 and on that day her birthday she was rushed in for a stent to be fitted ...she is very overweight ...I would like to think that would frighten me enough to eat as healthily as I could ...that would be motivation enough for me ...I really think it would decrease my appetite ...this should be the motivation ...luckily she is ok nOw and going for a night away with hubby but the said she might not have made it to next Christmas if she hadn't been sorted there and then ....just went for a routine check...one artery was totally blocked and the others were almost ...

I can't believe they are still touting this old bollocks! Trust me people the only pounds you're gonna lose will be of the monetary kind! All you need to do is consume fewer calories than you expend, while ensuring that your diet provides the essential nutrients your body needs.

Latest posts

Back