Don't bother to turn aound

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sharon and Goody understood that you needed to see the back and always had their hair out of the way but then they were professionals.
The old guard of models were superb and could sell the polyester nightmares on the strength of their modelling panache. Not so much many of the newer models.
I hope whatever Goody, Sharon, Joy and Tanya are up to now is good fun and remunerative. I miss them.

When the runway was ditched it all went pear shaped. The silly bints just walk out, stand on a fluffy mat and rarely turn around anyway, whereas on the runway we could see how the clothes moved as they walked up and down.

I think the whole Mid-Century set with 60's teak furniture and a few velvet chairs is the pits. Its like they've been down the local charity shop and picked up a few bits for the set dressing. We need light and airy not dark and disturbing. Display stands that are so narrow that bags and shoes fall off, beauty products that are crammed onto the stand its hard to see where one choice finishes and another starts. If they want to go down the themed route what about New England or Scandi decors ?

I have to hand it to her , JR will often ask a model to pull her hair to one side in order to reveal the neck or collar of a garment and ask her to take off a jacket or cardigan because it is covering the item they are modeling and hopefully selling. Allie, the woman who usually models Simon Wilson, has a lovely mid length hairstyle that allows you to see all the back details of the garment.

When models have to be asked to do things, it shows they haven't a clue how to 'model'. I do wonder where they have been getting the models from over the past 2 or 3 years, as there has been a continual run of different faces. Perhaps they are newbies just setting out on their modelling career so they're taken on by QVC because they are cheap.

I have to hand it to her , JR will often ask a model to pull her hair to one side in order to reveal the neck or collar of a garment and ask her to take off a jacket or cardigan because it is covering the item they are modeling and hopefully selling. Allie, the woman who usually models Simon Wilson, has a lovely mid length hairstyle that allows you to see all the back details of the garment.
Alli is the last professional left at Q.

When models have to be asked to do things, it shows they haven't a clue how to 'model'. I do wonder where they have been getting the models from over the past 2 or 3 years, as there has been a continual run of different faces. Perhaps they are newbies just setting out on their modelling career so they're taken on by QVC because they are cheap.
I would have thought that they were too old to be just starting out so either they are amateurs (my vote) or the lower rung of catalogues.

I often find myself talking to the models about the hair thing, you'd think it would be obvious to make sure any specific details on a garment were displayed to the viewer/potential purchaser. It shouldn't be up to the presenter to have to ask even though Julia does (politely) as does Debbie (in a bossy manner). Surely if you train to be model then these things should be second nature....it is, after all, what you are there to do.

There is tweedy jacket by Badger Misfit that is clearly meant to be buttoned up as it has a drape front, but the model (Sascha again), just left it hanging open - https://www.qvcuk.com/Badgley-Mischka-Tweed-Jacket.product.194474.html?sc=PRODFEED

What always gets my goat is when shoes are being modelled, especially some of the more lurid Moda in Pelle styles with different coloured leather on the back, and the bliddy model doesn't even turn around to show you them. They just stand there hoping from foot to foot on the fluffy bathmats the current set is littered with.

Another thing that annoys me (clearly there are a number of things!!) is when say a dress is being discussed and there is a garment over it!!!! Or a cross-body bag.

I agree that Sharon, Goody and Tanya were good at what they do/did but Cordelia is of the same ilk (and has short hair) as is Andy who is wonderfully elegant and generally has her hair tied back. There are couple of other capable models who have been around for a while (Nicola? Caroline) but there are also a few less capable ones.

Also, and I promise this is the last winge, is it me or are some of the models actually incapable of walking properly??? It might by the clumpy shoes/chunky heels (and the fluffy bathmats) but again, aren't models trained to walk in a modelly way???

I often find myself talking to the models about the hair thing, you'd think it would be obvious to make sure any specific details on a garment were displayed to the viewer/potential purchaser. It shouldn't be up to the presenter to have to ask even though Julia does (politely) as does Debbie (in a bossy manner). Surely if you train to be model then these things should be second nature....it is, after all, what you are there to do.

There is tweedy jacket by Badger Misfit that is clearly meant to be buttoned up as it has a drape front, but the model (Sascha again), just left it hanging open - https://www.qvcuk.com/Badgley-Mischka-Tweed-Jacket.product.194474.html?sc=PRODFEED

What always gets my goat is when shoes are being modelled, especially some of the more lurid Moda in Pelle styles with different coloured leather on the back, and the bliddy model doesn't even turn around to show you them. They just stand there hoping from foot to foot on the fluffy bathmats the current set is littered with.

Another thing that annoys me (clearly there are a number of things!!) is when say a dress is being discussed and there is a garment over it!!!! Or a cross-body bag.

I agree that Sharon, Goody and Tanya were good at what they do/did but Cordelia is of the same ilk (and has short hair) as is Andy who is wonderfully elegant and generally has her hair tied back. There are couple of other capable models who have been around for a while (Nicola? Caroline) but there are also a few less capable ones.

Also, and I promise this is the last winge, is it me or are some of the models actually incapable of walking properly??? It might by the clumpy shoes/chunky heels (and the fluffy bathmats) but again, aren't models trained to walk in a modelly way???
I like to read about 'whinges!'

Q are known to pay lower rates. As we all know, what happens when you don't pay a competitive rate, is you get the models who  cannot command a competitive rate! I'd not be surprised if most of them haven't had any modelling training (I have, and it's not as easy as it looks)... and there will be some chumps who think they know better, or have a "what's so difficult as walking?" attitude.
Sasha has stunning hair, but she hasn't been hired for hair product modelling or advertising in most cases at Q. If she's doing clothes, the clothes are the star!
Listening to the guest and presenter rather than checking the monitor should also clue them in on what to do next.
Show clothes static
Show clothes in motion
Show clothes from top to bottom, front, back and sides
Show clothes with waist exposed
Show arms raised at least with hand on hip, and also preferably
Just a few basics!
They should also highlight specific features such as collars, cuffs, belts, pockets, buttons, embroidery, pleating, pintucking, smocking or gathering.
It's all an uphill battle with the clueless camera shot selection, of course!

Some of them pop up from time to time on ITV morning/daytime programs.
Conveniently local and available at short notice, I expect.
Some brands used to specify which models they wanted to work with, so even if they were in-demand models, they could book them as part of advance planning for the shows.
Distancing the brands from the shows and guest presenters must have returned the whip hand to Q and it seems, imo, to gave become a cost-cutting opportunity for Q.

I believe Kim always wanted Sharon to be her main model so I wonder how it went down when Q told her that they didn't want to use her anymore?

I remember when certain models were always on particular ranges which made me think the BA, who was usually the designer or close to the company, had a say in which models would wear their offerings.

Latest posts

Back