Downgrading your QVC items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm removing my LG - thought the first day the baked beginings was good.................now I look dirty,orange and red! Gonna have accept the baked isn't for my skintone.........thats ok,all saving me money :)

I have this trouble with LG. I ordered the last TSV with the balance and bronze 'n' brighten. I can't even touch the bronzer as it makes me look like Jordan :mysmilie_73: but even the balance makes me slightly orange. I have also tried BE and Smashbox Halo, and I think I have to admit defeat that powder foundation isn't for me. On Beauty Day I ordered a load more LG, and have tried them all. The blushers in Brown and Apricot (ordered both as wasn't sure) are awful, and all the eyeshadows that I really desperately wanted are glittery :mysmilie_81: so I give up. Will try to find a decent liquid foundation and non-glittery eyeshadows!! Dont mind wasting the postage both ways, because at least now I know and won't be spending any more money on QVC unless it's a really, really good value beauty TSV :mysmilie_696:

I have this trouble with LG. I ordered the last TSV with the balance and bronze 'n' brighten. I can't even touch the bronzer as it makes me look like Jordan :mysmilie_73: but even the balance makes me slightly orange. I have also tried BE and Smashbox Halo, and I think I have to admit defeat that powder foundation isn't for me. On Beauty Day I ordered a load more LG, and have tried them all. The blushers in Brown and Apricot (ordered both as wasn't sure) are awful, and all the eyeshadows that I really desperately wanted are glittery :mysmilie_81: so I give up. Will try to find a decent liquid foundation and non-glittery eyeshadows!! Dont mind wasting the postage both ways, because at least now I know and won't be spending any more money on QVC unless it's a really, really good value beauty TSV :mysmilie_696:

I'm removing my LG - thought the first day the baked beginings was good.................now I look dirty,orange and red! Gonna have accept the baked isn't for my skintone.........thats ok,all saving me money :)

I know its been mentioned before ( mainly by me LOL ) but before you give up on powder foundation . Have a look at the Lily Lolo website . They do sample sizes and suit my uber pale skin wonderfully not a hint of orange . i use the porcelain foundation , the palest conceler and the pure transclucent powder .

Hi Brenny. I did actually try Lily Lolo a few years ago. My S.I.L with the beauty salon kept going on about BE but I wasn't prepared to pay the prices, so I found LL! I think my problem is my skin type rather than colour. I have quite oily olive skin and the powder just sits in my pores, even with a ton of primer on!! I have been using the LG balance for a while now, but I am not happy with it. I love the idea of powder as I am lazy with make up and it's so easy to apply :mysmilie_17: but I think I must start my quest all over again but with liquid. If anyone has any recommendations I would be grateful to hear them :mysmilie_687:

Hi Brenny. I did actually try Lily Lolo a few years ago. My S.I.L with the beauty salon kept going on about BE but I wasn't prepared to pay the prices, so I found LL! I think my problem is my skin type rather than colour. I have quite oily olive skin and the powder just sits in my pores, even with a ton of primer on!! I have been using the LG balance for a while now, but I am not happy with it. I love the idea of powder as I am lazy with make up and it's so easy to apply :mysmilie_17: but I think I must start my quest all over again but with liquid. If anyone has any recommendations I would be grateful to hear them :mysmilie_687:

Ah sorry LL isnt any good for you , have you tried MAC I swopped from thier foundation to Mineral foundation , but its really great

I haven't actually, but lots of people swear by it so it must be good! I may actually go and look it up now. Thanks! My problem is that I hate shopping and never go into the city, so if I can't get it local/out of town/online then that's me stuffed! :mysmilie_81:

things i wouldnt want to do without...
Laura Geller make up. i usually buy 1 TSV a year and it has actually stopped me buying any other makeup so i am quids in. The only make up i have now that isnt LG is a few lipsticks and glosses (but i go through gloss like its... well, gloss).
Tignanello Bags. a recent weakness but a weakness it is.

i started buying at QVC after finding this place (via Gems) and only ever bought jewellery because i fell out with Gems. Then with the help and advice of the forum i found LG and then i found Tig. tis a slippery slope but i am crawling my way back up lol

there is not a lot i actually buy from QVC (sadly i mean product wise not amount lol). i havent bought any of the haircare products and only just ordered my first LE, A'kin and some other thing in a purple pot products to give them a go. I was in town last week and i paid a small fortune for an Estee lauder night cream and a kenzoki eye cream (according to the girl who seems to have gone to the AY school of Beauty, it seems my face was in actual danger of spontaneous combustion due to the severe lack of moisture in my actual eye lid area). i was so traumatised by the experience i spent most of thursday night trawling thru the skin care section at qvc trying to find out where and when i went wrong (from the advice and information on said section and after correlating with my diary we have determined that i went wrong during August bank holiday 1988 in Silloth. I should have just said no to that last Castaway).

btw i didnt think the prices were too bad at QVC my main problem was which one to buy as they all seemed to be the same to me

Well I've decided I can live without almost all of it and have put my complete stockpile on the bay (well the sealed stuff anyway).

I'm on A'kin hair and face at the moment and L'occitane on the body. My make-up is currently between BE and LG (BnB and phenomenal foundation). I enjoy using these products and will probably continue using.

I'm trying to buy my own place and have realised that I could have done so years ago if I hadn't wasted so much cash with QVC!

I know its been mentioned before ( mainly by me LOL ) but before you give up on powder foundation . Have a look at the Lily Lolo website . They do sample sizes and suit my uber pale skin wonderfully not a hint of orange . i use the porcelain foundation , the palest conceler and the pure transclucent powder .

many thanks......i have had a quick look & i think that my BE can go back.....i will get back over £40 on 2 items......[ though its the brushes that always tempt me with BE..........] anyway ive plenty to be going on with..... thank you :mysmilie_687:

I've tried Elizabeth Arden mineral powder on my pale/oily skin and was pleased with that - didn't make me orange or spotty! :mysmilie_696: Their primer was good as well although I have swapped to Smashbox as you get more for your money.

The only liquid foundation I got on with was the late lamented Prescriptives as I could get one that matched my skin. Their disappearance is why I've switched to mineral powder foundation now.

Interesting reading everyone's input...

Things I couldn't manage without from QVC. Probably really only Laura Geller Ethereal Rose Powder, it's the only blusher I have ever found that I can work with properly.

But everything else that I originally bought from QVC make up/toiletries wise I can usually find cheaper elsewhere these days. I'm starting to take other people's recommendations of other non Q brands on board and have recently tried Lily Lolo and Elemental Beauty with great results.

My A'kin I buy from MyPure or Tesco now which saves me a bomb in postage. Ditto stuff like ABC Skinwash. Buying from Liz Earle direct makes more sense as their CS is brill and you get freebies.

If QVC were to implode tomorrow I'm sure I could survive ;)

Now that Dennis has stopped "going down the river to find the people with the beautiful hair" and mooches into Estee Lauder land, I have started using Organix Coconut range for my hair (grey, prone to frizz in the rain, and dryish) and it is just as good as Ojon stuff. Still have a stash of the original Ojon paste and am using it up.

I like Bobbi Brown but there is no saving buying from QVC (again another Estee Lauder takeover), buy it direct from a Cambridge store.

I like MAC mineral blushes (similar to LG) but more subtle.

I get all my " stash " from non qvc outlets these days I passed on the last 2 Loccitane TSVs and really hav'nt missed them . I use Lilylolo makeup , get DS skincare fron My pure ( thank you Lovin A'kin ) second order just placed , DS skin improved 100% free delivery and free skin scrub worth £10.99 , What value !
I still watch but more for entertainment than buying stuff

I get all my " stash " from non qvc outlets these days I passed on the last 2 Loccitane TSVs and really hav'nt missed them . I use Lilylolo makeup , get DS skincare fron My pure ( thank you Lovin A'kin ) second order just placed , DS skin improved 100% free delivery and free skin scrub worth £10.99 , What value !
I still watch but more for entertainment than buying stuff

You're very welcome Brenny. I love that it's working so well for him. :mysmilie_1565:

Well I've decided I can live without almost all of it and have put my complete stockpile on the bay (well the sealed stuff anyway).

I'm on A'kin hair and face at the moment and L'occitane on the body. My make-up is currently between BE and LG (BnB and phenomenal foundation). I enjoy using these products and will probably continue using.

I'm trying to buy my own place and have realised that I could have done so years ago if I hadn't wasted so much cash with QVC!

:mysmilie_696: good for you!! Have you started a thread in the buy & sell section in the drop? It may be worth it, as if anyone is interested they can pm you for your bay ID or even buy privately. I'll certainly have a look, as I am now Bargain Queen rather than QVC addict :mysmilie_82::mysmilie_61:

I love l'Occitane but haven't bought any since I went on holiday and I have my Soap&Glory and Boots own to get through yet. I have tried some others but found Original Source quite drying.

I bought some BE eyeshadows a year or more ago and they seem to last forever but I use foundation from Lily Lolo or Barefaced Beauty. Lily Lolo's Kabuki brush is lovely too.

As for skincare, I try all sorts but keep going back to Clarins Hydra Quench when they have special offers and then I get my Boots points too. I can tell a difference in my skin when I use something else.

Latest posts

Back