Elemis TSV 26/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think l'm going for this one. I'm sure at the Beauty bash a lady at the stand told me it would be on 4 ezpay.

If somebody (me) has never used Elemis before, which of the two moisturisers do you suggest I should choose for my dry and sensitive skin?

If somebody (me) has never used Elemis before, which of the two moisturisers do you suggest I should choose for my dry and sensitive skin?

If you don't have breakouts, I reckon you probably would be better with the rich formula. But if you do get breakouts, I'd go with the original formula. My skin is mainly fairly dry and I've used the original before there was a choice, and my skin did very well with it.

Thank you! I usually use a serum underneath a cream, do you think the rich version would be too much then?

Thank you! I usually use a serum underneath a cream, do you think the rich version would be too much then?

Difficult to answer that one. For example you could be using a serum which is addressing something specific and then a moisturiser for a more general need. Or you could be using a serum because your usual moisturiser isn't up to what your skin really needs.

I can only speak of my personal experience - I always wear a serum under my moisturiser, and I change what serum I use according to what I think I need, and never have an issue. I tend to use decleor aromessences generally (firmness, dehydration) or a Clarins oil-based serum (sensitivity). I find that because you use very little of it, it doesn't cause me any problems. I usually couple my serum with a light textured moisturiser, which is my preference (hydrafloral or pcmc). In winter I would definitely turn to "heavier" moisturisers. Your skin needs what it needs, and it will change according to time of year, climate, your health, your lifestyle and diet and umpteen other factors.

I hope that makes some sense!

To be honest, if your skin is dry use facial oils instead of serum under your moisturizer. You only need a tiny amount and they are brilliant, also you use less moistrizer.

To be honest, if your skin is dry use facial oils instead of serum under your moisturizer. You only need a tiny amount and they are brilliant, also you use less moistrizer.

Well, actually I also use facial oils, e.g., recently emptied the Superskin Concentrate. Now in the summer and with these high temperatures, I tend to avoid facial oils and wait till autumn to use them again (AD Skin Synergy's will be next). A serum is more practical under my sunscreen at the moment, I think. :)

Difficult to answer that one. For example you could be using a serum which is addressing something specific and then a moisturiser for a more general need. Or you could be using a serum because your usual moisturiser isn't up to what your skin really needs.

I can only speak of my personal experience - I always wear a serum under my moisturiser, and I change what serum I use according to what I think I need, and never have an issue. I tend to use decleor aromessences generally (firmness, dehydration) or a Clarins oil-based serum (sensitivity). I find that because you use very little of it, it doesn't cause me any problems. I usually couple my serum with a light textured moisturiser, which is my preference (hydrafloral or pcmc). In winter I would definitely turn to "heavier" moisturisers. Your skin needs what it needs, and it will change according to time of year, climate, your health, your lifestyle and diet and umpteen other factors.

I hope that makes some sense!

Yes, thanks!

It can get very complicated: some brands do serums and oils, some do just serums, and some just oils. If it's to be coupled with a moisturiser, treat your oil as a serum. You can use several serums of different textures. Personally, although I LOVE Superskin concentrate, it's too thick and heavy for daytime use - so I use it at night-time. I generally prefer using oil-based stuff on my skin, particularly at night : Clarins blue orchid oil is great for dehydration, Superskin concentrate, AD Skin Synergy, Decleor balms - usually Iris or Neroli (sometimes coupled with an aromessence), I also love the Prai wrinkle concentrate ... these are all ones I get good results with. I really love Clarins Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate - it's my emergency product of choice if my skin gets at all upset.

Good luck!

Thanks! Acutally, I didn't like the Superskin Concentrate too much and I am happy it is empty.:) Normally, when using an oil, I use it as a serum under my moisturiser, or I mix it with my moisturiser in my hands and put the mix onto my skin or I use the oil on its own.:) The oils I currently have are the AD one, one from Boots No.7 and I would like to try the PAI one with Rosehip.

Anyway, first of all I have to decide on the Elemis moisturiser.:) We'll see where that leads to.

Oh, I never tried Algenist, but have read a few reviews which all sound very positive. I might try the oil in the future. Thanks! :)

Did anyone order the 205g Elemis Cleansing Balm? It sold out quite quickly and went to advanced orders, mine arrived today.
It came with two clothes but no spatula like the regular size did. I'm also trying to remember if there was a plastic cover inside the lid.
The cloths were wrapped in individual bags and inside the brown box. The cleansing balm tub was wrapped in bubble wrap...no box. It also looks like it's melted in the heat and a bit all over the shop in the tub and it's darker in colour than my last one.
I'd like to know if others were the same. Thanks

Did anyone order the 205g Elemis Cleansing Balm? It sold out quite quickly and went to advanced orders, mine arrived today.
It came with two clothes but no spatula like the regular size did. I'm also trying to remember if there was a plastic cover inside the lid.
The cloths were wrapped in individual bags and inside the brown box. The cleansing balm tub was wrapped in bubble wrap...no box. It also looks like it's melted in the heat and a bit all over the shop in the tub and it's darker in colour than my last one.
I'd like to know if others were the same. Thanks

No but I've had a similar-sounding issue with the 105g version - it all moved around and I had to press it back into the tub - it's separated somewhat too. It still smells and works ok (and mine didn't come with a spatula, just a flannel mitt).

I do like the Elemis balm, but I think I prefer the Emma Hardie.

Thanks May. I got my last one from John Lewis and I'm sure it came in a box with the spatula inside and the cloth folded in a wrapper inside the box....actually I'm positive it did. I love the spatula and was hoping for a spare. Oh well as long as I haven't got someone's return......no elemis box, no inner lid in tub....what do you reckon?

Latest posts

Back