Glass birds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ellis said she could start the price at £500. Yeah, you could Ellis.

I could also start the price of my 6 year old car with 140,000 miles on the clock at £20,000.

In the real world, nobody is going to buy either of them for those prices.

And what is it with Gemporia and birds?

First of all, Dave Troth has based his Dove 'Blue' Jade on something white and Anaemic.

Now they're selling 'Peacocks' that have the eyes of a Tarsier, the beak of a Duck, wearing blue crowns on their head - and generally looking a bit deformed.

If I owned a zoo with a Peacock that looks like that, I'd be calling in a vet to euthanise it and put it out of its misery.

If they were selling these as 'cartoon' like items, then fair enough - but Ellis is making out that these are works of art and going to be worth a fortune in years to come. She's even told people to keep their box and receipt........

Gemporia's 'Peacock'

Peacock.jpg

An actual Peacock

ActualPeacock.jpg

Found something VERY similar:

500 Indian Rupees - which converts to £4.90p

Gemporia sold their for £29.99p

In my opinion, they're the sort of thing you'd see in a seaside gift shop for a tenner.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw them, and more to come tomorrow, apparently. Seagulls, no less. I really don’t know how Ellis could keep a straight face.

Dont forget to get in early to secure yours - Ellis said that these are on an introductory price, and they'll cost more next time around!!

Good luck to each and every one of you, we'll done!

Glass birds ... really? What is going on at Gemporia!! I'm so sorry I missed them for fun factor of Ellis trying to sell them. Hopefully they will pop up on many another show .... even though it would have been an heirloom sell out 🤣 What with rabbit heads, Steve's fat freezing clinic, Dave Jade and now glass birds ..what next!! It's just Alice in Wonderland ..!

I think these glass creations will be on all weekend, so there's plenty of time to catch them and don't forget - antiques of the future! Save the box and the receipt because they will be on the Antiques Roadshow one day. I saw on the FB group that some people loved them, so each to their own I guess. A bog-eyed bird to one person, is exquisite, glass finery to another :giggle:

I laughed when I saw Ellis desperately trying to flog these.

They look like something you could win at a fair, or at a dodgy arcade at Skegness or Blackpool.

And £30.00? I feel sorry for the mugs who bought them, and the poor chumps who will be "gifted" them. Anyone who gave me something like that as a present would be immediately cut out of my will. They're not getting their hands on my gold tone, snot coloured jade after I die! 😏

If I had a fantastic time on a sunny day out in Skegness and won this at a "Shoot The Tin Ducks" type fairground scam for £1, I'd love it. If it was made by someone I loved dearly, who'd made it at night school and gave it to me at Christmas, I'd love it.

(It would still go in a cabinet so I wouldn't have to dust the ugly fecker!)

But £29.99 + £3.95 P&P? What a price to "open your order"! I'd rather open a tarantula cage and leave the door ajar! 😨🤣

Well, it looks like they are buying cheap jade on websites (not from mines) and even cheaper tatt from similar sites to Ali Baba etc. Then marking them up at, sometimes, dozens, if not hundreds, of times what they paid for them before sticking on the hard sell to get gullible viewers to drag them out of the financial abyss their greed got them into. This might sound harsh, but from what we have seen by finding similar, if not identical, items for a fraction of the price on the web the evidence is pretty damning. It's sad to watch any integrity or respect they had as a brand finally running down the plughole. Of course this is my opinion, but everything I have seen is pointing this way.
I really hoped when Steve came back things would improve but, in my opinion, it is worse. I promised myself not to shop with them until at least Christmas, when I hoped things would be on the up. Now I am really doubting I will ever shop again - partly because I am not sure they will even be on air in 18 months. Extremely sad.

Well, it looks like they are buying cheap jade on websites (not from mines) and even cheaper tatt from similar sites to Ali Baba etc. Then marking them up at, sometimes, dozens, if not hundreds, of times what they paid for them before sticking on the hard sell to get gullible viewers to drag them out of the financial abyss their greed got them into. This might sound harsh, but from what we have seen by finding similar, if not identical, items for a fraction of the price on the web the evidence is pretty damning. It's sad to watch any integrity or respect they had as a brand finally running down the plughole. Of course this is my opinion, but everything I have seen is pointing this way.
I really hoped when Steve came back things would improve but, in my opinion, it is worse. I promised myself not to shop with them until at least Christmas, when I hoped things would be on the up. Now I am really doubting I will ever shop again - partly because I am not sure they will even be on air in 18 months. Extremely sad.
That sounds pretty much spot on to me and where Destello fits in as well ... a while ago I did a couple of searches to see if I could find Hattie's 'limited collection designs' anywhere else and there were some handbags on Shein looking suspiciously identical. I feel sad too that Gemporia is so far from what is used to be 🙁

Latest posts

Back