Glen (Mr On Trend)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ceejay

Registered Shopper
Just watched him with the TSV and could not believe what he is wearing,his jacket looks too tight and his trousers look like a pair of too short jogging bottoms that I
wouldn't let my husband wear around the house,let alone appear on TV in.What was he thinking.....

You took the words out of my mouth Ceejay. The whole outfit is too small for him. The comfy pants and canvas shoes are like my husband's Sunday morning cleaning the cars attire, but at least his are the right length.

I do wish he would stop saying "coming through" at the end of every sentence.

You have to sympathise with him slightly though. He is doing his best at flogging yet another Centigrade anorak.

Just watched him with the TSV and could not believe what he is wearing,his jacket looks too tight and his trousers look like a pair of too short jogging bottoms that I
wouldn't let my husband wear around the house,let alone appear on TV in.What was he thinking.....

He thinks?????????????????????????/:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:Really??????:mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

You took the words out of my mouth Ceejay. The whole outfit is too small for him. The comfy pants and canvas shoes are like my husband's Sunday morning cleaning the cars attire, but at least his are the right length.

I do wish he would stop saying "coming through" at the end of every sentence.

You have to sympathise with him slightly though. He is doing his best at flogging yet another Centigrade anorak.

Sums him nicely!

I can see his wearing what he does is supposed to show just how "hip" and "with it" Glen is (see, I know all the current lingo the kids' speak. Not...), and so add more credibility to his alleged fashion guruness.

The trouble is that he stands there like he's got dressedn in his son's clothes by mistake, and he's trying to "big up" a grey mac. Or an anorak. Or a tired looking cardi. The whole effect is jarring, and extremely silly.

QVC's current "fashion" needs a fashion expert like fish need bicycles.

He wore his red slippers to work last week, he's wearing his pj trousers today so I'm hoping he completes the ensemble by adding his pj jacket,wee willy winkie nightcap and that he brings along his teddybear and comfort blanket.

Over the weekend I happened to catch a repeat episode of Mary Queen of Shops where Mary Portas was trying to update the image of a menswear shop and who should be one of the people giving advice on 'styling' was our old friend Glen! Mary introduced him as a 'fashion journalist and broadcaster'.

He has excelled himself tonight! "The price of suede is really high now because of the Olympic Games! " Where does this garbage come from? Are all the stadia and seats covered in suede?

He should be led away to a quiet room somewhere, it is key!!!!!

i caught a glimpse of the feet when he mentioned the model's boots andd the camera panned down - bright blue rolled up trousers, grey boat shoes and i think purple socks.

he himself was so enthralled with the entire ensemble, he felt compared to wear it again all day today.

i caught a glimpse of the feet when he mentioned the model's boots andd the camera panned down - bright blue rolled up trousers, grey boat shoes and i think purple socks.

he himself was so enthralled with the entire ensemble, he felt compared to wear it again all day today.

Maybe he read this thread and thought he'd wear the lot again just to annoy us. :tongue:

This is from The Guardian - an article about 'mankles' (ie. men showing their ankles)!!

This is a fashion thing, isn't it? Naturally. For some time now, the trend for cropped trouser legs and rolled up chinos has made men's ankles almost inescapable in fashion circles. Now they are de rigeur on the high street. Everywhere you care to look, bony little orbs of man flesh are peering coquettishly up at us from the space where a sock should be.

Who's to blame? Probably American designer Thom Browne, whose trailblazing men's suits have been cut to flash an ankle for years. Now everyone's doing it.

Should I rush out and buy a whole new wardrobe of mankle-baring man-trousers? Perhaps not. The mankle's time may already be running out. Many designers' autumn and winter collections – including those of Dior Homme – have moved on from cropped legs and roll-ups to wide legs and flappy bottoms, so if you want to flash a mankle, do it quick.

So it looks like 'wide legs and flappy bottoms' for Glen for the Autumn then :giggle: :confused:

Maybe he read this thread and thought he'd wear the lot again just to annoy us. :tongue:

He succeeded!

I have not been friends with Mr Glen, not since he told me several years ago that Q were looking into carrying a petite range.
He lied!

He succeeded!

I have not been friends with Mr Glen, not since he told me several years ago that Q were looking into carrying a petite range.
He lied!

I'll give him 'wide legs and a flappy bottom'

Wide legs and flappy bottoms? I've been wearing that look for years and I'm not referring to my clothes either.

he is a stylist and he works in fashion. what do you expect him to wear, an M&S woolly and crimpolene trousers?

he also works in the fashion industry outside of QVC (which is NOT in the fashion industry) so being "on trend" will be considered "key". he has to dress appropriately.

For a 50-odd year old bloke i think he looks good. i wouldnt emulate him but i dont do his job, do i?

Latest posts

Back