Guests Who Overstay Their Welcome...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_504: Star, I have been wondering for ages what these mythical Oyster cards are.
I live ooop north, rarely visit London and have a phobia about the tubes so refuse to go on them - which explains why this thing was such a mystery to me!:smile:

I knew vaguely what they are but like you I live oop north and QVC's repeated references to Oyster cards make me feel a bit excluded!

:mysmilie_504: Star, I have been wondering for ages what these mythical Oyster cards are.
I live ooop north, rarely visit London and have a phobia about the tubes so refuse to go on them - which explains why this thing was such a mystery to me!:smile:

theres nowt so boring as listening to a Londoner bang on about their oyster card and their journey to work. major major yawn.

theres nowt so boring as listening to a Londoner bang on about their oyster card and their journey to work. major major yawn.
Ooh I know, I'm sick of listening to tales about feckin dreary Oyster cards and moans about public transport!! :yawn: Now Burlz did I ever tell you about my car journey to work?? :wink: Stuck in the London traffic for hours and hours?? Getting the bang :mysmilie_503:with all the speed humps, sitting for hours and hours in grid lock city round Hammersmith Broadway and Shepherds Bush Green, the horrendous 24 hour bus lane on Putney Bridge?? :angry: I could go on....and on.....and on.... :mysmilie_486:Or :wait: perhaps I should just get an Oyster Card!! :tongue:

Great thread, have not been up long due to being poorly and nearly spat my tea over the keyboard laughing at some of the posts on here, I would like to nominate that mad shouty man who is on gardening shows, have no idea of his name as have to hit the mute button as soon as he starts to bellow at 90mph. Oh and what about the lecherous Guy Clutterbuck, he's like something off "League of Gentlemen". Come to think it of it a lot of the guests would not be out of place on "Little Britain". Vicky Pollard range of leisure wear anyone? Off to soak in bath now to ease my aching limbs, bubble bath from M and S it was a quid!!

Oh YES! that manic man on the gardening---what's his name, he's straight off otherwise I'd have a breakdown.Which part of the Southern hemisphere is he from?

Is it David Hawkin(s) from South Africa (may be wrong on all counts).

Ladies, ladies (and gents), you are all slipping - I can't believe it took 6 whole pages before anyone mentioned Jan Springer.

I would also add NN scary woman, the South African bloke, and any American guest who tries to emphasize every word in a sentence. Do you know what EMPHASIZE actually means????!

BTW, I am a bit poorly at the mo and this cheered me up no end.

:cool:

(mum writes)

I live not all that far outside of London on the south coast and I didn't know what an Oyster card is either! I guess you get rednecks down south too ;)

Latest posts

Back