How many of those …….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flipping swinging chairs have they to flog?
They keep popping up everywhere, gardening, fashion, beauty and even outside last week doing what’s coming up in the next hour. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
Aldi had the rattan egg chairs online yesterday for £189.99. They flew out. Free postage and 3 year warranty. QVC also have cover for the chair selling for £61 and the base sticks out at the bottom uncovered!! Watched a bit of QVC today and Katie had one and was assembling it in her garden. Wonder if she paid for it???🤔

I don't think the Aldi ones fold down, which for me makes the QVC ones more desirable. However, I've been warned not to buy one so I'm not buying one. Mr CC was warned not to buy a new shed but there are the pieces outside the house, delivered this morning, and I actually think I paid for it :rolleyes:

CC

I refuse to have anything HUGE in my garden anymore. 6 years ago I bought one of those really big umbrellas that tilted, turned and could be seen from outer space. It needed 4 granite blocks to weigh the stand down, so once in position would need half the street to move it again. Great for covering up, but just a puff of wind would set the thing off moving from side to side. Last year I got fed up with it, the ratchett was getting stiff and it was getting tired looking. So I enlisted a couple of bodies and it was like freedom getting it out of the garden, but a bugger to dispose of.

Therefore anything like a swing, or egg chairs may look good in the early days, but try getting rid of them when they've outlived their usefulness.

Aldi had the rattan egg chairs online yesterday for £189.99. They flew out. Free postage and 3 year warranty. QVC also have cover for the chair selling for £61 and the base sticks out at the bottom uncovered!! Watched a bit of QVC today and Katie had one and was assembling it in her garden. Wonder if she paid for it???🤔
Her chair for free, no doubt.

I have a grey canvas egg chair I bought from Germany last year love it.Belive it or not it was free shipping. Cost a lot less than the QVC one and I think it looks more modern. Got a cover for it as well. Its quite large but two people at a pinch can sit in it.

Perhaps QVC were caught out by the very late delivery of tat from China caused by the Suez Canal incident last year. Also the container ports in eastern England had backlogs for weeks. Now they want to shift last years stock before this years allocation arrives. Two of our local garden centres had no furniture last summer - it arrived weeks before Christmas and they’ve put it out already, slightly reduced in price as a “Special Spring Offer”. I feel sorry for these small independent businesses, must have had such a negative impact on their cash flow.

Perhaps QVC were caught out by the very late delivery of tat from China caused by the Suez Canal incident last year. Also the container ports in eastern England had backlogs for weeks. Now they want to shift last years stock before this years allocation arrives. Two of our local garden centres had no furniture last summer - it arrived weeks before Christmas and they’ve put it out already, slightly reduced in price as a “Special Spring Offer”. I feel sorry for these small independent businesses, must have had such a negative impact on their cash flow.

There was a national shortage of garden furniture last year (!) because of the shipping issues...

You’re right it must’ve been really hard for small businesses...
Esp combined with covid :(

Even online you couldn’t find any furniture - my friends placed two orders with different retailers and spent whole summer on wait list - both had said 8 weeks...

Neither ever arrived of course.

It did mean that second hand sets we’re going for crazy money - eBay was on fire!

We decided to sell my Bramblecrest set.
It’s gorgeous and I got it ex display at an auction, but sadly been too ill to be outside using it at all...
And the big armchairs I can hardly move to sit in now!

Anyway this lady bought it (via my mum on Gumtree...), and within 2 days of deposit - not having owning it yet! - I found she had listed it on eBay using MY photos (of my garden etc!) and my details! 😳

The cheek and I felt quite vulnerable so we ended up cancelling the sale...

Trouble is it’s still sitting in my garage now (takes up about half!)

I’d love to sell it and get an egg chair or swing - my mum has a two person egg chair - and i love the faux rattan effect of it, but it doesn’t weather brilliantly...

I am sorry to read you are struggling more with your health Loopy, I have MS and some other issues myself and it can be miserable. That woman had a nerve to do what she did and I am so glad you put the kybosh on her antics. I would feel vulnerable too if my photo's and personal details were put "out there" by some random stranger. I think eBay have rules against using photographs and other peiople's personal details but getting them to remove these things is a faff and they just want the money I think you will have no trouble selling it on yourself for a good price, buyer collects and get all the cash upfront. Could anybody else help you with selling the furniture as t sounds like too big a project if you are poorly? Hang in there xx

So basically Ann ordered the chair on Saturday the delivery guy knocked on her door. Ann was in but busy at the time seeing the driver walk away from her front door, she thought she’d open the door and bring the parcel in, in a little while. When she opened the door she found the large box containing the chair, which was wet through as it was pouring down. So she doesn’t know how she manage to put it together as it says requires two persons to assemble. But she has had to take it out of the box because it was all wet.

I am sorry to read you are struggling more with your health Loopy, I have MS and some other issues myself and it can be miserable. That woman had a nerve to do what she did and I am so glad you put the kybosh on her antics. I would feel vulnerable too if my photo's and personal details were put "out there" by some random stranger. I think eBay have rules against using photographs and other peiople's personal details but getting them to remove these things is a faff and they just want the money I think you will have no trouble selling it on yourself for a good price, buyer collects and get all the cash upfront. Could anybody else help you with selling the furniture as t sounds like too big a project if you are poorly? Hang in there xx
Bless you, Ballerina, thank you! 😘

Yes things extra bad at the moment and not being helped by just insane levels of insomnia - regularly up for 32-36 hours straight now with then 2 or 3 hours sleep after...
Which of course knocks on to all symptoms!

I’m so sorry you’re battling MS and other issues - amazing you manage to be a nurse too... (Both my parents started out as nurses and am always in awe of you all!
Mum has autoimmune disease and know how hard that was with shift work and us children etc... my hero!

You take care too!

Yes it was a right saga and stress with the garden furniture. It now looks less good too bc it sat outside half of last summer waiting and then unable to get help to move it...

Yes eBay has rules but no real come back!

Lady did apologise in the end...

But do want it gone now and the cash!

Am hoping mum will be freer in summer to try again... poor lady!

Thanks again x

There was a national shortage of garden furniture last year (!) because of the shipping issues...

You’re right it must’ve been really hard for small businesses...
Esp combined with covid :(

Even online you couldn’t find any furniture - my friends placed two orders with different retailers and spent whole summer on wait list - both had said 8 weeks...

Neither ever arrived of course.

It did mean that second hand sets we’re going for crazy money - eBay was on fire!

We decided to sell my Bramblecrest set.
It’s gorgeous and I got it ex display at an auction, but sadly been too ill to be outside using it at all...
And the big armchairs I can hardly move to sit in now!

Anyway this lady bought it (via my mum on Gumtree...), and within 2 days of deposit - not having owning it yet! - I found she had listed it on eBay using MY photos (of my garden etc!) and my details! 😳

The cheek and I felt quite vulnerable so we ended up cancelling the sale...

Trouble is it’s still sitting in my garage now (takes up about half!)

I’d love to sell it and get an egg chair or swing - my mum has a two person egg chair - and i love the faux rattan effect of it, but it doesn’t weather brilliantly...
Mine is a heavy polyester densely woven canvas. I do have a cover for it and keep the huge cushion indoors.

Last year I got a lovely small set from Scotts of Stow two tub chairs with cushions and a small table, light and easy to move & they can be stored interlocking together, but I haven’t had to do that.They we’re as QVC would say on advanced order but were delivered no problem when they said they were due.

Latest posts

Back