In the Salon with SBC - TSV 27/09/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SBC TSV - 27th September - Any ideas?

Anyone know whats in this tsv? Really need some propolis gel - hope that will be part of it.
Cheers

Anyone know whats in this tsv? Really need some propolis gel - hope that will be part of it.
Cheers

Hi Scruff, do you mind if I ask how effective this really is? For the last few months I've been putting it in and out of my basket as I'm undecided if the reviews are to be believed. Is it sticky, does it smell of furniture polish, is it made from bee vomit??

More importantly, does it help damaged skin? I know if I get it and don't like it I'll keep it because of the hassle involved in returning it. Currently I have 3 items under investigation - 2 missing on their way back to Knowsley and 1 that never reached me - so I'm expecting " the letter" any day now!

I swear by both propolis and arnica from SBC. Am hoping good old arnica will be in this one as I'm running low. The propolis is amazing on damaged skin. My OH scraped his arm badly a while ago and it made a nasty gash and bruised so I put arnica on for the bruising and the propolis on the wound (it was a dry wound) and it healed up in less than 3 days. Even I was impressed and I already think it's brill, having used it lots for my eczema prone skin and round throat area to ward off colds. It does have it's own smell but I quite like it. Arnica is my fail safe for aches, sprains and bruises.

Whatever it claims to be it will primarily be water, alcohol and glycerine. It will also be sticky and artificially coloured. That's what SBC does.

Whatever it claims to be it will primarily be water, alcohol and glycerine. It will also be sticky and artificially coloured. That's what SBC does.

Thanks for the advice - haven't used this range. I am concerned about the ingredients as I don't want to use anything containing alcohol.

I tried a 99% natural aloe vera gel from the chemist - allegedly made just from the centre of aloe leaves rather than the wooshed up skin - and it did more harm than good. Dried to a crispy shell!!

Sorry "disenchanted" for taking so long to reply. I only use the Arnica and the Propolis from SBC and I wouldn't be without either. My old dad has thin skin on his legs and is always bumping them. I mix the Arnica and Propolis together and apply to his legs. The doctor is amazed with the results. He doesn't need his legs bandaged anymore. I apply every night now. I can't say it will work for everyone but it works for us. Alcohol or no alcohol in it - if it works its good enough for me.

Another SBC fan here - arnica (bruises), propolis (sore skin), aloe vera (burns), collagen (mix with decleor system corps), echinacea (helps me breathe when I have a cold) and jasmine evening primrose gels in particular.
The SBC shower gels smell fab, love the collagen and the jasmine ones.

Has anyone else had success (or failure) using the propolis gel on eczema?. I'm tempted to buy just to try it for this.

Thanks

I am never without Propolis gel or Arnica. I have really tiny tubes which I keep in my handbag and use the minute I get a bite or a knock and litre bottles we keep in the house.My husband uses Arnica daily on his knees, which seize up, and the Arnica seems to release them. I have used Propolis on all sorts of scars and skin conditions and Arnica is magic at healing bruises. They are so pleasant to use, too. 40 years ago, I used Arnica on my children's knocks and scrapes.It was just as effective then, but came in a tin and was a thick green paste which stank to high heaven.
If I get a mozzie bite, I use propolis immediately and no longer get the swelling and oozing I used to get.
The shower gels are lovely and last for ages.
I don't care if they contain alcohol and glycerine as I don't have a sensitivity to either. The important thing for me is that they work.:up::rock:

I agree completely with Artemis about the Propolis & Arnica
Wouldn't be without the Propolis. I get eczema & put it on immediately I feel a flare up, it soothes & stops it flaring

The Arnica definitely helps with aches & bruising. I have a wonky ankle that has been broken twice in the past & it helps with the ache it often has & frees it up to be more mobile. I had a bad fall in the spring, went mad with the Arnica straight away. My legs hurt like mad for a fortnight after but I got no sympathy at all as they never came up in bruises even though they felt like they should be black & blue!

As well as my earlier post re the wonders of propolis and arnica, I agree with Artemis and Breeze too. Just been to Venice and was bitten by some mozzies (fortunately not too many) and used the propolis on them and it has been brill. I use it on my eczema and have had success with that too. The arnica is great to release muscle ache - I have back pain from breast cancer tumours in my spine that press on nerves and then affect the muscles. Plastering arnica on helps a lot and I use it with the knowledge and approval of my consultant.

Another vote for the arnica and propolis - my mum is in her seventies and prior to using the arnica she regularly had aches and pains that were bad enough to visit the doctor. I convinced her to give arnica a go and of course she still gets the aches and pains but she is adamant that they go away much quicker when she uses the arnica. I don't really care if this is just because she believes they will or not, it works and makes her feel better.

I find the jasmine and evening primrose is brilliant on any little rashes or skin sensitivity I get, when I first tried it I was convinced that it wouldn't work and was pretty amazed that it did.

Every time people ask about arnica, I have to post. Used it for years and always will. Yesterday I was rushing into a room and banged my arm in the doorway, wow it hurt so much, immediately got my arnical gel and slapped it on, minutes later no pain. There was slight bruising for a few hours later but today nothing, no bruise, signs or pain and it hurt so much when it happened I nearly cried. Now Propolis on the other hand, I really wanted it to work but it doesn't do much for me at all, I've tried it on lots of different ailments suited for it and had hardly any effect and on different people too. So Yes to arnica but No to propolis for me.

Just seen the preview for this. Am not interested in SBC but just wanted to say Ali is looking fab!! Why? She is in a plain red dress and her hair has some body and her make-up looks good. Plain, simple, unfussy clothes are definitely her thing. Good on you girl!! :)

"Apply propolis all over your body before you go out in the winter" says the guest.

Th reason for doing so wasn't explained. I'd like to know the reason, plus even the teensiest smidgeon of hard evidence to back it up.

Oh.... The ingredients:
Aqua
Alcohol Denat
Glycerin
Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Propolis Wax
Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate crosspolymer
Triethanolamine
Polysorbate-20
Styrene/PVP Copolymer
Parfum
C.I. 15985
C.I. 19140
C.I. 14700
C.I. 17200
C.I. 42090
Benzyl Alcohol
Methylchloroisothiazolinone
Methylisothiazolinone
Benzyl Benzoate
Hydroxy Citronellal
Coumarin
Alpha-Isomethyl ionone

There's a hell of a lot of stuff in that list which hasn't been squidged out of a bees bumhole.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back