Is it over yet?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Christmas. I mean. Gee Q are milking it for all it is worth. Will there be ANY show between now and 25th which will not be CHristmas themed?

I'm fed up with the gifting already. I nearly want the old bridesmaid's gifts back.

As for those light things I can only say that the only excuse for buying is young children in the house or a funeral undertakers (my opinion of course ) as they are total tat.

Christmas. I mean. Gee Q are milking it for all it is worth. Will there be ANY show between now and 25th which will not be CHristmas themed?

I'm fed up with the gifting already. I nearly want the old bridesmaid's gifts back.

As for those light things I can only say that the only excuse for buying is young children in the house (my opinion of course ) as they are total tat.

I'm absolutely loving the QVC Christmas mania! Every time I look on the channel thing and a show includes "gifts" that's me moving on to find something elsewhere to watch, or getting up off the couch and finding something else to do. This keeps on all the way up to christmas ... happy me, and happy bank balance!

I'm hoping this forum will give me the heads up to anything I might genuinely wish to buy, without watching the tinselled-up studio... and also anything worth tuning into for other reasons.

I only turn over in rare moments to QVC, but whenever I do, it's that advert for themselves which is playing dah-dah-dah-deedy-dah. How can anyone watch a full programme, never mind a full evening, and have that blarting out?

I can't even look at the website advertising the two day Christmas event now because I am getting obsessed by why the 'father's' hair does not fit his face, and he has some black smudging around his jaw, which is too smooth to be fashionable stubble, more like a rub-over with a lump of coal. I suspect, from the peculiar colour of the children as well, that it is some terrible photoshop thing gone wrong.

Last edited:

As for those light things I can only say that the only excuse for buying is young children in the house or a funeral undertakers (my opinion of course ) as they are total tat.

I was thinking that perhaps the Tens incontinence machine which the enthusiastic lady demonstrator says gives women better orgasms might not make it as a Christmas show. But then I remembered how Charlie goes bright red when she talks about sex, and realised QVC could shove him on top of some fake snow and pretend he's a robin.

Don't they realise that there are a lot of people who don't have a family around them and don't want happy family pictures rammed down their throats. Its not just QVC, its everywhere these days. I wonder how many people actually have families like QVC portray. Not everybody likes Christmas and they should think of the people who don't and tone down all this happy clappy stuff. Humbug.

I'm not a Christmas person but appreciate I am in a very small minority so I am more than happy for Christmas to have it rammed down my throat all December but dear lord they have been at it for weeks now and it isn't even the end of October.

Don't they realise that there are a lot of people who don't have a family around them and don't want happy family pictures rammed down their throats. Its not just QVC, its everywhere these days. I wonder how many people actually have families like QVC portray. Not everybody likes Christmas and they should think of the people who don't and tone down all this happy clappy stuff. Humbug.

I agree. These days there are more split families than anything else, children spending one day with Mum and next day with Dad and his partner, then its the turn of one set of parents for Xmas and the others for NY, and its piling all the kids in the car for 4 hours with grandparents before its time to set off back home. The first Christmas for many widows and widowers on their own so feel like a spare part even in the company of their own kids; then taking time out to visit the elderly relative who's in a Home, or having to fetch them to your house for Xmas lunch; and then there are the ones who are totally on their own, some by choice, others who aren't.

Today's advertising 'happy grinning family' scenario giving the dream of what Xmas should be like, is rather like the Christmas cards when I was young - Victorian scenes of snowy Hansom cabs and Carol singers in bonnets under a gas light.

Aint Christmas grand !

I love Christmas but please - just let it be Christmas and not the whole of October and November as well. And remember what Christmas is all about - and that isn't spending and "gifting".

I don`t watch any of the Christmas shows, in fact as soon as they start all the Christmas gifting palava, I simply don`t tune in at all. My TV has an off switch and I use it and live in a comparatively Christmas free zone until much nearer to December 25th.
Of course when the tv Christmas advertisements begin, it will be harder to avoid all the hype but until then, life ticks over as per normal and QVC can carry on as they choose and minus my company.

I love Christmas but please - just let it be Christmas and not the whole of October and November as well. And remember what Christmas is all about - and that isn't spending and "gifting".

I personally find that their 6 month 'run up to Christmas', constant jabbering on about 'gifting' & the endless stream of cheap tat 'Xmas must haves' actually have the opposite of the desired effect & reinforce that very thought, for me anyway!

:mysmilie_61:

I'm in the same boat. I do like to decorate my house although nobody really sees it - my siblings and their families are far too busy.

I'm in the same boat. I do like to decorate my house although nobody really sees it - my siblings and their families are far too busy.

Oh that's a bit poo! :sad:

(Not your decorating efforts obviously, I'm sure they're quite marvellous!) :doh:

Maybe you could post pics in the Drop or something, I hate doing Xmas decos, I'd much rather admire somebody else's efforts! :mysmilie_852:

if you weren`t sick of all the Christmas hype you will be now months before the event!! ...not seen anything that is remotely Christmassy that wasn`t cheap and nasty tat !!

I think this every year, you are not on your own! Every weekend seems to be a Christmas gift weekend it's getting boring!

Don't worry QVC still have a good 7 weeks plus to continue to milk it.

I tend to ignore Christmas, have 99% of my presents bought in the sales in January or summer. Do get a brief Christmas feel of being jolly, which comes and then goes pretty quickly. Christmas is really for children as adults we can't help but revert to the pagan festival of lets party and eat.

I only channel hop on to QVC now and again so I avoid their Christmas frenzy, I do love Christmas but dont shop on QVC. I'm lucky enough to have my own lovely little family, I'm truly blessed, but can imagine it's hard on those people who are alone and have no one, QVC should really spare a thought for others this time of year, because believe it or not QVC, that's what Christmas is about too.

No, no, no, everyone - we're all wrong!
This is what the spirit of Christmas is ... all together now ....... credit cards ready ......

:song:
doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo
doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo doo-doo-di-doo
/ :song:

Some of their promotional stuff is dire, isn't it? I used to roar with laughter at the one where one of the presenters was pictured standing in a pristine kitchen, or sitting in an all-white, spotless lounge, tapping away at their electronic devices to place orders on Q-cut! It's the all-white background environment I find so amusing - it would be all black by now, if it were my house. The old "Through the Keyhole" TV programme line "Who lives in a house like this?" used to go through my mind - who indeed?

I only turn over in rare moments to QVC, but whenever I do, it's that advert for themselves which is playing dah-dah-dah-deedy-dah. How can anyone watch a full programme, never mind a full evening, and have that blarting out?

I can't even look at the website advertising the two day Christmas event now because I am getting obsessed by why the 'father's' hair does not fit his face, and he has some black smudging around his jaw, which is too smooth to be fashionable stubble, more like a rub-over with a lump of coal. I suspect, from the peculiar colour of the children as well, that it is some terrible photoshop thing gone wrong.

Latest posts

Back