JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years ago I used to like watching her. She'd ask sensible questions and listen to answers. Now, I turn the sound down and fast-forward as I can't stand the giggling me-me-me style she's developed.

Julia was on at teatime she looked ghastly in that striped maxi dress. It looked like a deck chair on a windy day. She looked enormous.

It’s bad at the top but you really need to look at full length to see just how awful it is - and stripes are supposed to be slimming?

It was bad from top to bottom. I think Julia is struggling to find her style and getting it wrong. As others have commented the very black hair is rather severe.

She has to choose between
1) Hide her body
2) Show her body

But not just inbetween; it makes it worse

Although the Italian TV host Tina Cipollari - look her up - chose to hide her body. Not the best way, I believe.

Last edited:
I thought the top of the dress also looked poor on Maxine & she looks wonderful in everything. In addition the sleeves looked more fitted on both models, however, Queen Julia's looked looser so was it really a 12..?

Yesterday I just couldn’t believe what I was continually subjected to rather than the gardening products on offer, it was all about Julia’s garden.
The size of her garden, the size of her lawn, she’s never been camping in a tent but has been in a caravan, having no electric in her shed, the plants in her garden, the delivery of the TSV lawn mover for her to try, the conversation she had previously with Gtech about their original mower, the hoover mower she had given to Sophie cause it didn’t do stripes and she didn’t want it to chew up her lawn.
The fact she has a gardener every two weeks, the laying of her new lawn with the addition of stepping stones, the length of time it takes to cut her lawn, the fern she dug up, the gardener advising she sell her fern rather than just throwing it away, the decision to keep and then the moving of the fern, the signs that her fern had taken in its new position in her garden, she lives in a victorian house, the bay trees she’d bought and put in pots either side of her front door.
I’m sure to have missed off the loads, but stuff was coming thick and fast.
And no QVC I didn’t purchase a thing, I was far too busy being amazed at the sheer boastfulness and self absorption of your presenter.
Her delusional behaviour totally at odds against what she was on air to do, I found flabbergasting and why no one dare guide her back to the items she was to sell, was unreal.

Verbal diarrhoea, all of it. So she wanted her daughter’s lawn chewed up then instead? Why would she want a mower if she has a gardener every two weeks, don’t they bring their own tools? Ferns were the first plants on earth, they need respect.

Well i think we have all seen enough of her over the years, espeically the male presenters and guests who she seems to always flirt with and have her big boobs out on show for and for her male fan club. Dare i go down the pilates outfits line...time to cover up, ease down on the jet black hair dye and actually present the products and not yourself.

That was in reference to mateys comment about her needing to choose to show off her body or cover up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look at Queen Julia in the striped maxi yesterday, she mentioned the Monsoon launch & showed photos from her blog. Interesting to read that she wore a size 14 because there was NO STRETCH, she also said that she really liked the one on the right - wedding dress style?
https://blogs.qvcuk.com/ten-of-the-best-in-beauty-for-me-that-is/

With reference to that blog she shared a photo with the viewers and the guest of herself as a backing singer on Eurovision. As she did so she put on an act of becoming all coy about it. Who are you kidding Julia? You posted the photo, you pointed it out on screen, you are a show off. It may not bother some people but all this posting of photos by some presenters from their twenties/thirties shows how needy they are. It makes me uncomfortable, my mother is a complete narcissist and a nightmare and she never ceases to share old photographs and tells anyone who will listen that she was the prettiest girl in her village......... she was always like that, it hasn’t come with old age. That’s probably why I cannot abide these show offs. If you are stunning, talented, clever it will be obvious to all, you don’t have to tell people, they will see it for themselves.

With reference to that blog she shared a photo with the viewers and the guest of herself as a backing singer on Eurovision. As she did so she put on an act of becoming all coy about it. Who are you kidding Julia? You posted the photo, you pointed it out on screen, you are a show off. It may not bother some people but all this posting of photos by some presenters from their twenties/thirties shows how needy they are. It makes me uncomfortable, my mother is a complete narcissist and a nightmare and she never ceases to share old photographs and tells anyone who will listen that she was the prettiest girl in her village......... she was always like that, it hasn’t come with old age. That’s probably why I cannot abide these show offs. If you are stunning, talented, clever it will be obvious to all, you don’t have to tell people, they will see it for themselves.

The problem with people in the "entertainment world" (past or present) can't seem to recognise the difference between real life & the "stage life" that they create when they are performing. I have never been a show off, quite the opposite but I do think these people must be really needy & desperate to act in the way that they do eg posting old photos when they were younger, slimmer, prettier etc. Who gives a s**t? I am sure most of us think that of ourselves when we look back at our younger selves but I certainly don't ram them down other peoples throats begging them to compliment me! It is so draining having friends like this in fact, the friends I DID have who had this trait are no longer in my circle of friends. I like genuine people who are great company & fun to be with, not egotistical wannabes!

It gets me when you see professional photos at least 10 plus years being used to promote current events (columnists are particularly bad at using old photos to head magazine articles). Your first thought is how old they look and who do they think they are kidding whereas if it was a current photo you might very possibly comment that they are looking really well nowadays.

Same with those who can’t let go of the 80/90’s look (and not in a vintage way), think of loose women types and cruise singers.

She is a narcissist imo along with a lot of so called celebs. They have a dread of not being talked about. A woman of her age acting all coy and flirting is embarassing that's why the few times I see QVC and Ms Robert's is on tv soon goes off.

To maintain my sanity & stop wasting my life I'm going to stop reading the blogs these wannabe celebs, aka sales assistants, post for our delight. Latest lovefest is for Ickle Claire, a woman who's obviously struggling now that her kids are teens with all the hormonal angst of those years. People are falling over themselves to write the most sickly instagram posts calling her every complimentary adjective in the English language & Ms Everton wrote this: 'And when I have children it’s you I’m turning to for advice! You’re the best Mummy in the world!!! ❤️' Good grief.

To maintain my sanity & stop wasting my life I'm going to stop reading the blogs these wannabe celebs, aka sales assistants, post for our delight. Latest lovefest is for Ickle Claire, a woman who's obviously struggling now that her kids are teens with all the hormonal angst of those years. People are falling over themselves to write the most sickly instagram posts calling her every complimentary adjective in the English language & Ms Everton wrote this: 'And when I have children it’s you I’m turning to for advice! You’re the best Mummy in the world!!! ❤️' Good grief.

I couldn’t agree with you more but I have to confess that I am strangely drawn to those blogs. They are so awful and I look to see if they can sink to an even lower level of ghastliness. If they think that they are impressing their readers I for one am far from impressed. For me their function is to provide some comedic value.

Latest posts

Back