Julia's New Shoes!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Her problem is simple in my opinion. She invites comments on her appearance.If she didn't mention her looks all the time she wouldn't get half the stick she does on here.

If it's a decleor show she's presenting,we have to hear how good her hands are for a woman over 50, she disguises her need for compliments by bigging up the handcream. If it's Gatineau she'll mention how lucky she is not to have many wrinkles. She rarely fails to mention how old she is, or her size so that her fawning minions on the show can go really you look amazing, cue lots of hair flicking and giggling.

Granted she looks very good for a woman 50 plus but not a lot better or worse than thousands of other women.I couldn't care less whether she's a size small or XXL but what bugs me is the constant fishing for compliments.

So true!!

I remember when she was on with Keeley from Elemis and she had said to Julia that she could tell she had been using the Pro Collagen neck and bust treatment and then it turned into the JR show.

Going off topic of the new shoes but I have to say I find the Elemis Keeley and Julia shows so very hard to watch and stomach.
I find them full of Julia thanking Keeley for the products she has provided for her, the treatments she's done on her, asking for more new stuff and complaining if there's something that has escaped her.
On the other hand Keeley continues to comment thoughout the show how good Julia is looking with the use of her products.
Strange but true but I thought I was watching to learn about the products and if they are suitable for myself.
In fact a recent Elemis weekend were Julia was doing most of the shows I turned off every show. :yawn:

Quiet agree. She askes for it.

Again, couldn't resist ramming it down our throats that she was in a small. Yes, we've got the message Julia, YOU WEAR A SMALL:headbang: Shame you don't seem to see what we see. Too tight fitting, bulging out your clothes etc.

That should be written on her headstone.

Orange peel looks more yummy lol

Hate to admit this but I find myself nibbling at orange peel now and then. I once lost my eye-brows and my husband was convinced that there was some sort of chemical on the peel that made them drop out.

Just thought that i would share that with you all.

I have eye-brows now by the way.

:clapping:

Max Wall.

Though in her defence I am guessing she is doing pilates sometime tonight...I actually think she looks ace in the jacket, just not with the leggings...

I thought that the jacket suited her too though is was a bit snug around the busom. The trousers/leggings were a bit of a let down though as were the much maligned sandals.

Max Wall.

Though in her defence I am guessing she is doing pilates sometime tonight...I actually think she looks ace in the jacket, just not with the leggings...

Sadly the zip leggings are not her Pilates wear they are infact her regular presenting wear, teamed with an assortment of other clothing coupled with the toepost black wedges.

Trouble is, she adopts a 'look' - currently the zip leggings - and then wears it to death, no matter how unflattering. Remember the kaftans and the gypsy skirts? :grin: As far as the foot wear is concerned, I think she should have it written into her contract that she has to wear teeteringly high platforms a la Daphne Guinness at Alexander McQueen's recent memorial service :whew:

She's been doing the legging look with everything since the mention of skinny jeans trending into the legging look. :yawn:
At the time I recall her mentioning finding some black leggings at home she had previously worn years ago for yoga, think it was and showing Sophie's friend who was round at the time.
I think they still do get a little look in when the zips are in the wash.

Her problem is simple in my opinion. She invites comments on her appearance.If she didn't mention her looks all the time she wouldn't get half the stick she does on here.

If it's a decleor show she's presenting,we have to hear how good her hands are for a woman over 50, she disguises her need for compliments by bigging up the handcream. If it's Gatineau she'll mention how lucky she is not to have many wrinkles. She rarely fails to mention how old she is, or her size so that her fawning minions on the show can go really you look amazing, cue lots of hair flicking and giggling.

Granted she looks very good for a woman 50 plus but not a lot better or worse than thousands of other women.I couldn't care less whether she's a size small or XXL but what bugs me is the constant fishing for compliments.

You've got it in a nutshell, LE Lover. She just comes across to me as a rather vain person with a large ego, so I am not surprised she gets more stick than any other presenter.

I quite agree.

I used to like her, but she's getting rather too smug nowadays. I can't think of any other presenter who talks about their appearance so much. :yawn:

Out of interest, I wonder what she's like behind the scenes at QVC?

I think JR has Narcisstic Personality Disorder. She shows all the signs. This is a universally acknowledged affliction which causes all kinds of disruption.
These are the traits:

1. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love,
2. believes that he or she is "special" and unique,
3. requires excessive admiration,
4. has a sense of entitlement,
5. is interpersonally exploitative,
6. lacks empathy,
7. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her,
8. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
9. has a grandiose sense of self-importance,

Do we recognise anybody?

Just a thought, though I do watch less QVC these days, but haven't heard any fawning phone calls lately, "Oh Julia, lovely to talk to you, you are my favourite presenter, you look lovely tonight, what shampoo do you use, what face cream do you use, what is the colour or your nail varnish? ? ? ? ? ?" etc. etc. etc. Maybe, as prev. said, she talks so much about herself that all this info is furnished to anybody interested enough. Or, horror of horrors, people are really going off her.

:giggle::smirk::wait:

Julia thinks she maybe in a Hollywood Movie next year :giggle:

As taken from her blog :

On TV and now in the movies??

"Sorry I didn't blog last week but I decided to grab a few days away before a very hectic end of September and October. We managed to get a very 'affordable' charter flight to Spain so packed our hand luggage and went for a week of sunshine after the dismal summer we've endured here!

Although I wasn't on air, I knew that Daniel was demonstrating the Abdoer Twist so I turned on the TV to see how he was doing - he has been having some physio on his knee lately so it's a great machine for him to be able to work his abs. Well it sold out so I guess you guys like the machine too!

Later in the evening I rang home to tell him we had watched and he said, "Did you see Sophie?" Puzzled, I said no, and he told me to turn on the TV cos she was on 'again'! It turns out that there was no model booked for the later airings of the Today's Special Value which was an epilator. As Sophie uses one at home she was apparently the perfect 'stand-in'. It was a bit weird - I wasn't on QVC but both my children were... do you think they are after my job??

We didn't really watch much TV after that - after all, we can do that at home. It's just lovely to be able to relax in the sunshine and look out to the sparkling sea and all the vessels of various sizes close in or far away on the horizon and imagine where they are en route to, and what cargo they may be carrying.

A couple of days before we came home a beautiful sailing yacht came into the bay and, rather than sailing past, it seemed to be sailing up and down almost as though it was looking for something. That went on all day, which was a bit strange. Then the next day it was back and so was a bright red salvage vessel! This needed closer investigation with the binoculars. There were loads of people standing on the deck of the yacht, but I couldn't really make out what they were doing.

It transpires that they were shooting some scenes from the latest Bruce Willis movie, apparently about an American boy going missing while on holiday with his parents in Spain. So I'm wondering, were they pointing the cameras into shore when some weird woman in a lavender sundress was checking them out with her binoculars? Maybe there will be another Julia Roberts in a Hollywood movie... albeit a 'bit' part!!!! Have any of you ever seen yourselves in the background of a film or TV show?

Well, I'm back to work and raring to go for a very busy few weeks. We have our Beauty Day on Sunday - watch out for the maximum Easy Pays - and then a Pilates TSV Monday midnight and into Tuesday. Want to get yourself looking and feeling good by Christmas then give it a go, it has really helped me.

Much love,
Julia xx "

Now we all know her luxury sea view villa with with infinity pool was where she was looking from her binoculars
http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p422140

But was she wearing her black zip leggings and toe post wedges with her lavender sundress ?

:giggle:

I think JR has Narcisstic Personality Disorder. She shows all the signs. This is a universally acknowledged affliction which causes all kinds of disruption.
These are the traits:

1. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love,
2. believes that he or she is "special" and unique,
3. requires excessive admiration,
4. has a sense of entitlement,
5. is interpersonally exploitative,
6. lacks empathy,
7. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her,
8. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
9. has a grandiose sense of self-importance,

Do we recognise anybody?

Excellent diagnosis Professor Rosielinks. I concur.
:up:

Latest posts

Back