Kathy Tayler

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a very good size 8 :YIKES: I hate these threads about Kathy's weight. :mad: Look, she's 49 and carrying a few extra pounds so what!!?? :rolleyes: Someone earlier said she has a beautiful face and looks many years younger than her age and that is absolutely spot on imho and she genuinely seems a lovely person, I bet she'd be a bluddy good friend to have in your corner. When I look at scraggy Franks and Keenan who both look years older than their ages, I know who I'd choose to look like. :rolleyes: :pPC:

I'm a 'good size 8' :tea:

and I'm a truly excellent size 6 Mrs J.

I so agree with Sue about this thread. So many slim ladies are taking some kind of moral highground, and seem to think they are somehow superior to those of us with rounder (sexier) proportions.

Argey :5:

I'm a size 8........feet, that is!! As for the rest, well, shall we say 'generous'?

I love Kathy, she's the type that I'd love to have as a friend. smiling, friendly, a good and caring mum and normal, unlike some of the presenters.

i'm not keen on Kathy's presenting style, nothing to do with her weight or anything else about her looks, I just don't like the um, ah, erm, um, as I don't find it professional. And, although I am slim, I certainly don't regard myself as being superior to anyone else just because they are heavier than me. I think it's also important to point out that just as not every heavier lady is jolly and friendly and fab friend material, not every slim lady is sour and humourless with a face that's 100 times older than her body. Speaking for myself, I'm slim, ageing reasonably well facially, make a good friend, and have summat of a humorous bent, and by 'eck, it gives me gyp from time to time...

I agree with you Iclaudipuss, it doesn't matter what the presenter looks like its how they present. Personally I don't care for Kathy Taylors presenting nor Claudia or Jill Franks and they are all different shapes and sizes.

i'm not keen on Kathy's presenting style, nothing to do with her weight or anything else about her looks, I just don't like the um, ah, erm, um, as I don't find it professional. And, although I am slim, I certainly don't regard myself as being superior to anyone else just because they are heavier than me. I think it's also important to point out that just as not every heavier lady is jolly and friendly and fab friend material, not every slim lady is sour and humourless with a face that's 100 times older than her body. Speaking for myself, I'm slim, ageing reasonably well facially, make a good friend, and have summat of a humorous bent, and by 'eck, it gives me gyp from time to time...[/QUOTE]

Cm'ere Claudipuss, I'll fix it for ya :4:

i'm not keen on Kathy's presenting style, nothing to do with her weight or anything else about her looks, I just don't like the um, ah, erm, um, as I don't find it professional. And, although I am slim, I certainly don't regard myself as being superior to anyone else just because they are heavier than me. I think it's also important to point out that just as not every heavier lady is jolly and friendly and fab friend material, not every slim lady is sour and humourless with a face that's 100 times older than her body. Speaking for myself, I'm slim, ageing reasonably well facially, make a good friend, and have summat of a humorous bent, and by 'eck, it gives me gyp from time to time...[/QUOTE]

Cm'ere Claudipuss, I'll fix it for ya :4:

Now I'm frightened and I'll have to change me moniker to iscaredypuss...

I'm a 'good size 8' :tea:

Course you are :54:

I'm a very good size 8 :YIKES: I hate these threads about Kathy's weight. :mad: Look, she's 49 and carrying a few extra pounds so what!!?? :rolleyes: Someone earlier said she has a beautiful face and looks many years younger than her age and that is absolutely spot on imho and she genuinely seems a lovely person, I bet she'd be a bluddy good friend to have in your corner. When I look at scraggy Franks and Keenan who both look years older than their ages, I know who I'd choose to look like. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Well said, she seems a nice lady

I think Kathy looks fine.She is a lovely attrective woman IMHO

I think we should start a thread about how prematurely grey Dale is and how far receeding Anthony's hair line is,or does Julian have a beer belly.

Kathy is definitely fat she does not have a 'normal' figure. Fat is a huge problem in this country and the main cause of disease such as diabetes. Midlle age spread is not a valid excuse for excess weight. Diet and excercise are the two most important things for a healthy life.

so I guess you are one of those people who have never had a weight problem. One of my so called best mates, has a problem with anyone over a size 12 and is always commenting on when I and an other friend put weight on, which is hurtful when you are trying your dammned hardest to cut down on food . We arent all the same, as you say fat is a huge problem in this country, so that must mean Kathy's figure is probably more normal that most

Tall, Short, Thin, Overweight.. we are all different, I am above ground and breathing...... so I am happy...:1:

There is always the chance she has a thyroid problem too. This seems to happen to lots of women coming up to the big M, which means no matter how you try the weight won't go.

I think Kathy is a good representation of real women. We're all constantly seeing stick thin models and worrying about our teenagers becoming anorexic as a result of magazines promoting the "size zero". Good luck to you if you are naturally thin and can eat your own body weight in chocolate without putting on an ounce. Some of us struggle with our weight like Kathy and good on her for getting out there and doing her job and showing us that we don't have to hide away just because we're a little overweight. I wish I had her confidence to stand in front of a camera knowing people are critisizing her for her apperance. Good on you Kathy! You go girl - sorry just had an Oprah moment!!

I like Kathy; she's natural and seems more genuine than some of the other presenters. I don't care what size she is, or anyone else is. It's what counts on the inside that matters, surely?

I think Kathy is a good representation of real women. We're all constantly seeing stick thin models and worrying about our teenagers becoming anorexic as a result of magazines promoting the "size zero". Good luck to you if you are naturally thin and can eat your own body weight in chocolate without putting on an ounce. Some of us struggle with our weight like Kathy and good on her for getting out there and doing her job and showing us that we don't have to hide away just because we're a little overweight. I wish I had her confidence to stand in front of a camera knowing people are critisizing her for her apperance. Good on you Kathy! You go girl - sorry just had an Oprah moment!!

Too right Catkins.

I'm not a fan of Kathy's presenting style but don't knock her for her weight. I caught Loose Women last week and half the panel had admitted to having minor cosmetic surgery... those who don't go down the surgery/drastic weight loss route need to be aired more, and showed that they are the norm.

Thank you for this post, Catkins.

I hardly ever post on here, but I have lurked for years and I still read the threads evey day. This thread is ignorant imo and more than a little hurtful to Kathy. If QVC had a problem with her weight or presenting skills she wouldn't have been on ouir screens. I am an overweight and nervous person and I would hate to think that I am judged for that.

i'm not keen on Kathy's presenting style, nothing to do with her weight or anything else about her looks, I just don't like the um, ah, erm, um, as I don't find it professional. And, although I am slim, I certainly don't regard myself as being superior to anyone else just because they are heavier than me. I think it's also important to point out that just as not every heavier lady is jolly and friendly and fab friend material, not every slim lady is sour and humourless with a face that's 100 times older than her body. Speaking for myself, I'm slim, ageing reasonably well facially, make a good friend, and have summat of a humorous bent, and by 'eck, it gives me gyp from time to time...
This is the best post I have read on this thread I agree with all you say. It just annoys me when there is outcry if you refer to someone as fat but it seems it is ok to call people skinny, scrawny or wrinkly.

Latest posts

Back