Liz Earle - New Partnership

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You have to wonder now whether this was the real reason for the C&P formulation change - if this move was afoot? I don't know - maybe Avon said to her/them that they needed to find cheaper alternatives?

In any case she's had her last pennies from me - I won't buy from her again now she's sold out.

wonder if qvc will drop the brand now?

Was a LE lover for years although not currently.

Quite surprised shes sold her soul

Yes, rainbowdottie, I wonder if QVC will drop it. Personally, though, I'm not surprised she's sold her soul at all: she's a hardnosed businesswoman, who saw a business opportunity in these type of products, built up a brand, then sold it off to make her fortune. Her demeanor always gave me this impression, and that's probably what Alison Young has always seen...

:wink:

I have said before and will repeat. Liz is not Mother Theresa, she is a business woman always has been. Somone flashed the cash and she went for it, means she will get paid big money to just smile on the ad campaignes for the range.

Spot on Donna! Thanks! :clapping:

I love the LE products and I do use them. I can understand wanting to move the company forward, but at what price? I don't mean financially!! On Facebook the LE Team keep saying that nothing will change. I hope not, as I will still use the brand, for the timebeing. But I can't help thinking at the end of the day she may have made a very big mistake!!

:mysmilie_516:

To be honest, Shopping if fun, imo the only price Liz cares about IS the financial one! The LE team will remain employed producing the stuff, and Liz will sit back and rub her hands with glee!

Just been on Avon website, their own range of "botanicals" are all reduced, guees they will be flogging them off as quick as they can ready for the big launch of Liz

I am shocked that Liz has sold to Avon - but to be honest, I think alot of people are a bit snooty about Avon and associate it with the Avon calling ads of the 80s.

Avon now produce a really good, scientifically based skin care range called Anew - I don't use it but a friend who has always used really expensive high end products, absolutely swears by their eye lift cream and other face creams.

I have dipped into Avon over the last year (forced to by the credit crunch) and adore their eye-liners (called glimmersticks). They are a bit like MP ones that you swivel up, but really long-lasting and smudgeproof.

Avon also do lots of freebies, special offers and free P&P deals - I recently had a sparkly lip gloss from them which was a 100 times better then a Laura Geller one in a TSV.

I'm not an Avon Rep (honest!) but I do like getting good value for money, and seeing beyond the hype. I have absolutely no doubt that AY could take a £5 cream sold by Avon, go on and on about it, and sell it for 6 times the amount and P&P!

Who knows what will happen to the LE range under Avon. I'm quite glad I started using A'kin a few months ago. I still adore superbalm and a few other LE products, and if Avon sell them at a good price, I will be buying them without any doubt!

On her "blog" she say's she will be "less visable" but behind the scenes,while Caroline etc host QVC and Customer Events. Does this mean that we have seen the last of her now on the Liz Earle shows and TSV's ( if there are any more TSV's )questions,questions,:confused:

On her "blog" she say's she will be "less visable" but behind the scenes,while Caroline etc host QVC and Customer Events. Does this mean that we have seen the last of her now on the Liz Earle shows and TSV's ( if there are any more TSV's )questions,questions,:confused:

Maykitten LE is not as visible due to her just giving birth - or that is how I read the below from her blog.

' As for me personally, my husband and I are also celebrating the arrival of a brand new, beautiful baby boy, literally just arrived! (which has also directed thoughts towards a mother and baby range at some point in the future…) so although not as visible as usual, I’m still very much present behind the scenes while our Customer Expert Caroline, Treatments Manager Jo and Senior Botanist Jennifer hold the fort at our customer events, talks and QVC shows.'

I realise that many people are disappointed that LE has been sold to Avon but aren't we better waiting to see what happens - I remember reading an article last year and it said that the company was looking for an investor so it's not come as a big surprise to me. I'll see if I can find a link and will post it.

LE is a strong business woman and so I am sure she made the decision carefully....I am not a huge fan of the products, but that said, I do believe in Liz's integrity and her reason for setting up the company. I have dipped into using a few Avon products and have to say I found them to be very good value, sent out quickly and their customer services are all very good also...I would bet that these elements all mattered when Liz was making the decision.

I have no idea how the sale will affect the product range, but hopefully injecting a nice financial boost, it will allow the range to expand and continue. I would be surprised if there will be any LE and Avon joint events and if LE products will ever be available through Avon...I suspect it will just be a behind the scenes thing that will happen and for as long as Liz is still part of the whole thing, good value products will continue to come through from the range...or I hope anyway!

So disappointed to read about this. I have looked at the Liz Earle page on Facebook and people are very angry about this. Many people are saying they won't be buying from Avon.

Interesting that the Avon page talks about a 100% acquisition not a 'partnership' as Liz does on her site. The Liz Earle team are going to be having a late night responding to all those negative comments!

I had already decided after ten years of using C&P to look for an alternative, mainly due to the new ingredients and decided to look at REN which used to be on QVC. They do a range for sensitive skin which I have been told is very good.

So will be buying much less LE in future. Strange timing as I am now finishing my last C&P today! :clock:

Liz Earle is a very astute business woman.Wealthy and ruthless...a bit like Jennifer Kirk without the glitter.
My lovely Mum told me never to trust anyone whose smile never reached their eyes...that's Liz to me,everybody's friend,but not really.

No suprise she's sold out,plus she's probably knackered with a new baby.

Liz Earle is a very astute business woman.Wealthy and ruthless...a bit like Jennifer Kirk without the glitter.
My lovely Mum told me never to trust anyone whose smile never reached their eyes...that's Liz to me,everybody's friend,but not really.

No suprise she's sold out,plus she's probably knackered with a new baby.

If she's like any of the women hot shots here definitely not. They have professional help and are back at their laptops hours after the big event. Nicola Horlick seems to have been the prototype.

Cant blame her for taking a huge chunk of cash although I would have liked her to have sold out to a British Company.........is nothing sacred anymore ? Cadbury's, LE, what next?

On Facebook the LE Team keep saying that nothing will change.

MMMM-but they said that C&P hadn't changed as well, didn't they? I am quite surprised by this. I am not 'down' on Avon as I have friends who swear by it and I have bought stuff over the years-used to use the skin so soft when I was horseriding, as insects don't seem to like the smell whilst it was very moisturising. I also think their sun creams are very good and well priced-it's one of theirs that I use on my youngest,the only one not to bring him out in a rash. It just seems such a strange collaboration as I have never thought of Avon as being 'beauty without cruelty',however if I'm wrong on that please correct me!

I have to admit that I think this may break my loyalty to the brand,will have to see. Will be annoyed if there isn't one last TSV,even though I really REALLY don't need anything,lol!

You could have knocked me down with a feather when I read about this.
I'm not bothered by who she sells out to but I've been wondering lately if LE products are actually as good as we're led to believe or do we fall for the hype?
LE is a brilliant and imo, mesmerising saleswoman. I think she goes deep into the psychology of selling, using words over and over like "plumping and firming, lifting and smoothing" She brings on all those pretty flowers and her oozing Aloe Vera plant that she's always slashing into:heartbroke: She inhales all her products deeply, sighing and rolling her eyes like a woman possessed.
Add to that the lighting effects that make her look about 25, her soothing voice and the fact that she's often colour co-ordinated to her products............have we been brainwashed I wonder?:cash::cash::cash:

I dont have an issue with buying avon or anyone else as long as the product works
i was an avid liz earle consumer but have not bought from her range now for 6 months as the last couple of batches of c and p were not effective and infact i came out in a rash i have changed to another brand now and happy with that
So i wont be buying from her direct or fher range via avon
Whatever they say they have changed the formulation otherwise why would my skin have suffered?
Your only as good as your product and imo its not good enough for me anymore

Little story for you all.

Back in the 90s a friend was an Avon rep, did very well got crystal vases etc for sales. She used to have a seperate booklet with Giorgio(sp) Beverly Hill fragrances. Gale Hayman started the brand with her husband. Now officially this brand was sold in department stores Red,Giorgio and Wings I believe where the perfumes. But my friend the Avon rep as I said had the seperate booklet with these and gift sets for sale at a good half the price they appeared in department stores. She told me Avon owned the Giorgio Beverly Hills brand, yet if you mentioned this to a sa in a department store selling the brand it was no way and basicily calling you a liar for even thinking that. Infact they swore Clarins distributed the brand.
But Avon did own Giorgio Bevely Hills and had done for a number of years. Avon sold the brand some years after that, so no idea who now owns it.

So I will say extra your Avon rep to have a seperate booklet with just the Liz Earle range in it. Also expect production to move to the US and out of the UK.

branding

donna you are absolutely right. i used to be an avon rep many years ago and there are a few other little product lines that were affiliated with avon.

avon is a multi billion pound brand.it has its basic lines and its more expensive skincare range.i had more positive results using avon than i have from elemis. love the smells and textures of elemis,decleor clarins but the products to me are littered with irritants/essential oils/perfumes and useles anit-ageing ingrediants.
i dont have sensitive skin but it has become so with years of use of so called high end products.

i do feel that there is a lot of snobbery whith skincare brands a kudos thing i suppose. but some of the most expensive brands that qvc sell are not better than avon top end products and are far more affordable and better results sometimes.

i have used many ranges over my nearly 5 decades of life the hard sell ridiculous claims and high prices do not always equate to the best...

Latest posts

Back