Lulu Time Bomb TSV 19/7/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Im a recent convert to Timebomb, love all the products I have tried so far and what a difference they have made to my skin x

Bought the last TSV - sorry, average products and made no difference to my skin at all. Returned. Everyone has different results I suppose.

I can't get beyond how Lulu appears to have had work done yet implies her products are responsible for her 'youthful' (plumped up, frozen) looks.

She's not a chemist nor a biologist or dermatologist - yet she claims to have created the recipes - hmmmm.

Anyone got a price for this TSV yet. Am I the only one who is looking forward to this lol xx

Why doesn't LuLu just cut out the middleman and call her product ME ...:sleepy::mysmilie_492:

Because its really a John Frieda range(developed and produced), and no matter what she says she is only the front to sell the products.

They have been showing old AB Fabs from the early to mid ninies on Gold lately. Lulu pops up in a number of episodes and looks older in them than she does now. I doubt very much its the Time Bomb range turning back time:mysmilie_15:

Never had any desire to use her stuff and, despite appearing to be offering the customer an unbelievable bargain, the Q has, strategically, played a blinder; QVC price £69.00 (would anyone actually pay that?), TSV price £39.98. Looks like a saving of £30. What will tomorrow's price be? If it comes in at an IP price of, say, £63 the Q is still getting more for it, than if it had just been introduced as a "new today" item, as there is no way anyone would pay over £70, including postage. Also, Lulu's skin is as good as it is, apparently, especially her eyes, because she uses this range, the eye cream. Does she think we have gullible printed on our foreheads? She told us she actually used to travel to the US to buy a certain cream, to which Jill replied "but did it work?", obviously intending to point out that we can get a cream which works on QVC, with no need to travel abroad to buy our skincare - how many people would travel to the US to buy their skin regime? - but, according to Lulu, it was okay, but no. So the botox had no effect, then? Why keep on having it? There are too many issues which are counterproductive to convincing me that this is an effective range, worth investing in.

Because its really a John Frieda range(developed and produced), and no matter what she says she is only the front to sell the products.

They have been showing old AB Fabs from the early to mid ninies on Gold lately. Lulu pops up in a number of episodes and looks older in them than she does now. I doubt very much its the Time Bomb range turning back time:mysmilie_15:

Yeah she's " pulled" back Time (bomb) :mysmilie_17:

Say what? I thought Lulu developed this range in close consultation with the chemist after years of mixing her own potions and lotions. I thought a JF minion did have some input to the hair products to ensure it delivered what she wanted from a shampoo. Are you telling me I have been taken in???? And naive????

Say what? I thought Lulu developed this range in close consultation with the chemist after years of mixing her own potions and lotions. I thought a JF minion did have some input to the hair products to ensure it delivered what she wanted from a shampoo. Are you telling me I have been taken in???? And naive????

No not naive but hype is a great way to sell products.

And since John was married to Lulu and they seem to be still on good terms after the divorce who better to front an anti aging range for the company. The chemist who comes on works for John Frieda's company.

Don't forget in the early days of Time Bomb Lulu sat there and told us she had for years mixed her own oils and potions and Time Bomb came from that.

Here you go:

Federici Brands (Federici Brands LLC, US and Federici Brands LTD, UK) are privately-held companies known for disruptive innovation in the beauty industry. Customer-obsessed, renegade thinkers, we are committed to creating the highest quality products to address real, unmet consumer needs.

Our CEO, Gail Federici (former business partner of renowned British hair stylist, John Frieda and CEO of John Frieda Professional Haircare Inc) forever changed the way hair care products were marketed and merchandised by creating the first complete “prescriptive” ranges to address problems unique to frizzy and blonde hair types.

Now our team of seasoned experts has solved the hair care problem of the decade: how to keep color-treated hair looking “wow!” everyday. Color Wow is the first and only brand to systematically and effectively address every problem associated with color-treated hair, including universally dreaded roots.

Our category-shattering Time Bomb skin care formulas…. high-powered fuels, bombs, cocktails…. remedy skin issues and rev skin’s natural capacity to “stop the clock”.

Then, now, and always our mission is to create products to solve the problems that are plaguing our consumers. Our motivation and innovation stems from real needs. At the core of our corporate mission is a simple truth: necessity is the mother of invention.

Thanks for that Donna. So TB is made by the same company as Color Wow. Now I have seen a few presentations of that and the link is never mentioned.

But - I have just switched on to suss this out and Donna, I think you have got a result here! she has just mentioned the company that makes it has been 25 yrs in the industry, John Frieda and Color Wow and it is only 13.02!!!! And she said she got involved because she was looking for an answer to skincare concerns, with no suggestion it came from her dabbling with lotions and potions.

I understand now but have switched off as not interested in her spiel! Still I am glad to know I did not imagine the original story about how it developed. Do you think they have had to rein it in?

Last edited:
Well I never knew all that background of her business. This forum is as usual the best place to come for the real truth behind a lot of these brands. Incidentally I got taken in buy the launch of Lulu's products years ago but wasn't impressed by anything in a try me pack and it went back for a refund. I've not been tempted to try anything since.

Do you notice on the TimeBomb website there is not one mention of Lulu or even a photo of her. There appears to be absolutely no association with Lulu at all. Did she sell the company to Gail Federici? I wonder if she's just hired to present it on QVC these days as the brand has always been associated with her on QVC.

http://www.timebombco.com/uk/

BTW I bought her previous TSV (first and last purchase). It all smelled lovely but did naff all for my skin, which is dry. Had I not sold the eye cream on Ebay I would have returned the lot under the 30 day MBG. The Complexion Cocktail and Day cream dried my skin out even more.

John Frieda shampoos etc. are full of cheap ingredients, MI being one of them in the brunette range.
Makes you wonder how cheap the ingredients are in Timebomb skincare.

I cant get on with his products at all ...so I won't bother with Lulu stuff ..i remember in. Lanzarote meeting a lovely Scottish couple celebrating 40 years marriage ....the wife lived opposite lulu when lulu was a young girl .....said (allegedly )
Shy swore like a trouper ....I've just got visions of her stuff not selling...." Shout"Ing and swearing :mysmilie_11:...allegedly I will reiterate ...she also said Rod Stewart is not a real scot as it was his dad who was Scottish not his mum :mysmilie_19:......btw amazon selling Time perfume 37 quid ..free post

I get on OK with some of the JF hair products. This is all rather odd isn't it. I mean the shows/products are called LULU's Time Bomb on the Q programme listing etc. and yet she apparently only uses it and acts as a brand ambassador. By the same token we would all be buying Rosa's Candles... I think Q have overstated her role because she is a celeb that they are (clearly from the crawling that goes on) over-excited to have on the channel. Certainly any time I have heard her talking with AY I got the impression she was the driving force behind the range. Well PAH! to that. They should remove her name and just call it Time Bomb.

Do you notice on the TimeBomb website there is not one mention of Lulu or even a photo of her. There appears to be absolutely no association with Lulu at all. Did she sell the company to Gail Federici? I wonder if she's just hired to present it on QVC these days as the brand has always been associated with her on QVC.

http://www.timebombco.com/uk/

BTW I bought her previous TSV (first and last purchase). It all smelled lovely but did naff all for my skin, which is dry. Had I not sold the eye cream on Ebay I would have returned the lot under the 30 day MBG. The Complexion Cocktail and Day cream dried my skin out even more.

I doubt she ever owned the company in any form. She was always just the face of the brand, she needs to earn her money and its not through much singing these days.

Latest posts

Back