Malissa J Fashion TSV 25/07/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched the first show (I needed a laugh) but I didnā€™t take to Malissa at all. It was almost as though she wanted confirmation on everything, so maybe she wasnā€™t entirely happy with the end result. Sheā€™s said things like ā€œYou could wear it as a beach cover up, couldnā€™t you?ā€ ā€œIt looks really smart, doesnā€™t it?ā€ etc.

Iā€™d have answered all her questions with a resounding ā€œno.ā€

Melissa (Malissa?) the designer said the two pieces should have been aired during lock down, but something happened and they couldn't do it. Maybe it would have had better reviews at that time. Anyone who likes kimonos probably has a few by now and won't need another. The two pieces might go down well with large ladies, but on anyone else, it's swamping. The poly fabric is off putting to a lot of people. Three cheers to Claire who did her level best to look delighted to be modeling it. Some of the other clothes were better, but only the ones made of viscose.

Agree about Cl
Melissa (Malissa?) the designer said the two pieces should have been aired during lock down, but something happened and they couldn't do it. Maybe it would have had better reviews at that time. Anyone who likes kimonos probably has a few by now and won't need another. The two pieces might go down well with large ladies, but on anyone else, it's swamping. The poly fabric is off putting to a lot of people. Three cheers to Claire who did her level best to look delighted to be modeling it. Some of the other clothes were better, but only the ones made of viscose.
Agree about Claire. She smiled through it all really selling it even though she must have known it was appalling. She sold it as if she were wearing Chanel.

Now if you thought DF looked terrible in that outfit , take a look at Eilidh - She looks like a pile of laundry tied up with string. Surely this monstrosity isn't gonna be a sell out!
She reminded me of a tatty old sofa waiting to be loaded onto a van for a trip to the dump.

I'd love to see an "honest" presentation of this. Obvs the BA would have to be bound and gagged (preferably with one of the kimonos) and bundled into to a cupboard whilst it was on air. Flinty - "well look at the state of me!" "Sorry about that, but this particular colourway was the best of a bad lot" "Anyway, here's Claire in the putrid green and blue" "I said here's Claire, Claire where are you? " Don't be shy, it can't look that bad" "Oh hold on, Camera 7 can you zoom in on the flower pot, nobody needs to see this" Moving on, here's Betsy, no, she doesn't seem to want to come out either, so I guess I'm on my own"!
"Right, what can I say?" Look folks if you've got Ā£100 that you were gonna throw in the bin, throw it in the bin because if you haven't got a bad taste party to attend and you're good for dishcloths you don't need this!" "I'm hearing that the large is heading for a sell out - what is that matter with you lot? I've told you it's shite, you can see it looks shite, what do I need to do to get it through to you that it's a total waste of money - I give up I'm off to lie down in a darkened room!

Shiny, Sweaty, garish, unflattering, impractical, overpriced - What's not to like?! Debbie looked like an unmade bed, but if I'm honest she looked no worse than any of the models - If Betsy looks crap in something, you know there's a problem! I would imagine it might look ok on a statuesque larger lady, lets say the Cruella De Vil look a like who occasionally presents fashion on Q and in the mainstream. Yes I can imagine her wearing this to host a cocktail party, other than that see the first sentence!
I thought that the BA had a rather aggressive persona, irrelevant I know, but imo it didn't help. She barked out the usual clichƩs and of course threw in the word "beach cover up". The amount of expensive garments that this suggestion gets put to is nobody's business - Beach cover ups are cheap and should be cheap!
Anyone going for this? We won't laugh honest!!
Yes but it's free p&p on both items.
Hubbys comment is unprintable in full.

I'd love to see an "honest" presentation of this. Obvs the BA would have to be bound and gagged (preferably with one of the kimonos) and bundled into to a cupboard whilst it was on air. Flinty - "well look at the state of me!" "Sorry about that, but this particular colourway was the best of a bad lot" "Anyway, here's Claire in the putrid green and blue" "I said here's Claire, Claire where are you? " Don't be shy, it can't look that bad" "Oh hold on, Camera 7 can you zoom in on the flower pot, nobody needs to see this" Moving on, here's Betsy, no, she doesn't seem to want to come out either, so I guess I'm on my own"!
"Right, what can I say?" Look folks if you've got Ā£100 that you were gonna throw in the bin, throw it in the bin because if you haven't got a bad taste party to attend and you're good for dishcloths you don't need this!" "I'm hearing that the large is heading for a sell out - what is that matter with you lot? I've told you it's shite, you can see it looks shite, what do I need to do to get it through to you that it's a total waste of money - I give up I'm off to lie down in a darkened room!
Nearly wet myself laughing.
Spot on though Merry.šŸ‘šŸ‘

Youā€™re not having nightmares. They showed photos of Malissa wearing one as a belt and scarf and it looked just as ridiculous (in my opinion.)
I thought not. I'm sure if I wanted a scarf or a belt I could buy both in much better quality than these for a fraction of the price. Who on earth wants to wear their trousers as a scarf?????

Latest posts

Back