Mally Beauty TSV - 16/12/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep I've ordered and did it before tsv presentation! If anything goes wrong ill ask for p&p to be refunded as it looks nothing like what I ordered!! Lol!

I haven't bought Avon for years but I bought 5 of the Glimmersticks Diamonds eyeliners for £2.50 each (we have a new Avon man who does the rounds) and cannot believe how good they are. They stay put all day! Easy to apply as well. I had been umming and ahhhing about the Mally TSV but the models look really caked in makeup and £50 is a lot of money. I think I'll give it a miss.

most of avon make-up is very good. they used to do a range called perfect wear and the eyeliners were out of this world. the best. and you could get them for a couple of pounds. i used to sell it many moons ago and i had a very posh customer who wore chanel foundation but found an avon one that was sooo similar and cost a quarter of the price that she would wear everyday. i haven't looked at an avon book for years now so am not au fait with whats available now and they keep changing ranges and renaming stuff. but the majority of the make-up was exceptional. they had an eyeliner a glimmerstick one that people with fair/grey hair used to buy by the dozen as back then no-one did colours like them. some of mally makeup is simlar but much more expensive.

The try me does look nice and I fancy trying the eyeshadow stick. What colour should I order? I'm a medium in LG and medium beige in BE.

I too love Avon glimmersticks and have them in black, brown, blue and grey. They have fabulous stating power and the product itself lasts ages. I try to stock up when they are on offer.

I watched the midnight launch and my money is safe! Really wanted to try the shadow sticks but the green shade did not look good on anyone, not even mally. There was only one lip gloss that would have suited me, and even though the liners and mascara look good, I can't justify spending almost 50 quid. The PRO shadow sticks look good, but again, don't want to order without knowing the colours.

This TSV is a bit of a cock up what with the wrong shades being described on the website. I didn't get the impression that it was selling all that well either.

If it helps at all, I've just spoken to CS and they have said that the colours in the 5 Shadow Stick OTO are Champagne, Purple Rain, Taupe, Gunmetal, Saddle Shimmer. I've gone for this rather than the TSV, as the colours on the show were very different to the colours on the web. I queried this with CS and, after they put me on hold for a while, they cam back and said that the colours had changed at midnight. What I suspect is actually the case is that they've loaded the details of the previous 12 piece set onto the web by mistake!

I'll definitely be buying more Glimmersticks. I bought the Diamonds version - they are slightly metallic and have a bit of shimmer in them. They were in offer in the last book. In the new one, the regular Glimmersticks are on offer for £2 each (down from £6) so I'm going to buy a few of those. Have to say I am very impressed with them, they last all day and don't shift. If Avon are still making a profit on them at £2 a piece it makes you think about the whopping profits other presteeejus brands, including Mally, are making on their cosmetics!

I think I've talked myself out of the Malky TSV now

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I used to sell Avon in the 80s when I worked in a big open-plan office with 85 women, 'twas easy money without walking the streets. They used to do an amazing henna shine shampoo & conditioner which made eveyones hair shine, and I mean everyone. I buy odd bits and pieces direct from their website and you can browse their current campaign's booklet online. If you register they'll more than likely email you an offer code, there's also 10% cashback via quidco (11% plus freepostage if you order £30+), the best day to order small amouts is the last few days of the campaign when they email a code to get free postage on any sized order or any order over £10.

Avon is in financial difficulty and faces a takeover (if it hasn't happened already) so always pay by credit card if you can and check your order is correct (they make mistakes sometimes in your favour, such as extra items added to your package by mistake). Customer service has always been ok ime but others have had problems.

The make up range aimed at teenagers isn't the best but the main make up range is excellent.

Jude xx

Avon have some little gems, amongst them for me are the brow pencils, the argan oil shampoo, conditioner and serum and the colour trend plump out mascara usually about £2.50. I love their perfumes too but I dont care about posh fragrance houses and designers.

I can vouch for Avon too. I really like their blonde brow pencil, the planet spa foot products (the foot file, cream and socks is fantastic) but the biggest surprise for me is the hair colours. Although my light blonde one smells strongly of ammonia, there is a protective cream you apply to the hair first, then the dye, and the usual conditioner after. The colour is the best I have ever used (now on my 3 rd box and I have had compliments. It is often on special offer too making it loads cheaper than your usual high street brands.

Going back to the Mally TSV, after writing my list of who's getting what I realised who was missing still. I worked out that my mum, my sister in law and my friend would all like and use the colours I don't want for myself. My brunette friend adores green, my mum and sister in law both like purple. If you remember that less is more with Mally I have seen the presentation and those raspberry and pink glosses would suit me, raspberry actually being one of my favourite shades. The one I least like is the peach but my sister in law would suit that. They are getting a goody bag with some avon, some mally and some L'occitane. Just my niece to go now, and she wants a onesie.

I haven't seen the TSV yet. I ordered the set of eye shadow.pencils. I hardly wear the lippies I have, don't like the mascara....so it's probably not worth me going for is it?! I would prob like the brownish shades of eye product but I have some already and new ones from the kit. I am tempted just for the eye shadows though. Hmm...is it selling fast? I have visitors due now and won't get a chance to switch on or watch the video until much later...argh!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The try me does look nice and I fancy trying the eyeshadow stick. What colour should I order? I'm a medium in LG and medium beige in BE.

I use Fair in the LG SPF and Medium in BE and have the Light/Medium Mally Try Me if it helps?

I use light in BE but with LG the fair is too light and the medium is too dark.

Trouble with Mally is its a bit hit and miss. I went for the light/ medium in the try me, but the shade I need with Mally foundation depends on the type. I wear light in the ultimate foundation but medium in the age rebel face defender one.

I just can't listen to Mally, she is way too OTT for me, can she rabbit or what....................LOL

I can't tell you a single thing she's selling ... I'm mesmerized by the WhitenessOfHerTeeth!!!

Just been over to the US website to read the reviews of this TSV. They're all pretty good.

But I noticed that, yet again, they get an auto delivery that we aren't offered. And the most annoying thing is that the colours in the second drop are far nicer & more wearable than this one.

The mascaras I can understand just buying the one kit, as I really do replace after 3 months whether I use it or not.

Autodelivery on this much slap though... No my rule is only to stock up on mascara, skincare and maybe hand cream. Make up I stick to my one make up bag rule. It's just a basic sized kipling blossom2go, and that holds it all.

I've decided not to bother with the TryMe, been over to Avon and bought a few things off there instead.
PS I found a voucher code for 12% off the whole order - MVC12 at the checkout.

Latest posts

Back