Molton Brown - gone from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good grief they've kept this quiet!

Bets start here about what the big TSV will be come Christmas time then.

Oooohh! Musical World of Christmas (or whatever it's called) for me please.:D

Just a thought Fraggle- Are you going to re-name this thread 'Molton Brown- they're on the way out'?;)

Changed bbelle, I went with gone since July 1st has been and gone - does this one do the job? ;) :)

That is so sad no more MB and no more jill goldsmith taking us to exotic places. Hope philosophy take over as a new xmas tsv

Changed bbelle, I went with gone since July 1st has been and gone - does this one do the job? ;) :)

Excellent Fraggle- what splendid service! :)

Edit Oooops- forgot to say 'Thank you'

Last edited:
I find it rather annoying they treat loyal customers like idiots. Would it have hurt them to say final shows from MB so that people knew and could buy accordingly.

I was not a loyal MB customer only the odd xmas TSV but lets face it thousands of that TSV always sold.

I will miss the Christmas TSV - and I think that QVC should have said that they would not be continuing with MB - I will not be buying at the shop prices and I am sure they must have lost themselves a fortune here...

hi everyone, my first post under a new user name but not a stranger to these boards. I just wanted to add in my opinion to this discussion to an angle that may have been overlooked.

Ever heard of the saying 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer'?? In terms of molton brown and their 'strategies' if they want to market themselves as high end then at the moment they are going about doing the right thing in terms of their stores and their concessions in department stores.

Whilst many customers may go in and buy one or two bottles if and when they can afford to, the extremely wealthy can buy as many as they want and not bat an eyelid. Even though we are in a bad economic state at the moment, there is still money being spent on luxuries by those who can afford to. Who knows of many extremely extremely wealthy people who sit and watch qvc or buy off the internet? Do we not know that many 'do lunch', have their hair done and shop shop shop? I speak from observation and having many wealthy friends and acquaintances (although I, myself am not) and not from making a generalisiation of the wealthy or non wealthy.

All im trying to say is that whilst we may not buy any because of the value lost from the MB-QVC bulk buying, it does not mean that many wll think twice before spending on MB if they so wish to. They may have lost QVC customers but to such a corporation they only think through their business minds. I doubt these companies would be in operation if they cut their noses off inspite of their faces so a calcualted risk has been made.

Im :( too about the loss of the xmas tsvs and the like but molton brown will most probably laugh all the way to the bank.

Im not trying to push other opinions to the side at all because even i think its stupid of them to lose what i think may possibly be their cash cow but they obviously think they know what they are doing.

I will miss the Christmas TSV - and I think that QVC should have said that they would not be continuing with MB - I will not be buying at the shop prices and I am sure they must have lost themselves a fortune here...

They were never going to do that, it doesn't exactly sit with their marketing and image to admit that one of their biggest clients terminated their account because QVC aren't high brow enough!

I for one had never heard of Molton Brown until I started watching QVC many years ago and neither had any of my friends/relatives until I started buying them Xmas TSV's, then they started buying it themselves, either from QVC or the outlet shops.

Have Molton Brown considered that their popularity has increased because of QVC? The shows attract thousands of viewers and act as a massive advertisement for the brand. :confused:

They used to sell approx 50,000 Xmas TSV's - Do they really think that those people will go and buy their Molton Brown at Xmas from a Molton Brown shop? (which in my experience are always empty!)

Of course they won't, they'll just buy the L'Occitane or Philosophy TSV instead! :confused:

Unless they don't want our custom because we're too 'common' :mad:

Well I hope they're stuck with a load of excess stock at Xmas and drown in a sea of Heavenly flaming Gingerlilly!!!! :D

this means QVC will proberbly do a collection like what they used to do for MB but instead of MB either loccitane or philposhy (SP))

Yes Sazza said that earlier in the thread.

I don't know what they will do, at some point they are going to have to own up to MB being gone, too many people will be waiting until the now traditional second Sunday in December to buy their MB Christmas pressies.

Bottom line is last year QVC sold 85,000 MB TSV's at Christmas, it's their biggest TSV year on year, they won't want to see that go so I would envisage a replacement brand of some sort providing that they can get the quantity.

I'm in shock! I regularly bought Molton Brown and the TSV made great presents at Christmas. I hope they change their minds, I for one won't be going to the local MB shop, which isn't exactly local...

Latest posts

Back