Molton Brown TSV 03/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I actually had a bit of buyer’s remorse this time!!! First time ever, ever! However I have saved the day by deciding to make up the minis and some extra bits into a lovely looking selection in the green bag as a Christmas gift. Not only am I totally pleased with myself at this bright idea, I can now relax about the purchase! But if truth be told, the coastal and geranium OTO would have done me well enough. 🤭

Now QVC will have loads of this to shift and if they cant shift it at the lowest price how will they at the full price. They should have done a better mix of the full size say 2 women and one male full size and a lower price. Better still 4 large mixed gender no 100ml hand wash and the tiny ones for stocking fillers etc

How many times have a drummed out the hand washing spiel we are all doing with everything they are selling. Yet amazingly the TSV selection was two of the smallest offerings they could provide.
Also at some point have they never thought of offering hand washes in the 500ml sizes, surely with Q’s buying power that could easily be rolled out.

How many times have a drummed out the hand washing spiel we are all doing with everything they are selling. Yet amazingly the TSV selection was two of the smallest offerings they could provide.
Also at some point have they never thought of offering hand washes in the 500ml sizes, surely with Q’s buying power that could easily be rolled out.
They actually did, a couple of years ago. Maybe they weren’t that popular, as they haven’t done them since.

Totally agree boffy. An 11pce set originally sounds quite a lot, until the realisation hits that only 3 of the pieces were actually full size.
And I hate the 30ml bottles anyway. I'm lucky to get 2 showers out of a bottle. And it takes ages to get the product out of the damn things as well.
I agree with both of you.
For a Christmas TSV, quite frankly it was rubbish. Boring everyday fragrances and the tiny sizes are very annoying! They could have put in a Christmas hand wash and lotion and a Christmas shower gel and that would have been lovely.

I also think people are shopping around far more. I find Aldi’s take off MB liquid soap really good, and at £1.29 for 500 mls it’s a no brainier…..

I will keep an eye out for the MB sale, and get exactly what I want with free postage and some nice samples.

I bought the Bizarre Brandy last Christmas and I loved it. I've still got a full one somewhere. Glad I didn't buy any more of anything. I use those 100ml handwashes at work but they are a faff compared with the full size.

CC

I bought the Bizarre Brandy last Christmas and I loved it. I've still got a full one somewhere. Glad I didn't buy any more of anything. I use those 100ml handwashes at work but they are a faff compared with the full size.

CC
The Bizarre Brandy, plum and elderflower were less than half price last winter sale direct from MB.

No, for some reason, advent beauty calenders sell out each year. The usual price for the high-end ones is £195-£200.

Elemis
Decleor
Jo Loves
L'Occitane
Molton Brown

All do them.

The M&S is much cheaper, as you also have to usually spend £30 or £25 to be able to buy it.

My local SpaceNK got two in store, as did the other stores, the rest are sold online. The only thing I would use in it was the mini Boys Smell candle, the rest all skin care with acids which I cannot use.

Advent Calenders of any sort have never been an interest to me.

No, for some reason, advent beauty calenders sell out each year. The usual price for the high-end ones is £195-£200.

Elemis
Decleor
Jo Loves
L'Occitane
Molton Brown

All do them.

The M&S is much cheaper, as you also have to usually spend £30 or £25 to be able to buy it.

My local SpaceNK got two in store, as did the other stores, the rest are sold online. The only thing I would use in it was the mini Boys Smell candle, the rest all skin care with acids which I cannot use.

Often with items that are in these calendars are "Gift with Purchase" items anyway

The only advent calendar I`d be interested in is the Sock Shop one. It`s got 25 pairs of bamboo socks inside it, each pair is different and they do a mens calendar and a womens one. It`s £59.95 so it works out at around £2.50 per pair. Not that I`m buying but it would tempt me if they still had them after Christmas at a reduced price.

Elemis
Decleor
Jo Loves
L'Occitane
Molton Brown

All do them.

Advent calendars like this being sold when, let’s hope some contents find there way…. https://thehygienebank.com/ ☹️

Advent calendars like this being sold when, let’s hope some contents find there way…. https://thehygienebank.com/ ☹️
This is such a great charity & makes a vast difference to so many. The school where I worked was in an upper middle class area so many just saw privilege, the reality was very different & a few of us asked the head & governors if we could set up something like this for our students. To say that it was life enhancing, for students & staff, is putting it mildly. When I retired I wanted to start a community group but nobody wanted to be involved & it needed more commitment than one person could provide. Just knowing that every month that there's a girl somewhere who has to use socks or, if lucky enough, toilet paper to deal with biology reduces me to tears of despair & anger.

Oh thank you for that link. I see Boots in Putney has a collection point so I shall have to check that out (as they allegedly had a spectacles bank but that turned out to be false) and if it is there buy some bits and lob them in.

Latest posts

Back