Molton Brown TSV 06/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it's quite poor. Padding out with tiddly sizes.

To be fair I don’t think the smaller sizes in this one are at all bad - in fact I actually think they’ll come in really handy. I pre-ordered and mine came yesterday, and the small sizes aren’t so weeny they’re impossible to get the product out, they’re actually really useable sizes. I’ve a few trips planned this year and they’ll be really useful for that, I also think they’re a reasonable enough size that you could wrap two or three up as a decent little gift. My workings out make it that the smaller sizes add up to another 300ml, so its like 4 x 300ml, which works out (in my head anyway…!) to £13.50 for each of the full sizes and another £13.50 for all the small sizes together. I’m happy anyway. 😊

Oh for the days when MB did skincare and those bendy things you put in your hair.

I can’t get excited about this range anymore. ☹️
Molten Browners!
They were fab. I was at uni in London for 4 years in the early 90's, and I used to model for them at the salon on South Molten St.
Best haircut and hand dry (NO HAIRDRYER USED!!!) I ever had. My hair was like glass.
Happy days - thanks for bringing back memories @Koala :)

its easy to get a sparks card try in store or online. I can't tell you the amount of freebies I get. A free Percy pig cushion that sold for £15. Free sweets, bread, cakes,fruit. Free skincare and bath goodies.Loads of vouchers with discounts I have shifted my shopping from QVC to M&S and they appreciate me more lol.
Yes I do have a card thanks but not one of those vouchers in fact I seem not to be getting the offers I once did. Think I need the app or something.

Anyone else noticed how when they’re doing the walk-through of what’s in the TSV they’re saying the fresh option has 50mls of the ‘Leather’ and then move on really sharpish…. slightly awkward.

Last edited:
Yes I do have a card thanks but not one of those vouchers in fact I seem not to be getting the offers I once did. Think I need the app or something.
Download the Sparks App its well worth it. Free food. lots of vouchers for food and clothing. What you buy a lot of you get money off. Not like QVC lol

I thought I would have a quick look at the TSV at 2.00, but because of work at Crystal Palace I have no reception on channel 16! A lucky escape perhaps. Except the reception on many other channels is rubbish as well. I hope it picks up before tonight.

I thought I would have a quick look at the TSV at 2.00, but because of work at Crystal Palace I have no reception on channel 16! A lucky escape perhaps. Except the reception on many other channels is rubbish as well. I hope it picks up before tonight.
Are you having reception problems due to building works?
Is this affecting nationwide or local to CP.
Only stuff has been dodgy for us too, was thinking Virgin had problems.

I’m in Putney so not overly local to CP but the Freeview website shows engineering works being undertaken by TV region and under London/Crystal Palace it says screens may go black on some or all channels. I have no HD reception at the moment but ordinary BBC1 etc is OK with a few bits of pixilation now and again. It was like this last weekend but improved during the week, now bad again. I hope it improves for Peaky Blinders!!!!!!

I’m in Putney so not overly local to CP but the Freeview website shows engineering works being undertaken by TV region and under London/Crystal Palace it says screens may go black on some or all channels. I have no HD reception at the moment but ordinary BBC1 etc is OK with a few bits of pixilation now and again. It was like this last weekend but improved during the week, now bad again. I hope it improves for Peaky Blinders!!!!!!
Oh dear not good we had some pixilation the other evening late and had been playing up a bit. We checked with Virgin status and said no known problems. Decided if if started again last night we would reboot but then seemed ok, but later on it did play up. Then hubby recoiled he had problems with the radio earlier in the car. Our daughter is ten minutes walk from Colliers Wood tube only she’s nipped with a friend over to Paris yesterday till this evening (as you do🙄) so can’t check what her services are like.😂
Fingers crossed for you for the big awaited P B later 🤞🏻

Oh dear not good we had some pixilation the other evening late and had been playing up a bit. We checked with Virgin status and said no known problems. Decided if if started again last night we would reboot but then seemed ok, but later on it did play up. Then hubby recoiled he had problems with the radio earlier in the car. Our daughter is ten minutes walk from Colliers Wood tube only she’s nipped with a friend over to Paris yesterday till this evening (as you do🙄) so can’t check what her services are like.😂
Fingers crossed for you for the big awaited P B later 🤞🏻
I have changed all my recordings from the HD stations to their ordinary versions because otherwise I risk a black screen! It’s usually very good reception here but once they start that engineering work it is very hit or miss. That’s why I have bookmarked that page on the Freeview website, 👍. At least it stopped me being seduced by the look of the TSV today though.

PS a just checked a service status website and apparently Freeview is having major issues today.

I have changed all my recordings from the HD stations to their ordinary versions because otherwise I risk a black screen! It’s usually very good reception here but once they start that engineering work it is very hit or miss. That’s why I have bookmarked that page on the Freeview website, 👍. At least it stopped me being seduced by the look of the TSV today though.
No you never want to be seduced when you not in the mood especially when it’s a TSV. 😉

I have a sparks card and have a voucher for a free hand wash can't wait to pick it up
its easy to get a sparks card try in store or online. I can't tell you the amount of freebies I get. A free Percy pig cushion that sold for £15. Free sweets, bread, cakes,fruit. Free skincare and bath goodies.Loads of vouchers with discounts I have shifted my shopping from QVC to M&S and they appreciate me more lol.
My current offer is a free Breakfast Bap. There are other food offers as well.

I like their merino wool jumpers and I got 15% off the last one I bought, is now in the sale and actually slightly more expensive than when I got it on offer.

I mentioned on another thread, Clinique have signed a deal with M&S and will be available in their stores.
Oh dear, you’ve started me off on an M&S tack again. I can’t stop looking in there at the moment. Like you say, boffy and donna, they are sending out some great deals and freebies lately. You definitely need to get the app, Dream Girl. Do you at least log in to your account on a computer or tablet regularly? That’s where I’m seeing and receiving all the deals. Last year, they seemed to fall off badly. In fact, I emailed them, in October I think it was, to ask if they had forgotten me! This year, they have gone mad and at the moment I’ve got 20% off jewellery, skincare and jackets. For most of Feb I had 20% off all clothing. Also 500 points (£5 voucher) just for buying clothing or home, however low spend. And I can get a free bag of baked treats.

I didn’t know Clinique were coming as well, Donna. I know that wasn’t exclusive to QVC by any means but Q are gradually losing any “draw” they once had, what with M&S and Boots!

OK, I’ll shut up about M&S now! I am just popping in there now, though!

Anyone else noticed how when they’re doing the walk-through of what’s in the TSV they’re saying the fresh option has 50mls of the ‘Leather’ and then move on really sharpish…. slightly awkward.
Russian Leather (sorry for saying it if anyone's offended). One of my favourite scents, along with Pink Pepper and Coastal Cypress.

CC

I never watch HD. A clearer picture comes at the expense of the sound on my TV. Until they sort that out, it's a no from me.

Ahh just turned on QVc and Alison Young sounds like a cross between a preacher, a chemist and a poet describing the TSV's. The only problem is I swear several hours ago before I went out 14,000 had sold. Well its late afternoon and I have just returned and they have not sold any more.
I have to give it to Alison Young her sales spiel is magnificent but if it was not so overpriced then she would be able to take a break from the hard sell.

Latest posts

Back