Molton Brown TSV 06/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s no longer seen as a luxury product, in my opinion.
Back in the days, the prices were really good and the presentation superb.
I got a hatbox one Christmas with a metal stand holding all the bottles. Never forgotten it.
Now it’s just one of many and so many dupes out there…
True ...qvc need to negotiate better prices and packages with MB. Mind you they may be in trouble thier shops are always empty and they did not do much of a sale this year

Molton Brown left themselves back in the day as the brand was bought over by a Japanese company who considered QVC not good enough for MB. The number of people begging QVC to get MB back on Facebook for years was endless. Then MB came back and big change in the prices compared to the old days. So many love MB that they can have dropped discontinued products regularly into sets and TSVs no doubt a quick way of selling the discontinued stock. If MB goes, it will be MB who dump QVC again.
I remember the fuss when they left QVC…. And it’s never been quite the same since it came back. There’s just something missing… and of course, we have got the internet now, so we can find products selling for cheaper prices, free postage etc. That exclusivenesses has gone. I’ve never seen so many TSV’s that don’t sell out… I think it’s a real sign if the times.

True ...qvc need to negotiate better prices and packages with MB. Mind you they may be in trouble thier shops are always empty and they did not do much of a sale this year
That’s very true, the sale was rubbish

If anyone is interested? I received an email from MB today, free shipping on all orders. It said Monday, so not sure if they meant next Monday?
Expires Sunday 13th March.
I am going shopping, thanks for the heads up

QVC are opting to sell everything at a high price. Far higher than other outlets including the dreaded high street. Its just not competitive anymore. The economy is unstable imo but in QVC land its lets carry on selling odd items at ridiculous sums of money.

I blame you lovely lot as I ordered a set, having vowed to reduce my purchases :oops: Going straight into the present box. I am only my last easy payment instalments from before Christmas!

As I didn't bother with the TSV, I have treated myself to this instead. Both fragrances are new to me as well so hopefully I'll like them. Good price too IMO.

As I didn't bother with the TSV, I have treated myself to this instead. Both fragrances are new to me as well so hopefully I'll like them. Good price too IMO.

£13.00 a pop and free postage not bad at all.

My MB stash was huge: For two years I was able to be quite liberal with my gifts. Its run down quite a bit but I won't be buying anything else for a long time.

It’s no longer seen as a luxury product, in my opinion.
Back in the days, the prices were really good and the presentation superb.
I got a hatbox one Christmas with a metal stand holding all the bottles. Never forgotten it.
Now it’s just one of many and so many dupes out there…
I still have that hatbox!

i got that set previously but not used it yet but botrh are outlet fragrances & i only paid £20 for that set

I must admit, I revisited those boxed duos on Amazon this week after swerving the TSV. Most of the options have sold out now, haven’t they? That’s a nice one you‘ve bought, though. I bought a few in a department store in January and that was one of them - I’ve not opened it yet but have smelt both. Hope you like them.

I must admit, I revisited those boxed duos on Amazon this week after swerving the TSV. Most of the options have sold out now, haven’t they? That’s a nice one you‘ve bought, though. I bought a few in a department store in January and that was one of them - I’ve not opened it yet but have smelt both. Hope you like them.
I've only had a quick sniff of them to be honest Andi but I'm a bit disappointed I think.
The Flame Tree one reminds me a bit of Black Pepper which I'm not a fan of and the yellow one seems similar to Bushukan. Nothing wrong with that of course as I like Bushukan well enough but it didn't seem anything special.
Hopefully they'll be much better when in actual use so I'll update you in 2024 when I get round to using them 😂

I've only had a quick sniff of them to be honest Andi but I'm a bit disappointed I think.
The Flame Tree one reminds me a bit of Black Pepper which I'm not a fan of and the yellow one seems similar to Bushukan. Nothing wrong with that of course as I like Bushukan well enough but it didn't seem anything special.
Hopefully they'll be much better when in actual use so I'll update you in 2024 when I get round to using them 😂
So soon?! :D But yes, I agree. Both are “very Molton Brown” in style but not stand-out. I wonder how they are in use as that does often change the fragrance, doesn’t it, especially the way it smells on your skin afterwards. My verdict was that I would look forward to using them (eventually) but probably won’t be seeking out more meanwhile.

Oh dear, you’ve started me off on an M&S tack again. I can’t stop looking in there at the moment. Like you say, boffy and donna, they are sending out some great deals and freebies lately. You definitely need to get the app, Dream Girl. Do you at least log in to your account on a computer or tablet regularly? That’s where I’m seeing and receiving all the deals. Last year, they seemed to fall off badly. In fact, I emailed them, in October I think it was, to ask if they had forgotten me! This year, they have gone mad and at the moment I’ve got 20% off jewellery, skincare and jackets. For most of Feb I had 20% off all clothing. Also 500 points (£5 voucher) just for buying clothing or home, however low spend. And I can get a free bag of baked treats.

I didn’t know Clinique were coming as well, Donna. I know that wasn’t exclusive to QVC by any means but Q are gradually losing any “draw” they once had, what with M&S and Boots!

OK, I’ll shut up about M&S now! I am just popping in there now, though!
Ooh I agree….I’m defo turning into a Saturday M&S old biddy now!!! Husband and I went last week and then for a cheeky Costa whilst the kids were occupied at home by their devices.
Costa are now serving M&S food! A comeback for Marks is defo on the cards if these two major retailers are colluding in this way 😜

We went to Windsor in half term and SA at MB there told me Bashukan was now discontinued. Noooooooo☹️

Latest posts

Back