Molton Brown TSV 11/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to be honest I've never really tried Molton Brown before but I looked at their website last night and ordered a kit off there; 8 30ml bottles for £25, I wasn't sure if it was good value but for me it was ideal as I can try the range and see if its for me, if I don't like it I can split down the mini sizes into gifts I suppose (how very QVC of me)
I think their mini collections are really cute and they give you the chance to try so many different perfumes. I am quite tempted by a 12x50ml one on their site but will try not to give in as I have so much stock.

I've found as I've gotten older, that since I don't use scented face creams (a bit of rosacea on my face), it's lovely to used scented products on my body. But I do spend a bit on natural quality products, without spending too much on them, if you know what I mean - particularly wash on/wash off products; money saved goes towards stay-on products like face serum and face moisturiser.

Oh, and another thing: I don't 'stockpile'; I have one on the go, and one - and only one - on standby in the cupboard (unless it's a particularly good 3 for 2 in Boots lol!, but seriously, I'll only buy one of the 3 for 2 offers, not bulk buying). Maybe it depends on how fast you work your way through stuff or if you're buying for other people as well as yourself, but I've learned from the past that if you have a little stockpile stash, it sits in the cupboard for ages and the company reformulates it or something!

Molton brown are doing £15 off when you spend £30 or more on their website. I brought 3 baubles at £10 each and paid £15 plus 4.95 postage for them (3 nice secret santa pressies less than £20). QVC would have been nearer £30 inc pp. The code is HOUSE15

Mrs Windmill has just said they have to explain that the baubles do in fact contain shower gel as people think they are just tree decorations!!!! At £10 each!!!!! I despair.

I LOATHE, HATE, DEPLORE the way that they are describing these products. We are "whisked" to Madagascar, or Hawaii or Bognor, as they get verbal diarrhoea with the travel brochure. ! NO I am not !!! I'm still in my shower having a sodding wash - not having an 'experience'. I'm in and out asap. I refuse to pay that sort of money for a 'smell', its not long lasting perfume; BUT the bottles in the bathroom/cloakroom do give an 'impression' that you only buy the best.

Mrs Windmill has just said they have to explain that the baubles do in fact contain shower gel as people think they are just tree decorations!!!! At £10 each!!!!! I despair.

And l am sick of the way they are going on about what good value for money they are! When you add on P&P you are not saving much at all.

I got a nice set of 10 30ml shower gels from House of Fraser for £19.00. They were in a lovely pack and it was nice to try all the different fragrances. It was interesting as some lathered up beautifully whereas others created a sort of scum on top of the water. It made me wonder if it would be the same if l bought them in a 300ml size.

I LOATHE, HATE, DEPLORE the way that they are describing these products. We are "whisked" to Madagascar, or Hawaii or Bognor, as they get verbal diarrhoea with the travel brochure. ! NO I am not !!! I'm still in my shower having a sodding wash - not having an 'experience'. I'm in and out asap. I refuse to pay that sort of money for a 'smell', its not long lasting perfume; BUT the bottles in the bathroom/cloakroom do give an 'impression' that you only buy the best.

Mr LATI just walked through a room with AY rabbiting on and he said "Ch***t that woman talks a load if sh***..... and it's for a man".

I'm with you, I only use a shower and it is as quick as it takes to wash the "bits" and out again plus I can only use non perfumed products so AY's travelogue is wasted in me.

Could I ask, purely out of interest, how many people actually soak in a candle lite bath?

The bath in our house is huge and takes forever to fill and we`re on a water meter so baths are a thing of the past. It`s a quickie under the shower , hair wash and then out again. Mind you Mr V has a habit of leaving the sink tap running and then has the cheek to blame ME for our high water bills.
I`ve just used the HOUSE15 code to order 2 gift sets as Christmas gifts and that will be my total spend with MB for another 12 months. I don`t buy it for myself and throughout the year I use the ABC wash during the Summer months and a more moisturising body wash wuch as L`Occi almond for the Winter months.

Jill Goldsmith RIP was the best guest for Molton Brown, not keen on this new person.

TSV not for me. I use Ylang Ylang and OH Black Pepper - so nothing for him. Anyway we were in Jersey recently and bought some tax free in the MB shop and got what we wanted, plus a few freebies chucked in which I have saved for my "present drawer" NWIM!! :mysmilie_59:

That code is excellent. Anyone know if you can do separate orders and apply the code again?

MB always have loads of offers every month. I get emails so always seem to have one or more a week with different deals. They do have the bunny logo, but use SLS.

I was in a friend's this morning and she switched to watch the TSV. AY looks awful!! Pale shiny makeup and that top the colour is not flattering at all. The endless bathrooms this bathrooms that from her as well. We need to match the products to our bathrooms or use them to make our bathrooms look posh it seems.

Molton brown are doing £15 off when you spend £30 or more on their website. I brought 3 baubles at £10 each and paid £15 plus 4.95 postage for them (3 nice secret santa pressies less than £20). QVC would have been nearer £30 inc pp. The code is HOUSE15

Thank you for that ! Great info

I am going for the TSV, (even though I don't need any shower gel) I like all the fragrances that are included and even with the £15 off & free P&P from Molton Brown direct the TSV is still better value

Just love this forum ....such great hints and tips as I always say .....thank,you much a appreciated and we have a laugh :mysmilie_48:

That discount code is great. They have the black pepper and scrub bar gift set for £31, so you can get it for £16. Very tempting. The tsv looks lovely but I wouldn't be grateful for travel sizes or the hand lotion, so I 'think' I've talked myself out of it! I did manage to get the baubles this morning. One for a friend, one for me and one for my fictional gift drawer (ie my stash!)

I really dislike big pumps of hand lotion. I much prefer tubes of thicker handcream. I`ve had a large hand lotion pump on my kitchen windowsill ( a birthday gift from someone ) and I hardly ever use it, it`s too big to take anywhere or fit into a bag and before I know it , another birthday will be here and i still won`t have used it !

Latest posts

Back