Molton Brown TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

John Lewis had 15 percent off MB over the bank holiday weekend, along with lots of other beauty brands. I spent quite a bit on Sisley skin and haircare products...no 30-day MBG if I don't like those!

There has been loads of deals recently most imo were better than the TSV's
Yes very true. I’m waiting for that second box of four shower gels to go down to a decent price…. And some of the online stores have been selling duo packs for £28.

The flagship store in Regent street is getting a refurbishment so its closed atm. The stores seem always busy around Christmas but not so much the rest of the year.

On a related topic, I am just back from a visit to the MB store in Kingston where I tried the new Rose Dune. Nothing to do with rose at all, and on my skin an exact dupe of Oudh Accord. With the top notes it is a lighter, spicier version but once the base notes hit, there is no difference to speak of. And it is very strong! So what was the point of developing that then, I asked the lovely and very chatty assistant. Especially when things which do smell different like Geranium, Vetiver &Grapefruit and Bushukan have all been dropped! I cannot understand it, unless they are going to drop the original Oudh and save on the gold flakes.

I’ve still got a large stock of unopened MB and have now added to the stash with the Lidl “look a like” ones. Their black pepper smells exactly the same as the MB version, although it is thinner in consistency and so gets used up more quickly, but at £1 for a 300ml bottle, that’s fine as far as I’m concerned.

I'll look for that one Toril although Mr CC does the shops and he's rarely in Lidl. That could change though.

CC

My Lidl does other fragrances as well, but I got bottles of black pepper as the MB pepper ones are my favourite fragrances.. As I said earlier, it’s not as thick in consistency and the fragrance doesn’t last as long as the MB one but it still feels indulgent especially at that price.

Latest posts

Back