More Used Goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can I ask a forumite favour? Is there anyone who can post or link to this thread from their FaceBook page?

To do this yourself, bring up the page you want on this forum (presumably page 1), highlight the address at the very top, then copy it (right click it and select copy).

I've just done this myself, and it is - - - - >

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?37796-More-Used-Goods

Then go over to the FB page and paste this link into the comments box (R click the box, select paste).

It should then appear there. You can copy the link from what I've pasted above, to make it easier.

It will then be under your name, rather than someone else's.

Last edited:
I also think maybe they need to guarantee that any personal care items or make up will not be resold whatever - that they won't be checking them to see if used or not, they will just not be considering those items for resale. Other companies let you try on clothes but they don't let you use make up or personal care things, so it is the only safe way forward really. It would be good to see them address this soon with some kind of statement. I can't rememer if they do but they could also have ID on the receipts to show who checked the item for accountability for their quality control people, if such people exist!

I also think maybe they need to guarantee that any personal care items or make up will not be resold whatever - that they won't be checking them to see if used or not, they will just not be considering those items for resale. Other companies let you try on clothes but they don't let you use make up or personal care things, so it is the only safe way forward really. It would be good to see them address this soon with some kind of statement. I can't rememer if they do but they could also have ID on the receipts to show who checked the item for accountability for their quality control people, if such people exist!

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to send something back because it was used - just off the top of my head I remember:

- kipling bag - bits of chocolate stuck to it
- Tiana B dress - smelt of smoke so badly I had to re-bag it and sellotape it up fully to stop the smell seeping out.
- Tiana B dress - smelt of perfume and really bad BO - obviously the previous buyer had tried to 'freshen' it up.
- Ronni Nicole dress - Had a big makeup line on the neck which you could see through the packaging.
- Philip Kingsley shampoo - No stopper in the spout and hair hanging from the leakage.
- Steamer - had the red velvet material hanging off where it had been used.

I could go on :headbang:

I have had some really long conversations with the CEO's office about this - they will send a red bag and will inspect the contents and follow up with the packer in the warehouse.

Apparently, when goods have been sent out and then returned, they have a sticker on them with a double bar code - one code is your customer reference and the other is the previous customer. Plus, the system allows them to track the person that placed the goods back into stock when they were returned from the previous customer... that's the theory anyway.

So... don't just speak to CS - go through to the CEO's team and ask for a red bag return so that they can investigate the 'failure' and 're-educate' the culprit.

If we all did this, it might at least start to cause them enough of a problem to take it more seriously.

Doing it this way also keeps more of a record of their service to you... you can then start muttering about 'goodwill' etc for the disappointment, inconvenience etc.

I get really fed up if I have to trudge to the PO with a return because their system is pants! Take a stand - get a red bag!

Last edited:

To do this yourself, bring up the page you want on this forum (presumably page 1), highlight the address at the very top, then copy it (right click it and select copy).

I've just done this myself, and it is - - - - >

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?37796-More-Used-Goods

Then go over to the FB page and paste this link into the comments box (R click the box, select paste).

It should then appear there. You can copy the link from what I've pasted above, to make it easier.

It will then be under your name, rather than someone else's.

Yup, I could copy and paste. Only I don't have a FB account.

Still no reply despite phoning and emails, the last of which was cutting. I hope it gets through to them this time. I must admit though, it seems I got off lightly. Some of what is posted here are horror stories. The thought of receiving a used toothbrush is positively sickening.

Sorry, I thought you were asking how you could transfer the link from here to over there.

But, in the light of Graham's problems, IMO it is not a good idea to put a link to this forum onto QVC's own FB page, so I wouldn't do it myself under my own name.

Last edited:
Still no reply despite phoning and emails, the last of which was cutting. I hope it gets through to them this time. I must admit though, it seems I got off lightly. Some of what is posted here are horror stories. The thought of receiving a used toothbrush is positively sickening.

Call up the normal CS number - ask to be put through to the CEO's team - don't let them put you off. If they resist, speak to the CS manager first and then say specifically that you want to escalate the complaint to the CEO's office.

They should then arrange for someone to get back to you.

The CEO's email address is:

[email protected]

Here's the page on the website that tells you how... it's down near the bottom:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Complaint.content.html

Thankfully I've never been sent a 'used' item and as CS are adamant that they don't send out returns it make's me wonder if the returns system is either time consuming or complicated for the warehouse so instead of following QVC's policy staff just put them back into stock? Perhaps they need to look at the whole returns system and policy

Thankfully I've never been sent a 'used' item and as CS are adamant that they don't send out returns it make's me wonder if the returns system is either time consuming or complicated for the warehouse so instead of following QVC's policy staff just put them back into stock? Perhaps they need to look at the whole returns system and policy

An upgrade to some disinterested spotty equivalent of a YTS giving it a cursory glance & deciding between 'good' (back on the shelf) or 'bad' (straight to Birchwood) you mean? Seriously though, somebody somewhere must be making the decision as to what to do with the returns, how hard can it be:

Does it smell?
Are the underarms stained saffron yellow?
Is it covered in hair (of any kind)?
Are there fingerprint marks on the inside the pot?
Does the item contain any 'extras' not originally shipped as part of said item, e.g. teabags/biscuit or crisp crumbs/used tissues/pen or lipstick marks & so on & so forth!

On a more serious note, it would perhaps be helpful if everybody who received such an item reported it to Trading Standards, who do log all such complaints & do take action if a pattern of repeat offending becomes apparent! :nod:

An upgrade to some disinterested spotty equivalent of a YTS giving it a cursory glance & deciding between 'good' (back on the shelf) or 'bad' (straight to Birchwood) you mean? Seriously though, somebody somewhere must be making the decision as to what to do with the returns, how hard can it be:

Does it smell?
Are the underarms stained saffron yellow?
Is it covered in hair (of any kind)?
Are there fingerprint marks on the inside the pot?
Does the item contain any 'extras' not originally shipped as part of said item, e.g. teabags/biscuit or crisp crumbs/used tissues/pen or lipstick marks & so on & so forth!

On a more serious note, it would perhaps be helpful if everybody who received such an item reported it to Trading Standards, who do log all such complaints & do take action if a pattern of repeat offending becomes apparent! :nod:

That post has made me quite billious

In an moment of madness i ordered a Yong Kim cardigan on easy pay. I had already convinced myself that i didnt want and would be returning it immediately it arrived. Well, it arrived today - no tag, strange odour and the bag sealed with frosted sellotape so even if i hadn't already changed my mind, i would have then!

Have just vented my spleen on the Kitchenaid thread but it also applies here. Just received a Kichenaid Artisan this morning at £400 PLUS and when i opened it it was clearly second hand! Big gouges on the side, all the polystyrene smashed up and stuffed back in the box....was SO looking forward to using it...gutted. Unprofessional, disgustingbehaviour for a 'new' item

I wonder what they do with returns of these??

Just asking! :mysmilie_477:

Not only should p and p and price be refunded, I think they should also give compensation, at least a voucher or something. It is unsafe and traumatic to get these things! Litigate, litigate, litigate - if you actually get anxiety disorders, infections etc!!! I realise I may sound a bit mad but this is the worst thing QVC do in my opinion, which is saying something. And all the examples coming out on this thread or similar threads show that it isn't the odd mistake it is a major everyday problem.

Latest posts

Back