More Used Goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have just vented my spleen on the Kitchenaid thread but it also applies here. Just received a Kichenaid Artisan this morning at £400 PLUS and when i opened it it was clearly second hand! Big gouges on the side, all the polystyrene smashed up and stuffed back in the box....was SO looking forward to using it...gutted. Unprofessional, disgustingbehaviour for a 'new' item

Take a picture of the condition it's in. Post it on FB, report to ASA and Trading Standards and email it to the CEO as well.

CheshireSet

That's despicable!!! Good advice from Anne. Checked my old emails and have received one from Haley Willis, Office of CEO QVC UK. Address was [email protected] - hope that helps. GoGetEm, r-o-a-r!!! x Snarly

FeistyMood

Woke up in a FeistyMood today! Thinking that an email could be sent to Q's PressOffice, UK. And KitchenAid's CEO and PressOffice, and HeadOffice. (CEOEMAIL.COM lists CEOs). KitchenAid's BrandImage is affected here, £400+is a BigTicketItem! The question is, who is at fault? Did KitchenAid supply used goods to Q to sell on, or did Q sell returned stock! ... heck, maybe we should devise a Procedure to deal with UsedGoodsGate, since Q do not admit such a practice occurs. STEPS - take photos - telephone CS advising receipt of used goods, stating email to follow - send email to HaleyWillis, CEOdept - send copy to (obtain name), QVC PressOffice - copy to QVCHeadOffice - copy to CEO of supplier - post details on ST and FB. *grrrowl*hisss*spittt*

AMN, and TradingStandards etc. That was the 6am FirstDraft, lol. We could have our own Terms&Conditions. 'QVC should not sell, nor do we, as consumers, receive and pay for USED items. Unhygienic Soiled Ewww Damaged - when we receive and pay for said items, we feel QVC - QueasyVexedCantankerous. Penalties for foisting USED items on unsuspecting public, include, but are not limited to ... etc etc etc ' <=^.^=> oooh, Snarly'sHacklesAreRaised!

just read right through this thread and have to say they are disgusting and this needs to be widely publicised

Sorry, I thought you were asking how you could transfer the link from here to over there.

But, in the light of Graham's problems, IMO it is not a good idea to put a link to this forum onto QVC's own FB page, so I wouldn't do it myself under my own name.

No worries :) My fault to start with as I never actually made it obvious I didn't have an account there.

Someone here mentioned that the "Contact Us" forms on the new website don't work, so I did a bit of digging around to see if I could come up with a direct email address that seemed suitable. I sent a message to the webmaster address, but I never got any replies from that either. In the end, I found an address of: [email protected] and sent my complaint there. This was on Friday afternoon, and assumed I'd have to wait until Monday at the earliest for any action.

So, colour me surprised when, at 7.55pm, I get a reply containing an unreserved apology for the fact that we received goods in a poor condition and stating that a refund had been issued immediately, even before the item was marked as received in the warehouse. They have refunded the purchase cost, original P&P and will refund my return P&P once they receive the copy receipt that has been posted.

Now *that* is the sort of customer service I expect from a company. It took some hassle to get there but thanks for sorting it QVC. We've fired emails all over the place about this, even to the manufacturer in the US, so I'm not sure who finally sent the orders in the end, but I'm grateful to them. I'm still a little on edge until I actually get the money back in the bank though!

It's just a shame this happened in the first place. I've bought similar products before, so I know how they should look when they arrive. If I was a first time buyer, this would put me right off ordering again.

Another point all this raises for me is when they spout in about how good they are that you can have your item delivered direct to someone else Can you imagine ordering something to be delivered to some relative at the other end of the country, and them ending up receiving something that someone's already had a go at? They'd think you were a right pikey.

Hope the refund won't take long Moth. It's the very least QVC should do.

Nice one Burlz linking this thread to QVC's FB page.

Someone of FB has just posted a photo of a hanky they found in a pair of DG jeans.

uh-oh!

Uh-oh! I hope that PrezziesUnderTheTree will be all right, once they are unwrapped.

I have just sent back a Sarah Chapman Hydrating booster which I purchased on BCC night. The bottle was about 20% from the top. I checked with customer services as sometimes the product is not filled to the top. The assistant was lovely, somehow obtained a photo of what it should be like and asked for a comparison. She then apologised and sent out a per-paid return label. This does make me very wary of purchasing personal use items from QVC - you can only really trust sealed products and you do not know if they are sealed until you receive them!

Pikey that made me LOL
Another point all this raises for me is when they spout in about how good they are that you can have your item delivered direct to someone else Can you imagine ordering something to be delivered to some relative at the other end of the country, and them ending up receiving something that someone's already had a go at? They'd think you were a right pikey.

Well, I think it has happened again!

I posted about this item a couple of days ago in another thread, something I bought for my other half's Christmas, so wasn't going to be opened until then, until I read this thread and something started to niggle. Well, let's just say I am glad I decided to open the box! I had bought the Bose iPod dock & headphones set that was on about a month ago, so not a cheap item, had opened outer cardboard box from Le Q to check they had sent the right thing and then hid it all. Last night I decided to open the dock box and check it, well, from the outside it was all perfect, looked brand new, until I opened it! I was very careful with it all (as I am with everything to be honest) as I unpacked and thought it strange that the bit for docking the iPod was sticking out & not tucked away for transit, but opened the bag it was in (which wasn't sealed in any way at all - another thing I found odd) and took it out, well all I can say is someone must have part of the docking pin bit in their iPhone/iPod as the side bit is missing! Checked through the bag and no bits rattling about either, so call me suspicious but I do think this is another customer return that's been sent out. It just didn't seem packaged right and it's such an odd bit to be missing!

Anyway, I am not a happy camper & Le Q will be getting a call in the morning to come & collect it. Back to the drawing board with the Mr's Christmas present too. Sigh.

I have just recently been a victim of this outrageous "used goods" trafficking from QVC, having ordered a Disney Mickey Mouse watch I received not only the wrong Disney character watch, but a used one to boot! For starters it had no restraining tab under the watch crown, there were no plastic protective films on the lens and the steel back, there was a dirty mark on the inside of the strap and an enlarged hole where the buckle prong had strained to fit somebody's large wrist! Just who do QVC think they are kidding? This a an illegal malpractice that needs to be exposed and stopped.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back