New presenting style: wrestling the guest!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh Muttley, I did have a giggle at your post. Didn't catch this on the box, not seen any of it as was on the phone a lot - do you think this was a Freudian slip on his part? You can't take him anywhere, can you (well, perhaps to the IW Home for Retired & Totally Manic Presenters, but that's about it). His so-called "humour" is so peculiar, he probably thought it was the height of wit. You should have heard him the other day trying to pronounce "ergonomically" - he only got as far as "ergon" (which he said about 3 times in a row, followed by a pause and then switched to saying the chair was "wonderful").

He knew exactly what he was saying with Justin Beiber, he said it directly to camera for effect. And I wish I had seen him attemping "ergonomically" that sounds hilarious! He needs to stick with words he can pronounce otherwise he sounds simple.

He knew exactly what he was saying with Justin Beiber, he said it directly to camera for effect. And I wish I had seen him attemping "ergonomically" that sounds hilarious! He needs to stick with words he can pronounce otherwise he sounds simple.

Simple Simon! Wayhay! :mysmilie_17:

Bet he did the usual spiel about "when you're going out and you've got not only that special dress, not only the shoes..." One of these days he's going to list the underwear you've got on as well. Haven't seen a Moissonite hour on there for yonks, but it's always a treat when he puts on the overcome with emotion act.....I keep waiting for him to be nominated for a BAFTA award. What the Royal Shakespeare Company is missing...Benedict Cumberbatch, eat your heart out.

Has he started crying yet? and the usual "the sparkle, oh the fire, ladies just buy, just buy ladies....just....just buy"

Its 11pm on a Monday evening, Saint Peter welcomes all of us and I quote "Thank you very much for joining me in the wee small hours"................eh well actually Pete...............................Ohh it doesnt matter:dull:

Bet he did the usual spiel about "when you're going out and you've got not only that special dress, not only the shoes..." One of these days he's going to list the underwear you've got on as well. Haven't seen a Moissonite hour on there for yonks, but it's always a treat when he puts on the overcome with emotion act.....I keep waiting for him to be nominated for a BAFTA award. What the Royal Shakespeare Company is missing...Benedict Cumberbatch, eat your heart out.

I am slightly surprised that Benedict Cumberbatch got the part in Hamlet. Maybe our Pete didn't audition to give the lad a chance. There would have been queues of elderly ladies at the theatre if Pete had been there! Actually, I can see Pete as Sherlock, the public are missing a treat here!

He did treat the hour with respect, he was wearing the checked "sincerity" jacket and bow tie he wears for the Kinkykade hour!

And that all time favourite "just buy.....just buy....it's only two fivers"!" when he was at Bid he failed to add that it's actually three fivers and three pound coins with the £8 p&p, one day he'll say "just buy.....just buy It's only one fiver, four pound coins, a fifty pence, a twenty pence, two ten pence, a five pence, two two pence and a penny!"...........too much? :giggle:

Edit.....I'll just add that I live in hope that he gets pulled up over his foolish act, trying to deceive the customer buy giving the true, full price.

Last edited:
Oh, he used to trot out the Justin Bender "slip of the tongue" on Bid too. Still, expecting him to get some new jokes would be like getting IW to buy in some new product lines.

By the heck, Muttley, things were serious if the "sincerity" gear was on - was the creepy music playing somewhere in the background, too? And let's face it, Cumberbatch would have been acted off the stage if Pete had auditioned. No one does real emotion like our Pope Pete.

I am slightly surprised that Benedict Cumberbatch got the part in Hamlet. Maybe our Pete didn't audition to give the lad a chance. There would have been queues of elderly ladies at the theatre if Pete had been there! Actually, I can see Pete as Sherlock, the public are missing a treat here!

He did treat the hour with respect, he was wearing the checked "sincerity" jacket and bow tie he wears for the Kinkykade hour!

thatu, repent and see the error of your ways immediately......a weekly dose of Pope Pete at his finest is compulsory viewing. Sadly, I also missed the Moissonite hour, which is normally one of Pete's finest and the tears are falling down my face as we speak: "oh ladies, will you just look at this, just look at the fire, the sparkle, the brilliantine - er, brilliance". He will then list each item of "special" clothing you are wearing when you go out wearing your Moissonite.

How come I miss all this when I tune into IW??
:mysmilie_10:

Last edited:
thatu, repent and see the error of your ways immediately......a weekly dose of Pope Pete at his finest is compulsory viewing. Sadly, I also missed the Moissonite hour, which is normally one of Pete's finest and the tears are falling down my face as we speak: "oh ladies, will you just look at this, just look at the fire, the sparkle, the brilliantine - er, brilliance". He will then list each item of "special" clothing you are wearing when you go out wearing your Moissonite.

The Thomas Kincade hours are always good value with Pope Pete. Like a lobotomised Brian Sewell.

Its a little known fact, but I can exclusively reveal that Peter Simon taught Brian Sewell all he knows about art... I agree, the Kinkade shows are hilarious!

Last time I caught it (last week, I think) they had the sort of music you hear on tv shows where they are doing a funeral visitation (where you go and view the body in the casket).

Is the ladder guy that Charlie from Bid who nearly had his knackers squished when he fell through the platform? Why can't IW get some proper beefcake presenters? I demand some decent eye-candy :p

This is the ladder guy I usually see him with, Andrew Bernard

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/22olsJbEL8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the ladder guy I usually see him with, Andrew Bernard

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/22olsJbEL8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cringefest:muscle: if ever I saw one! Saint Peter of Si makes Mr B look like a talented pro.................:movie::giggle:

Latest posts

Back